Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MightyJoeYoung

Laminated Flooring

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Before my laminated flooring was up, I went to vohringer's website for their quotation. They didn't call me till 2 weeks later. By then, I have already confirmed my order with Supreme.

Go for Pergo if you have the budget.

Hi, found a great site that would provide loads of info on laminate floorings. Laminate Flooring We have chosen Tarkett for our house. Do try this portal, it does have some interesting reads. :)

Also, interestingly I do not see brands like Kronotex & Vohringer in them. Supreme local company, laminates are German Technology not German made.

Edited by honeyclub

since the topic is related to laminated flooring, may i ask any recommendation for vacumn cleaner that can be gently and kind to the flooring?

Hi, found a great site that would provide loads of info on laminate floorings. Laminate Flooring We have chosen Tarkett for our house. Do try this portal, it does have some interesting reads. :)

Also, interestingly I do not see brands like Kronotex & Vohringer in them. Supreme local company, laminates are German Technology not German made.

any reason you choose Tarkett rather than more common brand like Kornotex or Pergo?

Hi,

Would like to know whether is it effective to add additional 3mm rubber for the overlay of the laminated flooring. Any idea whether the walking feel would be better or is it the same? Anyone know whats the price of it?

Thanks

Hi,

Would like to know whether is it effective to add additional 3mm rubber for the overlay of the laminated flooring. Any idea whether the walking feel would be better or is it the same? Anyone know whats the price of it?

Thanks

Around $1psf for the rubber sheet.

Of course with the rubber overlay, walking feel is better and less noisy. But personally, I don't think it is worth to. I did my bedrooms without the rubber overlay. Initially, the noise was pretty loud when I was stepping over the laminated flooring. But after a week or so, the flooring kind of settled down and not so noisy then. 2 months after I move in, nearly no sound when I walk on it :good:

Around $1psf for the rubber sheet.

Of course with the rubber overlay, walking feel is better and less noisy. But personally, I don't think it is worth to. I did my bedrooms without the rubber overlay. Initially, the noise was pretty loud when I was stepping over the laminated flooring. But after a week or so, the flooring kind of settled down and not so noisy then. 2 months after I move in, nearly no sound when I walk on it :good:

Thanks.

What is the brand of laminated flooring you are using?

Thanks.

What is the brand of laminated flooring you are using?

Hi, kk88, sorry didn't see your qtn. I guess it is very late to reply you now. Anyway, I am using Supreme.

Hi, ILoveMyHome, the rubber sheet was supplied by the laminated company if you order laminated flooring package from them. Not sure where you can buy separately. Maybe DIY shops or Home-Fix stores sell them.

Hi, kk88, sorry didn't see your qtn. I guess it is very late to reply you now. Anyway, I am using Supreme.

Hi, ILoveMyHome, the rubber sheet was supplied by the laminated company if you order laminated flooring package from them. Not sure where you can buy separately. Maybe DIY shops or Home-Fix stores sell them.

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend any laminated floorings companies with good prices?

Thanks

I'm using Supreme for my current place and find it to be of good quality. Scratch proof. Easy to maintain. The near white one is beautiful and you can line it with dark oak borders. Nice effect.

Now i'm moving to a new place and the seller choose a cheap looking laminate. Can show sign of great wear and tear. Only then i really appreciate a good laminate.

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend any laminated floorings companies with good prices?

Thanks

The best quality is from Pergo. I had it done for my previous home. It's very durable and scratch proof but it's costly. Dont know the current pricing. Did mine 8 years back.