Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jeig

Reno Just Kitchen & Master Bathroom

Just bought a 4A resale unit, but hasn't gotten the key yet. With tight budget after paying for the COV on the purchase :(

So just plan to do partial renovation to the unit, hope someone could give me advice, e.g. how much time the reno will take, go for ID or contractor, how much it would cost....

Kitchen:

Remove the existing table top & cabinet (top + bottom), about 13 feet length

Build 13 feet bottom cabinet, 13 feet top cabinet

Granite table top 13 feet (assuming the contractor count the cooking hob area as well?)

Hack off existing 5 feet wall tiles (can I remain floor tiles?)

Supply & lay full-height wall tiles

Stainless Steel plate for the cooking area's wall

Master Bathroom

Replace existing toiletware (I'll buy the wc, basin, square rain shower etc)

Hack off wall tiles and floor tiles

Supply & lay full-height wall tiles and homogenous floor tiles

Build shower kerb

Shower screen

Replace the toilet window with those pull-out aluminium window

Change the toilet door to frosted glass door

Others

Repaint whole house

Install the lights and 1x ceiling fan

Chemical wash whole house

And 1 last question, can I change the wc without hacking the toilet floor tiles? That's for the common bathroom as I don't think I have extra money to do up the common bathroom.

Edited by Jeig

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i spent ard $12k on my simple reno.

things i do :

1. kitchen (cabinets, floor & wall tiles)

2. MBR WIW

3. Dismantle existing cabinets in kitchen & MBR

4. Change all toilets sink

5. Dismantle whole house wall wooden panels

6. re-piping work for washer

7. hack kitchen entrance wall (to do open concept kitchen)

8. change main door & gate

we DIY :

1. electrical works (my hb DIY)

2. re-paste 2 toilets door and shower screen (acrylic panels)

3. painting of whole house (by my hb's uncle)

That's all

Just bought a 4A resale unit, but hasn't gotten the key yet. With tight budget after paying for the COV on the purchase :(

So just plan to do partial renovation to the unit, hope someone could give me advice, e.g. how much time the reno will take, go for ID or contractor, how much it would cost....

Since you are doing partial renovation contractor will be a better choice. This will lower ur margin. But still just to let you know that the quality of the materials will be slightly different.

Kitchen:

Remove the existing table top & cabinet (top + bottom), about 13 feet length

Build 13 feet bottom cabinet, 13 feet top cabinet

Granite table top 13 feet (assuming the contractor count the cooking hob area as well?)

Yes, it will count as cooking hob and hood(if have). Also basin as well. If you are getting basin, hob and hood please check with your contractor or ID on the what dimension you will be getting or you can inform to them what you want. For hob/hood and basin better that you go and hunt for it. As u will know what you want. then let ur contractor or ID know the dimension.

Hack off existing 5 feet wall tiles (can I remain floor tiles?)

is ur kitchen cabinet and fridge come with tile base? if yes ensure that it match ur floor tiles. for floor tiles would be good to check the condition like cracks, hollow or uneven.

Supply & lay full-height wall tiles

if your wall tiles is ok and suit ur condition would be good not to hack. that can be adjust to hack ur floor tiles if u want to.

Stainless Steel plate for the cooking area's wall

Master Bathroom

Replace existing toiletware (I'll buy the wc, basin, square rain shower etc)

Hack off wall tiles and floor tiles

Supply & lay full-height wall tiles and homogenous floor tiles

Build shower kerb

Shower screen

Replace the toilet window with those pull-out aluminium window

Change the toilet door to frosted glass door

Others

Repaint whole house

Install the lights and 1x ceiling fan

Chemical wash whole house

And 1 last question, can I change the wc without hacking the toilet floor tiles? That's for the common bathroom as I don't think I have extra money to do up the common bathroom.

when kitchen wc required to change floor tiles will be affected. so in order to save up dont touch the common toilet first. save up then go for a mini renovation. :)

when kitchen wc required to change floor tiles will be affected. so in order to save up dont touch the common toilet first. save up then go for a mini renovation. :)

So you suggest not to do anything to common toilet, and not to change wc and basin as well right? My concern is that if the cost of doing just common toilet next time would be much higher due to contractor's profit margin, that's what I saw in other threads. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jeiq

any budget for your reno?

u have any ideas wat u want already?

cos ur reno doesnt look too complicated and getting an ID may inflate the cost

Jeiq

any budget for your reno?

u have any ideas wat u want already?

cos ur reno doesnt look too complicated and getting an ID may inflate the cost

I know what I want, coz not going after those 'wow' design. Just simple and neat.

My own estimation:

3 - 4k Master bathroom

5 - 6k Kitchen

1 - 1.5k Painting

0.5 - 1k Misc (wash + labour for installation + wiring, etc...)

does this calculation realistic?

then think u just look for a contractor

alot of recommendations in this forum

wiring + wash + labour could be more than 1k from some of the quotes i saw...

I know what I want, coz not going after those 'wow' design. Just simple and neat.

My own estimation:

3 - 4k Master bathroom

5 - 6k Kitchen

1 - 1.5k Painting

0.5 - 1k Misc (wash + labour for installation + wiring, etc...)

does this calculation realistic?

For master bathroom, your budget should be achievable. The most expensive part will be the wall tile. Easily about $1.2k - $1.3k. Floor tiles with waterproofing is $500. Installing WC, basin and accessories will be about $150. If with tempered glass shower screen will be $500.

For kitchen, can cut back on the cost by not doing wall tiles. Can overlay existing tiles with plastering and painting. If doing wall tiling, will be $2k plus. Floor tile with waterproofing $1k. Kitchen cabinet (with solid surface) will be about $160-$180 per foot run. Replacing water pipes about $600-700. Install kitchen sink and tap will be about $100.

Cost of painting is about there.

Wiring itself could come up to around $2k, including the lighting points and power points (excluding cost of lightings).

Since you will make a big renovation in the master bathroom, you may need to replace the bathrom accessories like toilet paper holder, shower caddy and many kinds of towel holders. I would recommend the products from YIGII. They are durable, high-quality and solid because theyare made of stailess steel. And they can go well with any styles of bathrooms.

123L-8-600x600 - 副本.jpg

KS025H (1) - 副本.jpg