Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
veron_32

Furniture Club @ Furniture Mall

1st of all, my disclaimer is that all my additional T&C are very much reasonable bcos like I told the sales chap who sold us the sofa, at the end of the day, we just want wat we ordered to be delivered to us timely in good reasonable condition. We (consumers) are not out to draw blood just bcos we are the 'paymaster'. Infact, we are generally almost always the victim !! My T&C includes the following (not in the exact words used here but something to that effect);

1) All KG sofa comes with a certificate which will indicate wat type of leather is used on 'your' sofa + all the necessary warranty, you will have to request from FC.

2) The condition of all goods delivered must meet the reasonable expectation of the buyer, else we reserved the rights to reject the said goods, cancel the order and have our deposit refunded

3) We reserve the rights to cancel our orders and have our deposit refunded should the delivery of our ordered goods are delayed for more than 2weeks from the stipulated delivery date.

Think there 1 or 2 more but I cant remember off-hand. Importantly, I think the 2 biggest grouses are 1) delayed delivery date, and 2) conditions of goods when delivered. However, I must admit that even with these additional T&C, the entire purchase process may still not be fool-proofed, but it does act as an ammo (of sorts) should things turned otherwise :rolleyes:

Well, KG sofa needs abt 02 mths of lead time before delivery, I will try to update (if i can still remember by then :P ) this thread when the time comes ;)

I guess i owe an update to this thread and here it goes....albeit a minor one. My reno cant be done on time and my initial moving in date have shifted from tmr (09/09) to this Sunday (13/09) :bangwall: . To be on the safe side, I have also pushed back my sofa delivery from tmr to next Monday (14/09). I have checked with FC and according to them, my sofa is sitting in their warehouse. I know they can play bluff but I dont see any reason for them to. I'm just hoping for the best and see how and wats the condition of my sofa come Monday. I will do an update again after the delivery is made :sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey everyone,

bewarned!! I am newbie in this as its my first furniture purchase. I would advice against going to species home furnishing.Their sales staff are very pushy and rude. The one who serviced me is candice aw(欧思伶).She is very persuasive and experienced talker. At first, i'm won over by their furniture design and her glib talking. I placed a deposit and later found that its too late for regrets.

Those sales person from species like to talk bad about their competitors,from what i observed. After talking bad about their competitors,they will promote their own furnitures. this is when they will try to win you over by their sweet talk. They will say that now the furniture is on promotion for a limited period only, if you don't buy now you may miss it. They are good at playing psychology, don't trust them, its just their sales tactic. Then they will ask you to put a deposit. If you change your mind later, they can still keep your deposit.

Their warranty terms are the worse among all the other competitors.I asked what if the leather has manufacturer defect on it? Candice aw(欧思伶) replied that there's no warranty on the leather. She said that if i fail to detect any defects upon delivery,than its not their problem already.Their warranty on mechanism is only one year as compared to two/three years(their competitors).

What made me mad is that when i told her this is the hardest decision in my life to make(jesting only), their sales person replied me:"you're the type of buyer that i never ever came across too". When i'm pondering whether to buy the sofa,another sales staff can ask me stupid question like why am i looking at the furniture.

Takecare.

Edited by relaxman

ok....i'm back to update with pics to share :D

All I can say is i'm generally a more than satisfied customer of FC......yet again (back from 6yrs back)

To be frank, i'm pretty worried about the status & condition of my sofa till yesterday as this sofa set really cost me an arm and leg (tats base on my meagre income hor...I noe some of u guys have no qualms abt spending a few big Ks on such stuffz :rolleyes: ) . Funny thing is that though my sofa was delivered yesterday, I have yet to see its full glory as its still more or less wrapped in its plastic sheet as my house is still under reno :bangwall: But i have opened up the plastic sheets here and there to get some flavor and till now, i luv wat i saw :P

Delivery was on time....infact, earlier than agreed timing, which was ok as I was on leave yest ;) Ok, pics are definitely betta than words..

Delivery guys

2968742690103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

Stainless Steel Legs

2953771360103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

Sofa in turtled position....waiting for SS legs to be mounted

2308957260103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

Underbelly closeup with mounting joints

2345072380103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

SS legs mounted

2488825590103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

Peek-a-boo.....Stichings...1 main part of the equation tat really won me and my wife over :P

2994722140103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

The full sofa set in its semi-glory....will post more pics after the completion of my reno wen I can really take out all the plastic sheets i.e. :(

2026204360103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

Last but not the least, the coffee table we managed to haggle for free from FC :P just a simple tinted glass cladded table with Blum on all its 3 drawers :P

2451770230103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

Edited by het

Hey everyone,

bewarned!! I am newbie in this as its my first furniture purchase. I would advice against going to species home furnishing.Their sales staff are very pushy and rude. The one who serviced me is candice aw(欧思伶).She is very persuasive and experienced talker. At first, i'm won over by their furniture design and her glib talking. I placed a deposit and later found that its too late for regrets.

Those sales person from species like to talk bad about their competitors,from what i observed. After talking bad about their competitors,they will promote their own furnitures. this is when they will try to win you over by their sweet talk. They will say that now the furniture is on promotion for a limited period only, if you don't buy now you may miss it. They are good at playing psychology, don't trust them, its just their sales tactic. Then they will ask you to put a deposit. If you change your mind later, they can still keep your deposit.

Their warranty terms are the worse among all the other competitors.I asked what if the leather has manufacturer defect on it? Candice aw(欧思伶) replied that there's no warranty on the leather. She said that if i fail to detect any defects upon delivery,than its not their problem already.Their warranty on mechanism is only one year as compared to two/three years(their competitors).

