Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tpwong

Reno Work

Sorry guys, I didn't see this section until today. All along I was posting in the wrong section. I am repeating my que here.

Hi Mr. Chong,

I just have a few simple ques to ask:

1. I went to see my FS and he told me that if I don't intend to hack the floor, I don't need to sprinkle salt+rice on the four corners of the floor. Is that true? Can you comment? Is it ok to sprinkle salt+rice even if I don't intend to hack the floor? Any implication?

2. What is the purpose of sprinkling salt+rice?

3. Do you need an auspicious date to do that?

4. Some people roll pinapple. By right we should do it before reno or on the day of moving in?

Sorry for the long que. Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Sorry guys, I didn't see this section until today. All along I was posting in the wrong section. I am repeating my que here.

Hi Mr. Chong,

I just have a few simple ques to ask:

1. I went to see my FS and he told me that if I don't intend to hack the floor, I don't need to sprinkle salt+rice on the four corners of the floor. Is that true? Can you comment? Is it ok to sprinkle salt+rice even if I don't intend to hack the floor? Any implication?

2. What is the purpose of sprinkling salt+rice?

3. Do you need an auspicious date to do that?

4. Some people roll pinapple. By right we should do it before reno or on the day of moving in?

Sorry for the long que. Thanks!

Hello

Sprinkling salt and rice has nothing to do with hacking of floor. Although salt has a certain purpose when applied, most of the time this is custom related or religion related. For FS, you can omit this step if you like.

Usually chinese people comes with different tradition and carrying on this tradition of procedures is a good way of reminder etc. There's nothing wrong to do it, not to do it (do more or less). During the Chinese Dynasty ruling, a lot of these mixed traditional procedures were introduced to people by 'fake masters' during and after the persecution of the remnants of genuine feng shui masters.

Sprinkling of salt is believed to absorb the overwhelming Yin qi still lingering (or so called ghosts), while the rice is to appease them or satisfy their hunger and so the story goes. There are many variation of stories from different masters, just enjoy.

If this is the first time you want to sing a song in the house or anything you consider new and important between you and a new contact, you need a good date.

Yes pineapples.....roll more!! Sound auspicious. Usually done before move-in.

No problem.