Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nath.adrie

Our Resting Place...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Completed activities:

1) New wall (with door frame) erected

2) New main door installed (error rectified)

3) Existing wardrobe dismantled

4) Colour and design confirmation (90%)

5) Electrical scope of work (85%)

6) Existing walls & Door frame hacked

7) Existing air-con removed

8) Existing electrical meter shifted

9) Touch up floor and walls in way of of old wall

On-going works:

1) Waiting for approval from HDB to have handrailings @Recess area removed

2) Carpentry work (in factory)

Upcoming activities:

1) Waiting for contractor to confirm new wrought iron gate sales

2) Plastering & painting work (target to start: 6 Oct 08)

Purchased made over the weekend:

1) Philips 42PFL5403 LCD TV

2) Electrolux EWF-1084

3) Hitachi Fridge R-Z450AM

Photos on renovaton coming soon... my mac has problem downloading the photos. Need to go back to office to do it.

you tried doing it using iphoto?

No I didn't try using iPhoto. Is it good?

My mac can't detect my bro's camera in Finder and I don't wanna always borrow the card reader from him.

Anyway, here are more photos. Nothing great so far. :unsure:

Main Entrance (with door)

Entrance01.jpg

Entrance02.jpg

Wall hacked

hackwall01.jpg

wallshacked03.jpg

Floors touch-up. We aren't changing the flooring for the whole house.

FloorTouchup.jpg

We didn't really wish to change the air-con in the first place since we don't foresee using it that often in the 1st place. However, after getting an air-con servicing guy to take a look; he strongly recommend us to change instead of just cleaning it coz the fan coil units (internally) are all rusted and he told us that there's leakage of refrigerant. So, we have to squeeze some funds out to go for a new system.

Anyway, have him removed the exsiting units for us, so that we can have the spot plaster as well. As such, no really have time to go around sourcing for the best deal, etc.

Here are some photos after the aircons are removed:

AirconRemove01.jpg

AirconRemove02.jpg

Compressor removed:

CompressorRevmove01.jpg

We didn't really wish to change the air-con in the first place since we don't foresee using it that often in the 1st place. However, after getting an air-con servicing guy to take a look; he strongly recommend us to change instead of just cleaning it coz the fan coil units (internally) are all rusted and he told us that there's leakage of refrigerant. So, we have to squeeze some funds out to go for a new system.

Anyway, have him removed the exsiting units for us, so that we can have the spot plaster as well. As such, no really have time to go around sourcing for the best deal, etc.

Strongly recommend you to buy your air-con from Gain City only becos of their workmanship and after-sles service.

My mac can't detect my bro's camera in Finder and I don't wanna always borrow the card reader from him.

Anyway, here are more photos. Nothing great so far. :unsure:

Entrance01.jpg

Entrance02.jpg

Big place.

We did the same by shifting the main entrance to the start of the recess area in our previous EM.

That actually made our immediate neighbour smack right at a corner, which made them very unhappy.

So becareful.

Big place.

We did the same by shifting the main entrance to the start of the recess area in our previous EM.

That actually made our immediate neighbour smack right at a corner, which made them very unhappy.

So becareful.

Oh. What do you mean by smacking them to a corner?

Haven't really meet my neighbours yet... only talk to them once.

oh okay

my mac always start iphoto whenever i plug in a camera or mobile phone with camera

that's why i always use iphoto

maybe you want to try? :dunno:

Oh. What do you mean by smacking them to a corner?

Haven't really meet my neighbours yet... only talk to them once.

Previously, your recess area seperates the corridor with grilles, thus it still looks spacious. by errecting a wall, you indirectly made them look smaller.

for curtains u wan try karbell? e price i quite happy. search from newspaper actually. prompt to measure and install.. so far haven need service..

Entrance01.jpg

Entrance02.jpg

Wall hacked

hackwall01.jpg

wallshacked03.jpg

Will water splashed in at the corridor area if it rains?? Having grilles or windows there will burn another hole in the pockets..

oh okay

my mac always start iphoto whenever i plug in a camera or mobile phone with camera

that's why i always use iphoto

maybe you want to try? :dunno:

Nothing happens when I plug in that camera to my mac. Seems "invisible" to mac totally. :dunno:

Previously, your recess area seperates the corridor with grilles, thus it still looks spacious. by errecting a wall, you indirectly made them look smaller.

I know what you mean now... Anyway, my immediate neighbour filled the corridor with plants and some of their stuff... Looks rather messy... so I guess they aren't that fussy bah... :P

for curtains u wan try karbell? e price i quite happy. search from newspaper actually. prompt to measure and install.. so far haven need service..

Where to find them? Actually haven't really decide what we want. Probably some roller binds coz thinking easiest to maintain, am I rite? Curtains probably only at the living room / balcony area.

And yes, we will be installing grilles and windows at the recess area. And porkypig is right, it's gg to burn another hole in the pocket but little choice. HDB still not get back to ID whether they can get the railing or not. 3wks liao, still no response. ID called the Technical Officer and the TO also says :dunno: dun no.

Edited by nath.adrie

ur main gate is juz a wooden door?

I hope its secure enough..tink a strong kick can break apart the door..

I tink a grille will make it safer.

ur main gate is juz a wooden door?

I hope its secure enough..tink a strong kick can break apart the door..

I tink a grille will make it safer.

will have... yet to install.