What made me mad is that when i told her this is the hardest decision in my life to make(jesting only), their sales person replied me:"you're the type of buyer that i never ever came across too". When i'm pondering whether to buy the sofa,another sales staff can ask me stupid question like why am i looking at the furniture.

Takecare.

Bro, why you talking about Species on the furniture club thread?

Ok, decided to peel off 1 portion of the plastic sheets to enjoy the butt feel + the fresh leather smell :P Heres some pics

2245807040103518664S425x425Q85.jpg2776250200103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

2155500000103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

2886367680103518664S425x425Q85.jpg2485897350103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

wah looks very comfy.. I can almost smell the leather from here! hahha

also bought a dining table and 4 chairs from them, but not delivering so soon. hope all goes well.

wah looks very comfy.. I can almost smell the leather from here! hahha

also bought a dining table and 4 chairs from them, but not delivering so soon. hope all goes well.

Tks tks :P

From your purchase list, we have quite something in common as well :)

My mattress and divan oso from Englander

My dining table + chairs from Hommage

All my lights are from Lightings.com.sg

My TV oso from LG

:P:P:P

Edited by het

Tks tks :P

From your purchase list, we have quite something in common as well :)

My mattress and divan oso from Englander

My dining table + chairs from Hommage

All my lights are from Lightings.com.sg

My TV oso from LG

:P:P:P

hahah that means we has same taste or did the same amount of research I guess... :) later our place turn out looking the same. ha!

Ok, as promised, the full glory of my sofa set (reno not exactly done but its like 95% completed) :D

Headrest for the rest of the seaters can be tilted up like the 1 in the center :D

Oh..... did I mentioned a throw pillow of similiar leather to my sofa set and bearing the brand was well, 'thrown-in' ?? Not part of the deal but definitely a sweetener !! We did try to ask for 2 such pillow to be thrown in FOC prior but was rejected due to the high cost of it. Sales guy did offer other design of diff leather w/o the branding but we rejected it as well. Oh well....everything turns out well I guess, even though its only 1 but definitely unexpected (not forgettin we 've already gotten a coffee table retailing at about $7++ FOC) :P

Some details my sofa set which I failed to post earlier :P

Brand : Kelvin Giormani

Model : M0066 Emilia II

Leather Specs

Orvieto (B) (KG have 6 different grades of leather with (F) being their best...bout 50% additional diff in price as compared to mine :o )

Raw Material: South America

Production: Italy

Thickness: 1.3/1.5 mm

Embossing: Dollar (wateva tat means :unsure: )

2544374280103518664S425x425Q85.jpg2204875140103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

Edited by het

my recent experience with FC IMM is really bad....... they used 'technical terms' on the colour to give me a different colour and different leather grade... verbally even re-confirm with the sales on the colour with the display set and yet this could happen

haiz... will call HQ to see how they handle the case

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34581

Hi.. i always take photos on any of e items watever i place a deposit... n double -confirm e items n models, colour n etc many times with e seller..

N i will tell them firmly if anything tat is not wat i had seen on wat exactly wat i wanted.. i will not accept e goods even though u they have deliver to my hse... i definitely will scream n yell at them.. they think we are too free to handle such a stupid mistake cause by them....!! think of it makes buyers BLOOD BOIL...

Hope every1 buiyng things to be more cautious n details checking.. take time to verify with e seller n their attitude plays apart...

ok one postive experience after all...I noticed 2 other threads on this company...looks like enough suckas out there IMHO

Hi.. i always take photos on any of e items watever i place a deposit... n double -confirm e items n models, colour n etc many times with e seller..

N i will tell them firmly if anything tat is not wat i had seen on wat exactly wat i wanted.. i will not accept e goods even though u they have deliver to my hse... i definitely will scream n yell at them.. they think we are too free to handle such a stupid mistake cause by them....!! think of it makes buyers BLOOD BOIL...

Hope every1 buiyng things to be more cautious n details checking.. take time to verify with e seller n their attitude plays apart...

that's a good idea actually...takign peectures and all...also do remember to keep the doposit amt as lil as possible to minimize pain , there is no such thign as standard.....all contracts are negotiable. No budge can don't buy :o

Ok, as promised, the full glory of my sofa set (reno not exactly done but its like 95% completed) :D

Headrest for the rest of the seaters can be tilted up like the 1 in the center :D

Oh..... did I mentioned a throw pillow of similiar leather to my sofa set and bearing the brand was well, 'thrown-in' ?? Not part of the deal but definitely a sweetener !! We did try to ask for 2 such pillow to be thrown in FOC prior but was rejected due to the high cost of it. Sales guy did offer other design of diff leather w/o the branding but we rejected it as well. Oh well....everything turns out well I guess, even though its only 1 but definitely unexpected (not forgettin we 've already gotten a coffee table retailing at about $7++ FOC) :P

Some details my sofa set which I failed to post earlier :P

Brand : Kelvin Giormani

Model : M0066 Emilia II

Leather Specs

Orvieto (B) (KG have 6 different grades of leather with (F) being their best...bout 50% additional diff in price as compared to mine :o )

Raw Material: South America

Production: Italy

Thickness: 1.3/1.5 mm

Embossing: Dollar (wateva tat means :unsure: )

2544374280103518664S425x425Q85.jpg2204875140103518664S425x425Q85.jpg

Hi Het,

Aren't KG sofas desgined by some Hong Kong designer?