Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Nintendo Wii

Anyone knows if can get a better deal for the Nintendo Wii?

Best Denki is retailing 659 I think .. but only got 1 controller..

Thinking of getting for the wife.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nintendo Wii Package Nintendo Wii System (US)(FREE Wii Sports Game,Rubber Plugs,USB Fan,Remote Controller silicon case,Nunchuk silicon case,Hand Strip,Cover Board,Cleaning Cloth & Memory Card 8MB)(Local Warranty by Maxsoft)

Since you moderator, I hope you don't think of this as advertising. hehe

I can't remember the guy's name, but good service. I got my PSP & DS from them.

http://www.funzsquare.com/index.php?productID=2143

LOL.. maybe another moderator can moderate this thread..

Any difference on US set or Local Set?

Only thing is not alot of games. Wife will want to get the balance board also.. Personally I think Xbox360 got alot more games and Graphics much better..

PS3 got blueray support..

Sigh..

LOL.. maybe another moderator can moderate this thread..

Any difference on US set or Local Set?

Only thing is not alot of games. Wife will want to get the balance board also.. Personally I think Xbox360 got alot more games and Graphics much better..

PS3 got blueray support..

Sigh..

Wii is a 'party console'. the game library more meant for kids or when u have a lot of ppl playing together. its graphics is the 'worst' and around the same level as a ps2 console.

xbox360 has the best library IMO and the online experience is definitely the best (but need to pay subscription). games are also easier to get and cheaper than ps3 games. HD-DVD support was a plus point but bluray has won the format wars. however, do be aware of the famous RROD problem. 3yrs warranty for that tho so no complaints. :P

ps3 has 'superior' graphics but not many game developers utilizing it fully especially when the games are developed to be multi-platform. games are expensive but some highly anticipated exclusive games release to come in the future. easiest the cheapest and best bluray player out in the market. Online gaming is still very low on standard but no subscriptions

My advice,

Wii: If you have a few kids or always have a lot of visitors, Wii will be good and fun. It's more of a 'family' console for very very casual gamers

PS3: If you intend/want to watch bluray. Or if you are crazy about games like MGS4 or final fantasy or other ps3 exclusives.

Xbox360: if you don't fall into any of the above 'categories' i suggest xbox360. :)

I'm not too sure about the difference between local/US set for Wii.

For now, total sales figures since launch is highest for Wii (45%), followed by Xbox360 (32%), then PS3 (22%). xbox is actually on the low since it was out a year earlier than the other 2.

But when it comes to deciding the right console for YOURSELF :D, it largely depends on what games you intend to play. Wii has several cutesy games, I was quite drawn to it when I had the chance to play at some chalet. But I'm still more into the indepth RPG games, so I would still get a PS3.

Why not Xbox360? I need my dose of Final Fantasy, I had an xbox, and I missed FF10,11,12. :D

Wii is a 'party console'. the game library more meant for kids or when u have a lot of ppl playing together. its graphics is the 'worst' and around the same level as a ps2 console.

xbox360 has the best library IMO and the online experience is definitely the best (but need to pay subscription). games are also easier to get and cheaper than ps3 games. HD-DVD support was a plus point but bluray has won the format wars. however, do be aware of the famous RROD problem. 3yrs warranty for that tho so no complaints. :P

ps3 has 'superior' graphics but not many game developers utilizing it fully especially when the games are developed to be multi-platform. games are expensive but some highly anticipated exclusive games release to come in the future. easiest the cheapest and best bluray player out in the market. Online gaming is still very low on standard but no subscriptions

My advice,

Wii: If you have a few kids or always have a lot of visitors, Wii will be good and fun. It's more of a 'family' console for very very casual gamers

PS3: If you intend/want to watch bluray. Or if you are crazy about games like MGS4 or final fantasy or other ps3 exclusives.

Xbox360: if you don't fall into any of the above 'categories' i suggest xbox360. :)

Wow, very good analysis of the 3 consoles. I was secretly planning to get a Wii and you jolted me up. hahha. I probably enjoyed it because there were 4 of us playing back then at the party like you said. At home, I would probably be playing solitude games like stragetic/RPG.

qisahn seems cheaper than funzsquare! :D

Wii has region lock that restricts the sets to play only games from their region. US set can play only US games while JP sets can only play JP games. Which area you stay in Phantom? I try to recall whether is there any reputable neighbourhood shops. :yamseng:

Opps forgot can see your t-blog. Since you live in Simei you can try playboxx at tampines. They have a webbie you can go have a look or give them a call to ask the pricing.

Playboxx

Edited by jackng1982

My advice,

Very good analysis.

Thats the thing... i hardly play games and am very afraid of getting hooked. lol.. so will prolly play PC games..

We do think that we might open our house more to friends to come by so the Wii will be a good ice breaker.. lol.. and mainly its for the wife.. so thats why i'm leaning to the Wii..

if i get my choice i take the xbox 360.. waiting for star wars unleashed.. lol..

Wii has region lock that restricts the sets to play only games from their region. US set can play only US games while JP sets can only play JP games. Which area you stay in Phantom? I try to recall whether is there any reputable neighbourhood shops. :yamseng:

Opps forgot can see your t-blog. Since you live in Simei you can try playboxx at tampines. They have a webbie you can go have a look or give them a call to ask the pricing.

Playboxx

thanks! i'm also wondering 1 nunchuk control how much.. lol

I'm also thinking of getting a Wii if i have leftover budget from my furnishing funds but i'm torn between PS3 and Wii. The graphics on PS3 really blew me away and being region-free is a big big plus point. Wii on the other hand is a great console for the family and can seems a good way for the usual couch potato to keep fit( i hope). But the bad thing is the region-lock rule :furious: Maybe get both? :bangwall: I keep trying to deceive myself to think that PS3 can save costs to buy a blu-ray player anyway hahaha.... :disturb:

I'm also thinking of getting a Wii if i have leftover budget from my furnishing funds but i'm torn between PS3 and Wii. The graphics on PS3 really blew me away and being region-free is a big big plus point. Wii on the other hand is a great console for the family and can seems a good way for the usual couch potato to keep fit( i hope). But the bad thing is the region-lock rule :furious: Maybe get both? :bangwall: I keep trying to deceive myself to think that PS3 can save costs to buy a blu-ray player anyway hahaha.... :disturb:

same conundrum that i'm facing.

on a side note, wii can make 'region free' if u get my drift

I think so.. lol..

by the way, i only need a couple of wii games.. mainly the sports and the get fit one.. lol..

Ohoh Wii can "ahem" already ah? Guess i lost touch with TV game consoles... :unsure: Chances is i'll still get both though lol. PS3 default as blu-ray player and the cheapest one around :X This way the reasoning more valid hahaha....

Ohoh Wii can "ahem" already ah? Guess i lost touch with TV game consoles... :unsure: Chances is i'll still get both though lol. PS3 default as blu-ray player and the cheapest one around :X This way the reasoning more valid hahaha....

wife say no need Blueray. DBD good enuff.. *sniff sniff*

say that her Wii is more impt. can play game and exercise at the same time.. :dunno: