Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xaleysan

Double Glazed Windows

Hi,

I live beside the expressway and the traffic noise can get rather loud.

Want to know whether anyone has tried double glazed windows and whether they work?

TIA

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So far I never experience double glazed windows for home use. But my office use that kind of window to reduce airplanes noise since we have them flying over the building regularly. It does certainly reduce the noise!

So far I never experience double glazed windows for home use. But my office use that kind of window to reduce airplanes noise since we have them flying over the building regularly. It does certainly reduce the noise!

thanks for the reply!

i guess it's because they are costly, so households here don't resort to these type of windows?

Can i know how effective they are? As in, the noise was initially very loud (like over your head) and now you can still here it, but softly? Or you cannot hear it anymore? I'm sorry if my question sounds stupid. I cannot imagine how much noise is reduced. My flat is facing the expressway I wonder if all the noise will be blocked out.

Thanks in advance!

:yamseng:

i also face the same problem. Yes the glass is very effective in reducing the noise significantly. Many commercial buildings use it. But they are costly. Now i am trying to find thick curtains to block it away, cheaper option.

I have them just for the bedroom. Not only do they block out noise, they also insulate the room, lowering energy costs for cooling. : )

They were a few hundred dollars more, I think, but the quiet in the room is really worth it and they do not trap dust like thick curtains do.

Hi ryan, how much u paid? What is your measurement? I was told that for a 3 room flat, it will cost thousand over. A 3 room flat's window is not big.