Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilmare612

False Ceiling Or L-box

Hi, I still having a tug-of-war between the false ceiling and L-box at the Living/Dining area.

Any advice from forummers and care to share some comments? How do I know which to choose. Sigh...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

L-box generally cost more? L-box is normally 12 or 18 inches broad so see if that suits your layout. L-box still retains the expansive ceiling look while false ceiling will simply lower the feeling of the ceiling height. Both can be customised with designs/lighting effects. Idea is to get the effect and design rightly compatible in your house.

I prefer a mix of both, false ceiling in general but L-Box for sofa and bed areas :) good luck with the renovation.

i thought false ceiling will cost more then L-box

not really. For mine case, it's the opposite.

It also depends how bright or what is the mood u want that place to be. U want cozy cozy, then false ceiling with downlight is more suitable. If u want bright to read papers, then L-box is more suited.

L-box generally cost more? L-box is normally 12 or 18 inches broad so see if that suits your layout. L-box still retains the expansive ceiling look while false ceiling will simply lower the feeling of the ceiling height. Both can be customised with designs/lighting effects. Idea is to get the effect and design rightly compatible in your house.

I prefer a mix of both, false ceiling in general but L-Box for sofa and bed areas :) good luck with the renovation.

Thanks for your advice :) But I do have a very small area. My living & dining area is one small stretch which may not be able to have that mixture. Sigh...Likely will consider L-Box as I agree that false ceiling makes the house feels 'lower'.

not really. For mine case, it's the opposite.

It also depends how bright or what is the mood u want that place to be. U want cozy cozy, then false ceiling with downlight is more suitable. If u want bright to read papers, then L-box is more suited.

Yeah...for my case, the false ceiling is more expensive then the L Box but not significantly much.