Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Went there to source for quote for my resale

All booth display very solid & fanciful...some are salesman & some are IDs or bosses

Visit Extract Living

1) MD quite friendly and sincere but want us to deposit $500 for the 3D drawing.

If dun like their quote/package can exchange for gift from their supplier.

2) Rest & Relax

No comment....ID will get back to me after planning the layout

3) Unimax

8 years warranty.....think their 4rm resale package on the high side

Not include painting & design/supply false ceiling...the salesman whom entertain me seem to be lack of

knowledge...maybe i better than him.

Quote me 1.5k for the painting of whole house... shld be the most expensive among all

rest of the booth never try//

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Unimax seems to be the only firm that provides 8 years warranty. But it is FREE workmanship only for 8 years. They can charge for the repair materials used unless you provide it to them. The price offered is $69 per foot run but the devil is in the details.

FAKTUM kitchen cabinets from Ikea have a limited 25 years guarantee that covers defects in material and workmanship.

I'll take Ikea's FAKTUM kitchen cabinets with a limited 25 years guarantee any time over some plywood.

Edited by DSA

Wow thanks i was planning to drop by today and i was still trying to find impressions from people who been there. :D

beware of the salesman u are dealing with...some are part time staff whom are trying to hit & run

some really dress to impress....is this neccesary. Talk so much also no use

i have not sign up any package yet....will wait for other quote first

My advise is DON'T BE too quick to react to their:-

- "Promotion price valid only @ EXPO"

- "Sign now we waive GST"

- "Other ID Firms get their supply from us, we are direct supplier"

- "We have our own Carpentry Factory and this and that"

There will always be another exhibition and more offers to come your way. Just be there for the ideas and market feel. Do talk to as many ID Firms as your tongue can suffer with no commitment and for no charge, you will learn many things about renovation works in SG :)

Will take note too. Good thing i'm not prone to sweet-talks and psychoism lolx. Hope my wife-to-be doesn't fall for that though. :dunno:

Edited by jackng1982

:bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall: why i dont know got Living Home 2008 Expo :bangwall::bangwall: may i know still hv?or end already? :bangwall::bangwall:

- dis fair gona end dis cuming Sunday.

- every other 1 2 mths, there wil b a fair at SG Expo, on Interior Design & Renovation, Home Furnishing & related products.

- e regular exhibitors wil b there.

- those who r there may not b bad but they may not b good either.

- all gota depends on 1s standards & requirements.

- most importantly is not 2 sign any 'promotional package' etc on e spot even e promotional deal is very attractive.

- fyi, e deposited amount can b refunded or exchanged 2 voucher in e future if 1 decide not 2 proceed with their service.

- unless e 'sales ID' & 1 got dat chemistry & comfortablity, 1 can go ahead & sign.

- remember, they wil only get back 2 u after end of dis wk, after e fair is over.

- y? :unsure:

:notti:

:bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall: why i dont know got Living Home 2008 Expo :bangwall::bangwall: may i know still hv?or end already? :bangwall::bangwall:

no worries cute, this fair ends 8th June so you still got 1 more weekend to drop by. And do check the EXPO events calendar. A few more fairs up and coming this few months. :yamseng:

- dis fair gona end dis cuming Sunday.

- every other 1 2 mths, there wil b a fair at SG Expo, on Interior Design & Renovation, Home Furnishing & related products.

- e regular exhibitors wil b there.

- those who r there may not b bad but they may not b good either.

- all gota depends on 1s standards & requirements.

- most importantly is not 2 sign any 'promotional package' etc on e spot even e promotional deal is very attractive.

- fyi, e deposited amount can b refunded or exchanged 2 voucher in e future if 1 decide not 2 proceed with their service.

- unless e 'sales ID' & 1 got dat chemistry & comfortablity, 1 can go ahead & sign.

- remember, they wil only get back 2 u after end of dis wk, after e fair is over.

