Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LittleDevil

Setting Up Our Own Home...

How much did u pay for this unit? High COV? High floor?

The condition is very good! Was hoping for an AMK resale initially but the COV priced us out of the mkt :( Luckily managed to get a flat from ballot...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The condition is very good! Was hoping for an AMK resale initially but the COV priced us out of the mkt :( Luckily managed to get a flat from ballot...

I'm aso at St 32. Val for 10 flr and above start around 450K (i'm told). I bought my place 4 yrs ago at 317K 5 room at walk-in. Exact same layout.

Little devil cld you post pics of your kitchen. I want to re-do mine but thinking of how to optimise the minimal space available.

Tks.

Agreed with the seller on the price around Nov/Dec last year. The valuation was $510k then. Used up much of our "housing fund" :help:

But we really like the place... so bo bian lor.. we already queued 3 times for balloting and always ended up at the very end of the queue... and we have seen many resale flats on sales in the market which mostly asking for high COV - even for a flat in Sembawang! Can't believe it!! :bangwall:

Too tired and stress over house-hunting so give in to the seller lor... but no regret lar... but will definitely not shifting house for the next two or three decades! :dancingqueen:

Edited by LittleDevil

I'm aso at St 32. Val for 10 flr and above start around 450K (i'm told). I bought my place 4 yrs ago at 317K 5 room at walk-in. Exact same layout.

Little devil cld you post pics of your kitchen. I want to re-do mine but thinking of how to optimise the minimal space available.

Tks.

You are one of the lucky ones!! :dribble:

I am squeezing in two rows of top & bottom cabinets to maximise storage space. However, scared that the place will look cluttered so use a lot of glass to lighten the look e.g. glass panel/door for kitchen entrance, top cabinet doors are all frosted glass and the backsplash is also frosted/white glass.

Changing the colour of the bottom cabinets as the grey turns out quite dull.

3D-Kitchen1.jpg

3D-Kitchen2.jpg

Actually you can consider to do a full-height cabinet for maximum storage? But then you will have less worktop compared to top-bottom cabinet.

More pics of work-in-progress...

The original wall tiles of kitchen have been covered up with plastering... not doing new wall tiles for kitchen as it costs much much more expensive. The pipes at the corner will eventually be boxed up.

n676104401_1051106_4187.jpg

n676104401_1051105_3875.jpg

The new kitchen floor tiles. Choosen a brownish heavy duty homogenous tiles for my kitchen. Adding a bit of rustic feel to the kitchen...

Kitchentiles.jpg

Common toilet wall and floor tiles all done up! Like the glossy reflective surface of the wall tiles... :)

n676104401_1051110_5366.jpg

The edges of the common toilet entrance were being patched up nicely.

n676104401_1051108_4730.jpg

Master toilet! Two rows of glass mosaics at the vanity corner... a mirror will be place in the centre with light coming out from both sides of the mirror.

n676104401_1051148_5345.jpg

Entrance of Master Toilet also patched up nicely... 3rd row of glass mosaic at the WC position.

n676104401_1051107_4421.jpg

That is my tiny-WIW... only 4.5ft x 2... dunno how to squeeze in all our stuff... :dunno:

Picture158.jpg

L-box at MBR still not done yet... electrician forgot to do wiring for this room... coming down to fix it by this week..

Picture122.jpg

L-box of study is completed

n676104401_1051111_5691.jpg

You are one of the lucky ones!! :dribble:

I am squeezing in two rows of top & bottom cabinets to maximise storage space. However, scared that the place will look cluttered so use a lot of glass to lighten the look e.g. glass panel/door for kitchen entrance, top cabinet doors are all frosted glass and the backsplash is also frosted/white glass.

Changing the colour of the bottom cabinets as the grey turns out quite dull.

3D-Kitchen1.jpg

3D-Kitchen2.jpg

Actually you can consider to do a full-height cabinet for maximum storage? But then you will have less worktop compared to top-bottom cabinet.

Hey thanks. Looks good the kitchen. Frustrated wih the size though. In '04 we did an open concept kitchen with bar top. Not smart given the nature of Asian cooking + 2 hyper kids. Closed up kitchen this Mar. Hall now not so bright. Thinking of buying bigger flat but canned the idea. Ridiculous prices and more importantly the loc at St 32 is fantastic. I think of it as semi private - only 4 blocks at our plac :notti:

Hey thanks. Looks good the kitchen. Frustrated wih the size though. In '04 we did an open concept kitchen with bar top. Not smart given the nature of Asian cooking + 2 hyper kids. Closed up kitchen this Mar. Hall now not so bright. Thinking of buying bigger flat but canned the idea. Ridiculous prices and more importantly the loc at St 32 is fantastic. I think of it as semi private - only 4 blocks at our plac :notti:

Yeah, like the place very much as well. Walkable distance to MRT and in close proximity to all the amenities.

