Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gosaldar

Reno @ Bukit Batok

Hi gosaldar, you new house is very near to my current house. I think you bought your house at $488k based on the HDB resale transaction info.

I was talking to Roy yesterday for my renovation quote, he mentioned he just came over from your house (we met at 815pm). Hope your renovation turns out well. I have not decided on my ID yet, yesterday i met 4 IDs. So far 3 turn well quite well, 1 so so only and anyway he had rejected my job thru email today citing he can't cope with my tight timeline.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ha ha ha... Good guess :yamseng:

Yes, that is the 'dilemma' of becoming famous. There are quite numbers of good ID out there as well. If u read more of postings in this forum, u can find them :-)

Good luck with ur hunt for ID.

Hi gosaldar, you new house is very near to my current house. I think you bought your house at $488k based on the HDB resale transaction info.

I was talking to Roy yesterday for my renovation quote, he mentioned he just came over from your house (we met at 815pm). Hope your renovation turns out well. I have not decided on my ID yet, yesterday i met 4 IDs. So far 3 turn well quite well, 1 so so only and anyway he had rejected my job thru email today citing he can't cope with my tight timeline.

Some photos of the current state of the house:

So far so good... Today they are doing the aircon. Tomorrow gonna buy lightning. Any tip?

Edited by gosaldar

Tomorrow gonna buy lightning. Any tip?

Not sure what's your style of shopping but here's what we did.

We visited a good dozen or so lighting shops with our floor plan, a camera and a note book. I would take pixs of the light fittings that caught our eyes. Tom would be the one taking notes, ie model number, watts, price, type of bulbs, if it has a dimmer mode, etc.

I'd arrange the pixs and info on a printout for our file so it'd be easier to decide which light fittings would be most appropriate. Here's a couple to give you an idea how it looks like:-

lights%20shopping%201.jpg

Click here for larger pix on Picasa Web Album

ceiling%201.jpg

Click here for larger pix on Picasa Web Album

Here's what we did for the electrician which also helped us to remember what we want the electrician to do:-

080622reno_plan%20-%20electrical.jpg

From the floor plan, you can see that we have also specified where we want for the light switches.

Anyway, you should get an idea from your contractor when he would need the light fittings to be delivered so you would know if you really have the time to shop around.

Happy Shopping!

P.S. If you go to Chan Huat, say Hi to Simon for us! ;) Very patient and hardworking fella....might be the boss I suppose. :thumbs up:

Just get more damage today.

1. Fridge. Panasonic NRD511X. ($1.3K)
  2. Washer+Dryer. LG WD-14361TD + TD-C70040E ($1.7K)
  3. Microwave. Panasonic NN-ST557MYPQ ($150)

Think will postpone the TV and sofa.

Need to get dining table.

Looking for something similiar to this Ikea table

Leksvik

Any idea where to get a good one?

Just get more damage today.
  1. Fridge. Panasonic NRD511X. ($1.3K)
  2. Washer+Dryer. LG WD-14361TD + TD-C70040E ($1.7K)
  3. Microwave. Panasonic NN-ST557MYPQ ($150)
Think will postpone the TV and sofa.

Need to get dining table.

Looking for something similiar to this Ikea table

Leksvik

Any idea where to get a good one?

Me also looking for nice sofa. any recommendation?

I heard Mesin Furniture is quite cheap. Often come out in Newspaper Ad

See here

Hi Gosaldar,

Reading the postings, it seems tt they r good in offering competitive prices but delivery wise not so prompt.

How abt u? U bought from there before?

I went to Furniture Mall, Sungei Kadut & TradeHub21 & IMM... I'm actually looking for a 9f long L-shape sofa type (canvas type). And wat they r offering is more than 2K. I need to meet my budget of 1.2K ...

so we r still sourcing.. :dancingqueen:

Hi!

I'm not buying sofa at TV at this moment. Have dry up my budget buying the rest.

My philosophy is that better not to have it rather than compromise on the quality. Most of the stuff I get, I believe they are of pretty good/decent quality, although not very high end. And I don't believe in taking reno-credit. So, this reno use 100% cash. So, wait for end-of-the-year bonus before do 2nd round of reno next year (tv-console, sofa, 2 wardrobes, windows, and another full-height kitchen cabinet).

The 3rd round of "reno" (2010) will be the beautifying stage, things like nice wall-clock, painting, display cabinet, pottery, carpet, etc.

Back to ur question. No I haven't been there yet. I've gone to Park Mall, IMM, Ikea, Tradehub & Furniture Mall. Yet to go to Sungei Kadut. Really no time....

Sungei Kadut is very troublesome since I don't drive.

Hi Gosaldar,

Reading the postings, it seems tt they r good in offering competitive prices but delivery wise not so prompt.

How abt u? U bought from there before?

I went to Furniture Mall, Sungei Kadut & TradeHub21 & IMM... I'm actually looking for a 9f long L-shape sofa type (canvas type). And wat they r offering is more than 2K. I need to meet my budget of 1.2K ...

so we r still sourcing.. :dancingqueen:

I think there might be a ferry service from the nearby MRT. Check that out.

International Furniture Centre

62 Sungei Kadut Loop

Singapore 729507

Tel (65) 6569 6988

Email

enquiry@ifcsingapore.com

Business Hours

Open daily, 11am to 8pm

Free Shuttle Bus Service from Yew Tee MRT on Saturday, Sunday & Public Holiday.

Free Parking

Back to ur question. No I haven't been there yet. I've gone to Park Mall, IMM, Ikea, Tradehub & Furniture Mall. Yet to go to Sungei Kadut. Really no time....

Sungei Kadut is very troublesome since I don't drive.

Thanks a lot :-)

Will probably go there tomorrow. Need to get a dining table.

I think there might be a ferry service from the nearby MRT. Check that out.