Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
maxden

Health And Maintenance Related To Rubbish Chute Hopper

Tip 5

Is your hopper airtight?

How to test this? Simple, just look out for the day of fumigation/fogging. The notice normally will be post onto the notice board at the void deck area, ground floor.

When it is about time, just stand there and watch. You may need to take leave or off day as this normally carry out during weekday at office hours. Or you may have already tape up the hopper and prepare for it.

(standby insecticide or any broom if require)

Non-airtight hopper, you will see smoke penetrating through the gap between the door and frame, and cockroach will be squeezing through as well (it is life and death situation for them)

This is especially obvious for those staying at lower floor, and not so bad for those staying at higher floor.

As the pressure from the fogging is always highest at the lower floor and lowest at the higher floor.

hope this helps.

TGIF! :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Maxden,

Good posting. Learn a lot from yr post.

I will be moving to a lower flr 22yrs HDB. Would expect that there is a probability hopper problems. Need your advice on the following:

- What if I decide not to use the hopper to throw my rubbish, can I seal it up permanently? Probably thinking to use a external enclosed rubbish box.

- How can I seal the hopper?

- We are worried abt stench since we are going to live in lower floors, can you part tips on how we can improve and prevent the strench or whenever there is routine chute maintenance?

Thanks,

Red

Hi Maxden,

Good posting. Learn a lot from yr post.

I will be moving to a lower flr 22yrs HDB. Would expect that there is a probability hopper problems. Need your advice on the following:

- What if I decide not to use the hopper to throw my rubbish, can I seal it up permanently? Probably thinking to use a external enclosed rubbish box.

- How can I seal the hopper?

- We are worried abt stench since we are going to live in lower floors, can you part tips on how we can improve and prevent the strench or whenever there is routine chute maintenance?

Thanks,

Red

Hi Red,

thanks for the compliments, let us help with your queries.

- so far we have not heard anything that owner can't seal up a hopper permanently, just that you will need to walk out of your house to throw those rubbish.

- to seal the hopper in the most economical way, use masking tape around the perimeter of the hopper. This method is reversable should you decided to use it again and it would not cost very much.

- with the masking tape on, the stench can be eliminate almost entirely, so no worry about it.

hope this helps, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Cheers!

tot. govt shld do this ?

Our government is very supportive to all SME.

But some SME may need a 3rd party assistance/expertise for advice.

hope this clarifies.

Edited by maxden