Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dazzle08

Shortlisted Ids - Tough Call

Hi guys

Need some advice and opinion. It is tough call to make as i'm in the process of finalised the ID for my reno.

Have visited 9 IDs over the past 4 weeks and 7 of them have get back to me with quote and idea.

Out of 7 , 3 IDs has been calling me over the past 2 weeks await my decision and persuade me to sign up. These few IDs are quite prompt , friendly and sincere i would said but i can only award it to one of them.

1) ID A ( Cheapest of the 7 IDs) - walk in, no recommendation

*** no complaint about him except that this revo firm always put ad in the ST classified section..

Have found that this firm got a 6 demerit pts by HDB

2) ID B (Consider expensive of the 7 IDs) - walk in , no recommendation

** During the 2nd appt , ask the ID for 10% discount but he said it is impossible but he will try to take off

some items so as to meet our budget. Called me few days ago after i never response and he is willing

to give discount and also to explain to me why his quote is more expensive.

3) ID C (Mid range of the 7 IDs) - recommended by wife's colleague

** need more time to renovation instead of 5-6 weeks promised by other 2 IDs

Appreciate for some advice. thanks

:help:

Edited by Dazzle08

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For me and LittelDevil, we did our choice of selection using point system. You have shortlisted down to 3 right?

Wife and Husband each award points to the 3 IDs. 3 being the first choice and 1 for the last choice. Add up the points from both of you, and you get your ID =)

P/S: Don't rush into making a decision on the ID yet. In my opinion, be frank and tell them that they are the shortlisted 3 and ask them what can they offer better than the other 2 ID firms. There're tons of ID waiting to do your business also.

Importantly also both of you must feel comfortable with the ID, as he will be working with you for the next 3-4 months.

In your case, I will choose betwen ID2 and ID3 though.

Edited by BigAngel

Hello :)

Thank for the advice. Wonder how to break the bad new to the IDs especially those good one.

Probably will wait for them to call or through sms but not very polite.

How about those IDs from IMM ? are they consider 1-2 man operation. Sometime only see one person manning the office

my advice, never go for those small scale shops with 1 or 2 men operation. I had a bad experience with those.

I beg to differ. Although small scale shops tend to have a higher possibility to "run off".. My ID/contractor is a small scale operation.. and have been ok..

I beg to differ. Although small scale shops tend to have a higher possibility to "run off".. My ID/contractor is a small scale operation.. and have been ok..

for my case, I only found out too late that the shop which I dealed with doesn't have enough resources as compared to larger ones. They only have so little contacts of sub-cons. And being small timer, that lousy shop couldn't control his sub-con. And yes, without big reputation to care about, they can actually hack care in their job. And from 2 small timer quotes that I've got, they seems to charge higher due to no economy of scale. That's my own experience.

At the end of the day, it's still a "Luck" thingy. Some pple had trouble with reputable ones, while others are happy with small timers.

At the end of the day, it's still a "Luck" thingy. Some pple had trouble with reputable ones, while others are happy with small timers.

That i believe.. with regards to cost, mine was quite reasonable.. actually one of the cheapest among my search.. lol...

Luck I guess..

Yeah, agreed.

Me too and happy especially after sales services.

Called my id a few times and he come and fix foc!

His plumber coming to check my wc bowl, also foc after my reno.

Yeah, agreed.

Me too and happy especially after sales services.

Called my id a few times and he come and fix foc!

His plumber coming to check my wc bowl, also foc after my reno.

Of coz free of charge . Warranty is cover for 1-2 years.

I think it really depend on toc rather than assuming waranty is cover for 1 - 2 yrs.

Of coz free of charge . Warranty is cover for 1-2 years.

I think it really depend on toc rather than assuming waranty is cover for 1 - 2 yrs.

Yes, believe after completion of renovation, the ID will pass you a letter about the warranty

Anyway, all firm give warranty according to HDB rule which is 2 years but some only give 1 year upon completion

Yeah...some of them even never turn up or dont bother to attend at all.

Yes, believe after completion of renovation, the ID will pass you a letter about the warranty

Anyway, all firm give warranty according to HDB rule which is 2 years but some only give 1 year upon completion

is there really such a "rule" by HDB??

Hello :)

Thank for the advice. Wonder how to break the bad new to the IDs especially those good one.

Probably will wait for them to call or through sms but not very polite.

We actually sms them to inform them except the two other final shortlisted IDs whom we called them. Just be really polite and sincerely thank them for their time and effort.