Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
redpanda

$57k For Reno On 5-rm Flat

Hi everybody.

I'm new to this forum. Can anyone tell me, my id quoted me about $57k for whole reno on my 5-rm flat, exccluding living rm and all rms flooring which is still quite ok. is it overpriced? Or the market rate is so? It includes hacking kitchen and 2 toilet floor and wall tiles, kitchen cabinet, carpentry work for wardrobe, tv console etc... i thought it's ex...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Depends on how much carpentary you require. That can be very ex. Generally the price guide for 5RM resale reno is approx 30K and broadly includes:

1. Hacking and retiling of living, dining and bedroom

2. Hacking & retiling of toilets, and kitchen inc walls

3. Basic carpentery for kitchen (20Ft laminated + solid surface worktop)

4. Painting

5. Installing of grilles

6. Haulage of debris

7. Chemical wash

Take your time and source carefully.

Just to advise that it tends to ADD UP as the renovation planning progresses so I suggest you keep the figure down as top priority.

Learn to lie in dark corners till the temptation of doing something that cost a lot of money yet just for the thrill of it goes away..

hi i do think 57k for a 5-room flat is way too ex, my friend just did her 4-rm flat for less than 30k i think, but not sure exactly how much, well my wife and i are looking for a good price too, but i really think the price quoted for you is too much perhaps you could skim through more contractors before making the decision.

Think it really depends on what work you are doing especially your carpentry. I am doing my 5 rooms flat for around 38k.

i did my new executive hdb for around 30K. so really depends on the design and what you want. mine was quite simply done up and i didn't do anything to 2 of my bedrooms.