Initially considered open concept kitchen too but scared of the spread of smoke and smell. With kids around, I guess your main consideration will be safety and durability.

Dining Light

24062008.jpg

Hanging light for our MBR seatee

24062008002.jpg

Ceiling Light for Kitchen

24062008004.jpg

Ceiling Light for Guest Room

24062008003.jpg

"Menthol" light for our toilets

24062008001.jpg

Edited by LittleDevil

Your bathroom lights are the same as ours. Get the bigger one, its much brighter :)

Some of your other lights are similiar to the ones we got also... How about a breakdown in the prices? I got mine from Chelsea Lighting.

This weekend our ID brought us to Goodrich to choose wallpaper for our bedroom TV feature wall. There are so many choices over there. Finally we managed to find this...

Picture172.jpg

BigAngel found a wallpaper to his liking... :dribble: one with a stone texture... but no more budget liao... so next time lar...

Picture173.jpg

Edited by LittleDevil

Your bathroom lights are the same as ours. Get the bigger one, its much brighter :)

Some of your other lights are similiar to the ones we got also... How about a breakdown in the prices? I got mine from Chelsea Lighting.

It's inconvenient for us to disclose the individual prices as it's our friend shop. :D

The shop gives us the electronic ballast for the kitchen and guest room ceiling light which is supposed to generate less heat and more energy saving.

Last evening, after spending a couple of hours on our sofa-hunt, we decided to drop by Centrepoint Robinson to start looking around for our mattress as well.

After reading so much about the art and science of mattress selection, I would have thought that we would make the purchase in a very systematic and analytical way which will probably take at least a couple of weekends and probably a few white hairs to accomplish the mission.

Prior research in this forum helps to narrows down the brands to the 3S since they are the most highly recommended by many forumers. Personally, I favour Simmons among the three brands.

Surprisingly, we threw all the technicality of mattress out of the window when we are at the store. We simply rely on our body to tell us which mattress they felt most at rest... We lied on each of the mattress (which are within our budget), flip and toss about, feeling the support offered by each of them. Since both of us like firm mattress, our choice became quite clear after several tries.

The bad thing with this "go with your feel" kind of purchase is we don't really know the market price. After all the complex discounts and rebates, the queen size Simmon BackCare 3 costs $2828. It comes with FOC mattress protector and 2 pillows. Can someone comment if the price is reasonable?

Last evening, after spending a couple of hours on our sofa-hunt, we decided to drop by Centrepoint Robinson to start looking around for our mattress as well.

After reading so much about the art and science of mattress selection, I would have thought that we would make the purchase in a very systematic and analytical way which will probably take at least a couple of weekends and probably a few white hairs to accomplish the mission.

Prior research in this forum helps to narrows down the brands to the 3S since they are the most highly recommended by many forumers. Personally, I favour Simmons among the three brands.

Surprisingly, we threw all the technicality of mattress out of the window when we are at the store. We simply rely on our body to tell us which mattress they felt most at rest... We lied on each of the mattress (which are within our budget), flip and toss about, feeling the support offered by each of them. Since both of us like firm mattress, our choice became quite clear after several tries.

The bad thing with this "go with your feel" kind of purchase is we don't really know the market price. After all the complex discounts and rebates, the queen size Simmon BackCare 3 costs $2828. It comes with FOC mattress protector and 2 pillows. Can someone comment if the price is reasonable?

We just bought a Sealey posturepedic - Appollo at Harvey Norman (millenia) GSS abt 2-wks ago. 11 inches thick. $1760 or something sike that. Free mattress protector + squeeze 4 pillows.

was considering backcare 3 or 4 also last time..y din u squeeze for 4 pillows?

I finally bought Serta Seirra hill exclusive for taka only..firmness same as backcare 4 also..

bought ard 3500 queen matt + frame n divan + 1 matt proctector + 4 pillows n 2 sheeps...

now the prices are starting to increase also...

by the way care to send my ur quotation? i bought a 5rm in amk also..

still considering who to b the ID..