- y? :unsure:

:notti:

Thanks jaCKY777 :) when go there must keep calm,will remember dont get :dribble::dribble: because thats only their marketing tactics :dancingqueen:

no worries cute, this fair ends 8th June so you still got 1 more weekend to drop by. And do check the EXPO events calendar. A few more fairs up and coming this few months. :yamseng:

thanks jackng1982, noted :):) will go there this sat :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Just to share my experience with ******:

I went to the Trend & Art of Living exhibition yesterday and met Endy from ******. I had a discussion with him on my ideas for my home, and I must admit that he seems knowledgeable. When I asked him to give me a quotation via email, he told me that he will do the quotation on the spot and ask me to look around for other quotes in the meantime.

I walked around for a while before he called me. When I went back, I was shocked by the quotation as it is so much higher than the others that I got. However Endy was a superb salesman and kept telling me how good they are and that they might seem more expensive because of the materials they use. He even asked me to bring along other quotations for him to do an item-by-item comparison. I thought that I could just pick up the quotation and go but in the end had to stay over an hour to listen to his sales talk. In the end, he asked me to sign an "appointment letter" to appoint them and put down 1k deposit. The 1k deposit can be "exchanged" for their services such as painting even if I decide not to engage them later.

As I'm not very satisfied with their design and am also not comfortable with Endy (looks like an insurance agent rather than ID), I stood my ground and did not get suckered into paying the deposit. In order to get away, I agreed to come back next week with other quotations for him to do a comparison. However now that I see so many negative comments, I don't think I will go back.

Went there to source for quote for my resale

All booth display very solid & fanciful...some are salesman & some are IDs or bosses

Visit Extract Living

1) MD quite friendly and sincere but want us to deposit $500 for the 3D drawing.

If dun like their quote/package can exchange for gift from their supplier.

Pay 500 to get 3D drawing, can skip.

2) Rest & Relax

No comment....ID will get back to me after planning the layout

3) Unimax

8 years warranty.....think their 4rm resale package on the high side

Not include painting & design/supply false ceiling...the salesman whom entertain me seem to be lack of

knowledge...maybe i better than him.

Quote me 1.5k for the painting of whole house... shld be the most expensive among all

rest of the booth never try//

But seriously, such fair/expo is a good "training" ground when doing reno, especially first timer. We also started our reno journey visiting a few of this expo, talked to many IDs (or salesmen), learn their jargon, build up our knowledge, get some ideas, learn how to bargain and negotiate etc etc... but still never sign with any :D:P

Edited by TYM

I also went down to the exhibition and put down a deposit for my laminate flooring (Kronotex) cos i've been thinking over it for the last 6 mths even b4 I found my flat.

The price has crept up and finally, I bit the bullet to lock myself into the price of the flooring so as not to let it creep up again.

Looking forward to comparing quotes by the different IDs i've approached and finalising one.

Unimax seems to be the only firm that provides 8 years warranty. But it is FREE workmanship only for 8 years. They can charge for the repair materials used unless you provide it to them. The price offered is $69 per foot run but the devil is in the details.

FAKTUM kitchen cabinets from Ikea have a limited 25 years guarantee that covers defects in material and workmanship.

I'll take Ikea's FAKTUM kitchen cabinets with a limited 25 years guarantee any time over some plywood.

Was convinced by the ID to sign up kitchen package first with Unimax during their expo in March. $69pfr & homogeneous solid surface $90pfr. But their renovation quotation is far too expensive for us, so we decide to get other contractor or ID for our reno works. After asking around, market should be at the margin of $80-90pfr for kitchen cabinet and $70-$80 for solid surface. (after asking some contractors)

Sometimes it's very tempting to sign up during these exhibitions for the perks and discounts the merchants claimed.

We burnt more holes in our pockets last weekend during this Living Showcase 2008. Paid deposit for open/walk-in wardrobe (though we feel that's a good deal after comparing with others) and also a king-size storage bed frame, with customizable headboard(a whooping $1400, discounted from $1799 :unsure: ).

>_< But we haven't confirmed any contractor yet. Still sourcing for the best deal and someone we are comfortable with. Really appreciate if anyone can give some advice here.