Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yenming

My Dream House Project

Dream Hse Project started in Jan/08 and selection of ID had finally come to an end in Apr/08. Stiff competition among several IDs have made our minds fickle now and there... Who to chose and who to trust? These questions have been appearing in our dreams for the past few months..

Place : Bukit Panjang

Flat Type : 5-Room

Area : 125m2

Finally, who won the selection??? Answers as per below:-

1. Stiles @ IMM (Price nt quoted after met-up)

2. I-Deal Hse @ Serangoon (Price reasonable; Tiling Good, Carpentory Good, Designer Good)

3. Weiken @ TradeHub 21 (Price kinda steep; Tiling Avg, Carpentory Good)

4. Prestige Image @ Clementi (Price cheapest; Tiling Good, Carpentory Avg, Designer so-so)

5. Manhattan Holmes @ Boon Lay (Price Finally, who won the selection??? Answers as per below:-

We din spend alot of times looking into many ID firms. Only a few well-recommended by forumers and other web. It is tough to compare... To choose a good ID with good workmanship but need to work on a tight budget or to choose the lowest quotation and ignore the fact that workmanship is not up to our expectation (Individuals may have different views in terms of good workmanship and poor)... But its certain that both of us would demand any firm to provide the best quality....

Finally, we chose I-Deal House and our ID-in-charge is Johnny. Though price is not the lowest, but as compared to the more reputable ID firms, their price still fall under the reasonable range.

Johnny is recommended by one of the forumers here. And we have been to her place to check on its workmanship. True enuff, as wat she has written here, their workmanship is able to meet our stringent expectations.

Anyway, cost of renovation is still within our budget of 40K. Hence, we agreed to sign with Johnny considering that there should be no hidden cost.

The renovation was scheduled to start on 9Jun. We took some before photos as per below:-

DSC00368.jpg

Dining Room to be linked to an open concept kitchen

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

Living Room with 7ft TV console and 12ft (4") elevated platform

DSC00371.jpg

Kitchen to be hacked and become open concept style

DSC00372.jpg

Common Toilet

Edited by Yenming

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

DSC00375.jpg

MBR which we will custom-made a queen sized bed.

DSC00377.jpg

MBR where 9ft wardrobe and 3ft TV console will be built.

DSC00378.jpg

Sis-in-Law room which will be doing a 6ft wardrobe.

We took some photos after hacking of walls and removing the cornies.

P6110001.jpg

Wall hacked to built a full-length shoe cabinet. Air-con compressor shall be removed tomorrow by air-con serviceman.

P6110010.jpg

Wall hacked for open concept kitchen

P6110024.jpg

As proposed by ID (Johnny), wall beside main entrance was hacked to create a more spacious feeling.

We requested Johnny that the tiling work team muz be done the same team as what I have seen during my visit to the forumer's flat to ensure tt the quality shall not deviate much wat we expected it to be.

Tiler arrived today and started to do screeding on the uneven walls.

P6120003.jpg

He's working on our MBR toilet. In order to break the ice, hubby bought coffee for the tilers. wahaha.

Tiles have already arrived but actual tiling work shall only commence next week. Will try to take some pics of the tiles and post later. :dancingqueen:

Wares the floorplan? Hehe.... :D

Congrats Congrats!

Wah it seems your ID works very fast. Only a few days after selection and all the walls and floor are hacked clean. Seems to have chosen wisely. Cant wait for more photos.

Enjoy the process..... :notti:

:yamseng:

Hi Dracula,

Hee... Yeah... we told our ID that we need to move in by End.Jul before the Hungry Ghost Festival. I also wanted to upload more pics... but dun really have anymore things to take despite the fact tt we have been gg back to look at the hse. :notti:

anyway, the below is our floorplan:-

FloorPlan.jpg

Not so good to shw the 3D drawings provided by our ID. But attached is wat we have imaged our hse to be... drawn n edited by Hubby :notti::notti:

Dun play play, his skills also nt bad siah... hahaha

FloorPlanDone.jpg

any comments?

Edited by Yenming

Wares the floorplan? Hehe.... :D

Congrats Congrats!

Wah it seems your ID works very fast. Only a few days after selection and all the walls and floor are hacked clean. Seems to have chosen wisely. Cant wait for more photos.

Enjoy the process..... :notti:

:yamseng:

Hi Dracula,

sorry. i'm a newbie here... previously only gather info. din contribute to tis forum. saw ur signature. so i copied n edit ur signature... dun mind rite?? :D

hi Yenming,

Nice house you got there :) Your whole house very squarish, very good :good::good: Congratulations! :sport-smiley-004: Looking forward to see your dream project becoming true :yamseng:

hi Yenming,

Nice house you got there :) Your whole house very squarish, very good :good::good: Congratulations! :sport-smiley-004: Looking forward to see your dream project becoming true :yamseng:

Thanks mel. However, i dun really like the layout of the MBR. Becos the restroom eats into the squarish space and whole room seems smaller than the other rooms. :(

The whole project is proceeding further at a steady pace. We took some photos again...

Wanted to take the pics of tiles. But the tiles are all consealed and piled up. Not so nice to open them up. So only managed to take a few.

P6150009.jpg

Whole hse will be using homogenous tiles. We top up additional $ in order to have the white tiles for all rooms n living room. But ID is kind enuff to offer a slight discounts.. hehehe.

P6150008.jpg

MBR Toilet wall tiles. Its actually black and beige. ID wanted to give a condo-like feeling. Not sure if it will turn out good.. initially, we wanted a black n white combination. But ID said its very common already...

well, we accepted his proposal finally...

P6160016.jpg

This pic is taken tis afternoon.. Tiler already started to do tiling in MBR. But only managed to capture one side..

DSC00318.jpg

This is the common toilet tiles. Its similar to one of the forumers here. actually, its chosen by my sis-in-law.

but after ID checked with SBH (Soon Bee Huat), the tiles are out-of-stock. Hence, we have to choose another type. But my hubby did not give up, he look high n low in s'pore for similar range. managed to find it in another tile shop. so we contacted ID to check with them if the tiles are sufficient. Tiles chosen is actually more expensive than wat we are suppose to choose. But again ID is really great to absorb the differentce in price . Thumbs UP!

P6110022.jpg

Mosiac to be use to seperate living room and kitchen tiles... FOC by ID as well. :notti:

you haf a beautiful layout! and work started soo fast!! :good: so jealous. haha. waiting to see more pix!!! :D

just noticed something strange though.. the previous owner put the air con compressor INSIDE the house??? :jawdrop:

Edited by hoitytoity

Just to add a few more pics...

P6160014.jpg

So fast, the open concept kitchen wall has already been screed. we touched it and wow its real smooth.

P6160015.jpg

To seperate the dining place and living place, a half height partition is being constructed. Will be slightly higher from the pics. ID proposed to place glass panel to create spacious feeling....

Really excited... hope to update more pics later..

you haf a beautiful layout! and work started soo fast!! :good: so jealous. haha. waiting to see more pix!!! :D

just noticed something strange though.. the previous owner put the air con compressor INSIDE the house??? :jawdrop:

Hi hoityhoity,

thanks.. we hope to move in before Aug... so we asked ID to work on it... but he cant confirm now.. becos carpentory work might be delayed. haiiii.... wait n c hw ba... we also dun wan to stress them..

yup. the previous owner put the aircon compressor inside of the hse... at the balacony... its very ugly..

the min u open the main door, u can c the big n bulky thing.

hw abt u??? already started renovation???

Just curious, your MBR & Bedroom3 have windows right?

Hi BunBun,

Yeah... my MBR n Bedroom3 have windows.. Y?

Edited by Yenming