Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mr mio

Warranty Upon Completion.

Hi Guy,

Can anyone advise me how long is the warranty period commonly be given upon completion of the A and A work. Thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Guy,

Can anyone advise me how long is the warranty period commonly be given upon completion of the A and A work. Thanks in advance.

don't understand your question

what is A

what is A work?

mr mio,

you just finished A&A works? can give some feedback on your builder? I need to look for a builder also ..thanks :dancingqueen:

Hi Guy,

In another word, if one buy a brand new condo or private house, most likely how many year of warranty will he or she get from the developer?

In another word, if one buy a brand new condo or private house, most likely how many year of warranty will he or she get from the developer?

ranging from 1 - 2 years depending on your developer. need to find out the terms and conditions. but there's definitely a warranty from the developer for new condo. Most likely it'll be 1 year for structural issues such as leakage, electrical wiring fault, flooring etc... X years for the appliances (such as oven, cooker, aircon etc) - these are covered by the manufacturers.

hope this helps.

cheers.

Edited by Bachie

Thanks Bachie. actually my friend told me that I am entitled to have 5 years warranty. you think is it posible?

our contract didnt not mentioned above the warranty period and my contractor will only give me 1 year. I think ! yer is definately too short since we have spent over 200 k for it.

if your contract does not mentioned or state specifically, then i think you need to work out some arrangement with your contractor and if possible get it in writing. Are you holding any payment to the contract sum?

In my contract, it is stated as 1 year and during this period, i am withholding 5% of the contract sum to insure they are correcting defects. If i remember this correctly, water proofing is for 10 years, which is an exception.

One thing i am doing is to engage an independent inspector to go thru the whole house and mark out defects and also to submit a report for the contractor to correct before we more in. Hope this helps.

Thanks Bachie. actually my friend told me that I am entitled to have 5 years warranty. you think is it posible?

our contract didnt not mentioned above the warranty period and my contractor will only give me 1 year. I think ! yer is definately too short since we have spent over 200 k for it.