Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coconut

Advice On Furniture Placement

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

your TV so far away? use binoculars? :lol:

funny how come your stove is so close to the windows? while your sink is some what out of place.

very troublesome you know?

yaloh, agree with MaCe.

Stove too near to window, wok will hit the window wall. Or the heat will melt something there. Need to shift further in abit, about 1 cabinet door distance will do.

Sink need to relocate. Suggest u do a L-shape extension at the window and put your sink there (i.e when u stand at the sink, u are looking out of window).

Far-Away-TV.

1) Do a extension to the wall between (sofa2 and Display). And wall mount the TV, if it's a LCD/Plasma.

2) Shift Sofa3 to the other side of coffee table. Then again wall mount the TV on the wall (of the piano).

your TV so far away? use binoculars? :lol:

funny how come your stove is so close to the windows? while your sink is some what out of place.

very troublesome you know?

hi mace

the stove oredi in this position from the previous owner...the position of the sink was by HDB..the usual position the stove was oposite the sink, that's why the previous owner moved to near the window or else, the stove will face the toilet....hope it's ok to have stove at this position :unsure:

the tv is at that corner because, my sofa needs to have the wall as backing...actually previously, i wanted to place it at the middle of the living room by using a 1.8m tv console...but the tv wiring too obvious liao..

and that's a pillar on top of the middle of the living room, i cannot put my sofa under the pillar :bangwall:

yaloh, agree with MaCe.

Stove too near to window, wok will hit the window wall. Or the heat will melt something there. Need to shift further in abit, about 1 cabinet door distance will do.

Sink need to relocate. Suggest u do a L-shape extension at the window and put your sink there (i.e when u stand at the sink, u are looking out of window).

Far-Away-TV.

1) Do a extension to the wall between (sofa2 and Display). And wall mount the TV, if it's a LCD/Plasma.

2) Shift Sofa3 to the other side of coffee table. Then again wall mount the TV on the wall (of the piano).

hi hihihi

i can only use small wok .....i cannot move the sink near the window, because i cannot hang my clothes :(

renovating a kitchen can cost a lot of money. up to individual lor.

the stove;

1)While you are cooking - somebody who just finished baking cakes opens the toilet door?

depending on which way the airflow(wind) is - either it blows to the dining table or to the stove area.

if possible, shift toilet door right till the end - closer to the windows.

2) Your neighbours above will HATE you if you do not have a cookerhood or forgot to switch it on while cooking. Dont be surprise if you find rubbish on your clean laundries, window ledge..etc

suggestion : place stove nearer to the fridge area roughly 3feet or more away from the fridge. while sink takes over the stove's place.

the TV;

1) too far, impractical. eventually when you move in - you will definitely shift it.

2) altar - if you are praying to buddha or buddha related. The altar can be placed anywhere in living room.

no comments on taoism deities. Then TV can take over the altar's place.

Or - have the altar facing main door - while creating a partition + a foyer area(living room splits into 2). some benches or stool for you remove/wear shoes.

all the above are just my personal suggestions(personal point of view)...wait for more from other members.

more suggestions, you get more ideas.

Edited by MaCe

renovating a kitchen can cost a lot of money. up to individual lor.

the stove;

1)While you are cooking - somebody who just finished baking cakes opens the toilet door?

depending on which way the airflow(wind) is - either it blows to the dining table or to the stove area.

if possible, shift toilet door right till the end - closer to the windows.

2) Your neighbours above will HATE you if you do not have a cookerhood or forgot to switch it on while cooking. Dont be surprise if you find rubbish on your clean laundries, window ledge..etc

suggestion : place stove nearer to the fridge area roughly 3feet or more away from the fridge. while sink takes over the stove's place.

the TV;

1) too far, impractical. eventually when you move in - you will definitely shift it.

2) altar - if you are praying to buddha or buddha related. The altar can be placed anywhere in living room.

no comments on taoism deities. Then TV can take over the altar's place.

Or - have the altar facing main door - while creating a partition + a foyer area(living room splits into 2). some benches or stool for you remove/wear shoes.

all the above are just my personal suggestions(personal point of view)...wait for more from other members.

more suggestions, you get more ideas.

hi mace, any issues on FS aspect ? flying stars :unsure:

thanks Mace, but is my placement of furnitures ok from the point of FS :unsure:

nothing to do/nothing wrong with fs leh

ya...as square as my head :unsure:

one of the most important and basic requirement to a good fengshui house

is a square house.