Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ianthow

Anyone Using Cellini Nightingale Mattress?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Ianthow, don't wait cause we will not be delivering the bed set anytime soon due to project delays. You should be able to determine what suits your needs and budget.

bump...

waiting for starscream... :P

Hi Ianthow, don't wait cause we will not be delivering the bed set anytime soon due to project delays. You should be able to determine what suits your needs and budget.

starscream,

mine also delayed as i hav no time to meet up with the painter, cabinet maker, etc to finalize the finishing part... i can still wait for another month or two...

thanks for yor inputs...

thanks for the reply! i tried simmons, sealy, slumberland and serta as well, unfortunately those models that i like are way beyond my budget. are you sure nightingale is made in china?

There is no wedsite for this brand' Nightinggale, you can challenge the Sale person or ask the Sales manager and get more information, this product is OEM in CHINA. moreover most products now like our handphones, computer, clothing are made there. What's your budget?

the lack of review on this brand is because it is our sg market for less than 2 years..

But most of other brands like simmons, sealy, serta are way overprice!! 50% of the cost goes in the advertisement. eg I bought serta which was selling quite cheap 3 years back, and after they do major marketing and advertising, the price shoot up a lot.

If i am too choose again now, Nightingale will be better choice in term of value.

Test the mattress yourself and just choose the one you like, diff ppl diff liking

the lack of review on this brand is because it is our sg market for less than 2 years..

But most of other brands like simmons, sealy, serta are way overprice!! 50% of the cost goes in the advertisement. eg I bought serta which was selling quite cheap 3 years back, and after they do major marketing and advertising, the price shoot up a lot.

If i am too choose again now, Nightingale will be better choice in term of value.

Test the mattress yourself and just choose the one you like, diff ppl diff liking

thanks for the reply! i tried all the 3S and comfort wise, i thing i like Serta the most, very plush and their full latex model is simply heaven! but as with all the 3S, those models that i like are way over 3k! of course i tried the cellini mattress and i agree with you that it is good value for money just that because it is new so not much user feedback...

hopefully current users can chip in thier bits here :yamseng:

thanks for the reply! i tried all the 3S and comfort wise, i thing i like Serta the most, very plush and their full latex model is simply heaven! but as with all the 3S, those models that i like are way over 3k! of course i tried the cellini mattress and i agree with you that it is good value for money just that because it is new so not much user feedback...

hopefully current users can chip in thier bits here :yamseng:

My sis bought a home package from Cellini last month and they included a Nightingale Mattress. She found the mattress more comfortable and has more support than her old "KXXX XXXX" mattress. I am personally thinking of purchasing mattress, after I find a way to get rid of my old mattress :)

By the way, do you really think all those "branded" mattresses are manufactured in USA, UK or Europe? I heard they are all OEM in Malaysia, China, Thailand and Indonesia...

My sis bought a home package from Cellini last month and they included a Nightingale Mattress. She found the mattress more comfortable and has more support than her old "KXXX XXXX" mattress. I am personally thinking of purchasing mattress, after I find a way to get rid of my old mattress :)

By the way, do you really think all those "branded" mattresses are manufactured in USA, UK or Europe? I heard they are all OEM in Malaysia, China, Thailand and Indonesia...

Mattress that comes along with bedroom set is nothing great. For mattress, you need to get a real good one. Mattress is the only item in your house you will use >8hrs a day & also health (Better sleep) concern.

You should only consider Sealy (No.1 in US), Simmons (No.2 in US) & Slumberland (No.1 in UK).

These 3 brands do not get this Asian mattresses through OEM, it's their own factory, set up to get cheaper labor & freight, which do not affect the quality (Springing systems).

If you pay to get an Internet mattress statistics (I did before my buying) report, you will be able to find out that Kxxx xxxx is not in the US list.

Why must buy a US or UK ORIGINALLY branded mattresses? Because only the angmo will spend on R&D to develop a good springing system. Beware of many so-called "US brands" or Italy or Germany brands in the market, most of them were just registered there but not originated from there.

So, Safest is still the above 3 S.

Mattress that comes along with bedroom set is nothing great. For mattress, you need to get a real good one. Mattress is the only item in your house you will use >8hrs a day & also health (Better sleep) concern.

You should only consider Sealy (No.1 in US), Simmons (No.2 in US) & Slumberland (No.1 in UK).

These 3 brands do not get this Asian mattresses through OEM, it's their own factory, set up to get cheaper labor & freight, which do not affect the quality (Springing systems).

If you pay to get an Internet mattress statistics (I did before my buying) report, you will be able to find out that Kxxx xxxx is not in the US list.

