Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
redknapp39

Recommendations For Electrical Shops

oh yah.. self collect too for bulky items such as fridge and washing machine?
Of course, the distro picks up from the manufacturer warehouse. Manufacturer do not deliver.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Of course, the distro picks up from the manufacturer warehouse. Manufacturer do not deliver.

actually staff price may not be lower than neighbourhood shops.. ok drop this idea :bath:

Edited by gnomish

One place NOT to go - Rina Electricals. I took half-day off today just to buy from their store because they had several brands under one roof. Unfortunately, they do not open past six. Even though I was not feeling well, I thought that I should clear this item off my list. I was prepared to fork out $2k for an induction hob and hood.

I was fairly sure about the model already, so I decided to ask questions, just to make sure about my purchase. After all, induction hobs are quite expensive and I had never used one before. The woman who approached me did not smile.

Woman: Are you looking for something?

Me: Yes, I'm looking for an induction hood. Hope to learn more about it.

Woman: (Looks up into the air) You hope to learn more about it ... (repeating each word I said)

Me: Yes, for example, the two rings. Can I only use similar sized pans on it?

Woman: No, the heat comes from the ring, but it will spread into the pan.

Me: I see, then how much difference does the wattage make to cooking speed?

Woman: That depends on how much food you have and what you are cooking.

Me: Say water?

Woman: Are you trying to do a survey or build a kitchen? *Annoyed tone*

Shocked by the final line, I uttered my thanks and walked out. I was amazed a place so expensive had such unprofessional staff. Maybe it was just her or maybe they are used to richer clients. There was one client who was buying a few hobs and a few hoods. So compared to him, I am but a small fry, not worth spending time on.

Anyway, was very unhappy with my experience.

Both Hong Liang and Goh Ah Bee service staff were down-to-earth and friendly when we visited. Prices would be reasonable so we would recommend them based on that :)

Hi,

Any recommendations where I can get good n cheap brand new electrical products? :yamseng:

you can also Mega Discount Store at United Sq or Katong Mall.

if you are buying few items together, go to this shop.

if u are going to United Sq branch, look for Joe. I bought many stuff from him and the prices are really good.

Starscream agree with you

But for Hong Liang, it depends on who serves you

i just found out yesterday that Hong Liang has 3 shops there

2 Hong Liang and 1 Maximum Credit

the uncle at Max Credit was very nice and helpful

always give advice on watever u buy

thumbs up to him (his name is Koh)

Starscream agree with you

But for Hong Liang, it depends on who serves you

i just found out yesterday that Hong Liang has 3 shops there

2 Hong Liang and 1 Maximum Credit

the uncle at Max Credit was very nice and helpful

always give advice on watever u buy

thumbs up to him (his name is Koh)

Mdm Seah @HongLiang also quite helpful.

how bout ard balestier area? anybody have any reliable shop to recommend?

thanks

balestier road, go to United Sq for Mega Discount Store

I would like to give feedback on my recent experience with Maximum Credit (the branch near Chinatown). I was recommended to this electrical shop by my colleagues who bought their electrical items from them. I was attended by a lady named Linda. I called her many times over the phone to check on the prices of several items we are looking at and she is very patient to explain to me the differences between the models and provide me with the quotes (even though I have not decided to place my order with her yet).

Finally we ordered our LCD TVs, fridge, washing machine, dryer, hood, hob and almost all other small electrical items from them. The items were scheduled to deliver on two separate dates as per my request. Both deliveries were prompt. In fact, I managed to add in a standing fan few hours before the 2nd delivery.

Only a minor hiccup… the electrical connection of an electrical kettle was problematic. But Linda offered one-on-one exchange even though I discovered the fault several days after the item is delivered to my place.

Have recommended the shops to my sister who has ordered a fridge from them. She is satisfied with the item condition as well.

:dancingqueen:

I called Hong Liang to get a quote on a refrigerator today, the guy who answered was quite rude. He put down the phone even before we have finish our conversation as I was about to ask for a quote on LCD tv.

Their price is also not any cheaper. IMHO, Euromark is a better choice in terms of service and pricing.

my comment : Max Credit uncle koh is really cool and freindly good advise and is very sincere in the way he do his sales. got a fridge, washing machine and cooking hob and the cooking smoke sucker from him.

Hi,

can i have the contact no. as well as location for Maximum Credit at Chinatown?

And LittleDevil, your hood & hob are frm TEKA rite?

i am also interested to get from this brand. Dun mind me asking, how much u paid for it?

thanks. :)

Hi,

can i have the contact no. as well as location for Maximum Credit at Chinatown?

And LittleDevil, your hood & hob are frm TEKA rite?

i am also interested to get from this brand. Dun mind me asking, how much u paid for it?

thanks. :)

Hihi,

Here is the address and phone number:

265 South Bridge Road

Singapore 058814

Tel: 6223 3575

It is near to Maxwell Food Centre.

I paid $1112 for the hood and hob. Kind of regret on choosing Teka brand though, somehow more used to using Asian brand for cooking. Probably need time to adjust... :dunno:

Hihi,

Here is the address and phone number:

265 South Bridge Road

Singapore 058814

Tel: 6223 3575

It is near to Maxwell Food Centre.

I paid $1112 for the hood and hob. Kind of regret on choosing Teka brand though, somehow more used to using Asian brand for cooking. Probably need time to adjust... :dunno:

Thanks Little Devil.

I heard Teka brand is pretty good. I believe u made a good choice. Hehe.

I'm gonna go take a look myself. Have yet to decide what to get for my hse. :)