Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stan41

I***l H***e Renovation

Hi people,

I need some advise here..

My living rm is doing false ceiling with cove light.

the worker manage to pull all the wire into the conceal ceiling.

the problem is..all the light wire is pull together with the TV and telephone wire into the the conceal ceiling.

According to my electrician who is my In law,the wire should have casing to separate the light wire from the TV and telephone wire.if not,whenever the TV is on,and when you switch on any lights,it will cause the TV screen to flick.And he also infrom me that light wire is pretty hot compare to the TV aand telephone wire,thus the separation is necessary.

When I contacted my ID,he told me that it is not a must to have casing in the conceal ceiling to separate the wire as he says all the wire is loose and not compact together like in a casing..

Any1 who has false ceiling done,kindly advise me?

livingrmWiring.jpg

lights,TV,telephone wire all pulled into the false ceiling..

Falseceiling2-1-1.jpg

see the grey color false ceiling?thats where all the wire are conceal without any casing inside.

We dug a hole to inspect it.

The Id told me that he will not touch any wire as we did not engage any electrician from him.now he touch the wire!

Any experience ppl for advise?Tx..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

stan41, it is better to run trunking for all electrical wiring, but if u are not so particular abt those above the false ceiling or hidden wire den leave it as it is lor. For me i will request electrician to lay trunking properly and seperate coaxial cable away from AC cable. My company practices neat cabling thus i also inherent the trade :P in case of troubleshooting and changing of wire much easier as compare to a bunch of mess up cable.

edit : i'm not from renovation or electrical company. I'm working in Singapore Epson maintenance dept. Thus have certain level of electrical works knowledge. For HDB wiring works i'm not qualify as i do not have a hdb/pub license. Sorry for causing some confusion.

Edited by tckrto

headache headache...

note the pic I`ve taken.

All the wire was done by my in law..BUT the pic below show the wire being taken out of the casing by the renovation company workers!

Now in law not happy the wire taken out without consent...stuck in the middle now!

Wife also sharing the headache with me...haiz.

Covelightfacingwindow.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

covelightwire.jpg

wiringatcove2.jpg

Checked the covelight wire.one section one set of wire.

I called up my Id and ask him a favour.we will cut open the false ceiling to sort out all the wiring and fit the wire with casing.

Then he will ask the worker to patch it back..

Edited by stan41

another simple and cheap solution is use flexible contube like dat at least the wires are protected. Hopes it helps :)

Hi,

continue headache,

have spoken to my ID,althought he agree to patch back watever I cut on the false ceiling,I still feel unsafe about the light wire and TV wire and Phone line wire running along side with my downlight ballast without any casing inside the false ceiling.

Any kind soul can help me out?any other option?

Edited by stan41

Hi,

Juz in case you guys/gals do not understand what my problem is..

may be tis pic will help..

note all the wire inside the false ceiling?all of the wire will be along the same section with my plc light that has ballast with it..

ballast is very hot,will it burn the wire in long run?

isn`t it better to have casing to protect and differencial light wire from the TV and telephone line?

Innercable.jpg

Hi,

Juz in case you guys/gals do not understand what my problem is..

may be tis pic will help..

note all the wire inside the false ceiling?all of the wire will be along the same section with my plc light that has ballast with it..

ballast is very hot,will it burn the wire in long run?

isn`t it better to have casing to protect and differencial light wire from the TV and telephone line?

Innercable.jpg

Wah....this is no good.The TV and phone wire shouldnt lump together with the electrical wires. Should box up the electrcal wires in a trunking/conduit and fix to the side wall if they are in the way of lighting points. Your electrician shud know better, why he do the easy way out?

Wah....this is no good.The TV and phone wire shouldnt lump together with the electrical wires. Should box up the electrcal wires in a trunking/conduit and fix to the side wall if they are in the way of lighting points. Your electrician shud know better, why he do the easy way out?

It was not done by the electrician..

it was done by the contractor worker who is doing the false ceiling..

my electrician was pissed off!the contractor had pull the wire into the false ceiling without asking me!

the ID had said to me that he will not touch the electrical as we did not engage him to do it for us,so i had to find the electrician myself..

now the electrician do not wanna touch that section as he says its not his job to pull it out and redo the trunking again...

It was not done by the electrician..

it was done by the contractor worker who is doing the false ceiling..

my electrician was pissed off!the contractor had pull the wire into the false ceiling without asking me!

the ID had said to me that he will not touch the electrical as we did not engage him to do it for us,so i had to find the electrician myself..

now the electrician do not wanna touch that section as he says its not his job to pull it out and redo the trunking again...

Feel so sorry for you. Most contractors are like that,if you dont want to engage their electrician.Maybe you should get your electrician and contractor together to work out a solution.Surely something can be work out. Nobody wants to do a renovation with potential danger waiting to happen.

Hope things work out for you and good luck.

roomtiles.jpg

Our room floor tiles.In Grey colour.

balcony.jpg

our floor tiles at balcony.the dark brown granite was exactly like my living room floor!frm India.

we like our granite ,thus did not hack it.

MBRTiles.jpg

our MBR floor and wall tiles.Only our pedestal and basin is in white.(show when done).

IMG_0916.jpg

Our kitchen wall and floor tiles.

arrivaloftiles.jpg

arrival of all our tiles..btw,all the tiles are from Soon Bee Huat at Jurong.We choose most of the tiles without any real help frm the `ID`.we do not have any theme for our house,so the tiles choosen was base on wat we like instead of goin by any theme.hope it turns out nice..

Btw,thanks for all the spam!cheers

think we got the same wooden tile. but we chose it for our bathroom! :P

see here and here for how it looks like after laying

Hi all..

Juz an update on the progress..

still unable to solve the electrical wiring problem..

now my house is at the phrase of painting and fixing of lights.

I will only need to contact the reno company after the painting is done...

90% payment has been made and this is what happen...

more drama coming up soon...

tx for reading..

Edited by stan41

stan, The false ceiling is done by your id? If so can ask them to take the ceiling down first den ask your electrician to re-run the wire with contube or trunking? else ask your id to stop work, fork out some $ ask another group of contractors doing false ceiling wan to take down the false ceiling lor. meantime record all this incident down den engage a lawyer write a letter to demand compensation from your id.

stan, The false ceiling is done by your id? If so can ask them to take the ceiling down first den ask your electrician to re-run the wire with contube or trunking? else ask your id to stop work, fork out some $ ask another group of contractors doing false ceiling wan to take down the false ceiling lor. meantime record all this incident down den engage a lawyer write a letter to demand compensation from your id.

Mr k manage to call and help me solve my problem..but i still gotta stuck with my current ID..

Now I wish my reno can be over soon..my wife has been stress over this incident for the pass 2 days..

Pity her..anyway now that I`ve got Mr K assurance,I feel much relieved.

Now wait for my Id to recify it and he better get it right this time!

I agree, for mine, they use trunking to lay the wires at the roof before building the false ceilings, i even request them to seperate my speakers wire with the electrical wires to prevent noise.

Mr k manage to call and help me solve my problem..but i still gotta stuck with my current ID..

Now I wish my reno can be over soon..my wife has been stress over this incident for the pass 2 days..

Pity her..anyway now that I`ve got Mr K assurance,I feel much relieved.

Now wait for my Id to recify it and he better get it right this time!

i think i can drop this uncle ID from my list liao.