Why must buy a US or UK ORIGINALLY branded mattresses? Because only the angmo will spend on R&D to develop a good springing system. Beware of many so-called "US brands" or Italy or Germany brands in the market, most of them were just registered there but not originated from there.

you are spewing nonsense.

mattress that comes with bedroom set is no good, so you are implying only expensive ones are good ?

You also got it wrong, the 3Ses are Serta, Simmons and Sealy, not Slumberland.

So what about other establish brands like Nightingale, Dunlopillo, King Koil, Omaz, Four Star, Max Coil and many others, they are not good ? Establish means good ? Then only BMW and Mercedez are good, the other lesser prestigous car brands are not good. What logic is that ?

Some mattresses spend a lot on marketing to portray a high class image can only fool naive people like you, who will likely end up paying a premium for their marketing.

Pay to read those internet statistics ? Many of these web sites are related to the brands they 'advertise' and so they have nothing but good things to say about a brand, only fools will buy it. Paying for these statistics is paying to be fooled.

For your infor, and this is free, many US brands manufacture their product in other country, so it is not that a US brand must be made in US. In actaulity many renowned brands manufacture their mattresses in other countries, the technology and manufacturing standard is carried over and applied to the manufacturing. Like Levis is made in China and the quality is unquestionable.

The statement you made about the 3Ses being the safest buy, is laughable. Pls dont anyhow advice readers when you are so naive.

Edited by vex

I agree with you that we all need a good mattress to sleep on and that's why I spend lots of time to try sleeping on mattresses. The 3S you mentioned should be Sealy, Simmons and Serta, not Slumberland. As far as I know, all 3S do manufacture their products here in Asia (even South East Asia) through OEM to cut down on logistic costs. As with any OEM, they have very strict quality control, so in theory Asia Simmons and US Simmons should be same in terms of quality and performance.

If you have done enough research, you should also notice that even the 3S get complaints. Buying the perfect mattress for yourself is very personal, what I like might not suits you at all! My advice is to buy what you feel the most comfortable, it does not have to be branded or expensive just buy which ever mattress that you felt the best with. I tried the 3S as well but I felt that I can get the same comfort that I wanted for way less money by buying other less known brand. After all, we all buy mattress to sleep on rather than admire the brand name stitched onto the mattress right? If any XYZ brand mattress is as comfortable, good quality and cheaper than the 3S, why not?

On ONLY the angmoh will spend money to do R&D, I think you gave them way too many credits! They are the same angmoh that gave us Lehman Brothers, Enron, Worldcom, Arthur Andersen, AIG, Barings Bank, Bear Stearns, etc. All their marketing crap talk are just rubbish, I will only trust my own back when buying my mattress.

I agree with you that we all need a good mattress to sleep on and that's why I spend lots of time to try sleeping on mattresses. The 3S you mentioned should be Sealy, Simmons and Serta, not Slumberland. As far as I know, all 3S do manufacture their products here in Asia (even South East Asia) through OEM to cut down on logistic costs. As with any OEM, they have very strict quality control, so in theory Asia Simmons and US Simmons should be same in terms of quality and performance.

If you have done enough research, you should also notice that even the 3S get complaints. Buying the perfect mattress for yourself is very personal, what I like might not suits you at all! My advice is to buy what you feel the most comfortable, it does not have to be branded or expensive just buy which ever mattress that you felt the best with. I tried the 3S as well but I felt that I can get the same comfort that I wanted for way less money by buying other less known brand. After all, we all buy mattress to sleep on rather than admire the brand name stitched onto the mattress right? If any XYZ brand mattress is as comfortable, good quality and cheaper than the 3S, why not?

On ONLY the angmoh will spend money to do R&D, I think you gave them way too many credits! They are the same angmoh that gave us Lehman Brothers, Enron, Worldcom, Arthur Andersen, AIG, Barings Bank, Bear Stearns, etc. All their marketing crap talk are just rubbish, I will only trust my own back when buying my mattress.

Well Said... I think for all these renowned brands the main bulk of money isn't into R&D (I mean, mattresses doesn't really need rocket technology and definitely is not as complex as car or electronics manufacturing).. most of the margins goes into branding and advertising and not forgetting the 40%-50% commission they pay off to retailers!

So the cost of the actual mattress is probably less than 10% of what you are actually paying..

Well Said... I think for all these renowned brands the main bulk of money isn't into R&D (I mean, mattresses doesn't really need rocket technology and definitely is not as complex as car or electronics manufacturing).. most of the margins goes into branding and advertising and not forgetting the 40%-50% commission they pay off to retailers!

So the cost of the actual mattress is probably less than 10% of what you are actually paying..

B2B,

Marketing is king these days! The general public tends to "recognize" brands rather than trying out what suits thyself... Sad but true... :dunno::dunno:

As for mattress, the majority of it is free air! Material and production costs took up part of the selling price, the rest are profits and marketing cost!