Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mmycheng

Mandy & Lincoln - Renovating Our First Home

yes u need to knw where to put the gas heater

for both my frens who use it nw, their gas heater is located in the kitchen above their washer

so u can check if it can be placed there

gd luck! :sport-smiley-003:

Above washing machine? Aiya...I can't leh, cos there's a lot of pipes sticking out in the area just above where my washer will be... and I don't have a service balcony to place it either... kitchen also no other available corners liao... maybe in the end cannot put. I think I shall do a bit more research. Thanks for advice. :)

Heard that hot water will only pipe to one of the tap? We're also having headeache on which heater to choose. :bangwall:

Not really leh... You can pipe the hot water from the gas heater to as many taps you want. The only thing is because the water pressure is not strong, is it not advisable to be using 2 showers at the same time. You can pipe it to the kitchen tap also if you like and any other taps in the bathrooms... I think it's unlimited, but you do have to consider the usage. The laying of each pipe is around $90 i think, must check with your contractor.

Tink what u can do is to make ur shower area slightly lower than the dry area. I read it somewhere in the forum that some1 did that. Can't rem who le, paiseh.

Tot of asking u to make a curb, but that will mean that ur door has to be higher than the curb in order to slide. U gota see whh idea suits u bah. The curb will be fine if u have a curb at the toilet entrance. Entrance curb slightly higher than shower area curb. Then wun have a slit btw curb and door, and door can slide above the shower area curb.

Hehe, for mi, I tink I'll go with the lower shower area. :)

Wow.. thanks for all the ideas. I shall put them in my ideas collection and consider them carefully. :paint:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Very nice living room design... i like it... :sport-smiley-004:

Yup, did so cos the bomb shelter door is soooo ugly!

It's the black panel behind the dining table.

DiningArea.jpg

Have you rec'd any proposals from IDs so far?

Thanks. I initially wanted my living room to be dark in colour...lots of splashes of grey, black and metallic but my hb says he prefers light colour as it exudes a happier feel when you come home after a long day at work... so in the end we compromised...living room will be bright but MBR will be very dark and cosy...good for sleeping :P

Need advice on toilet door! :unsure:

My toilet door is the standard HDB bi-fold type. The design of my MBR toilet is such that the glass shower screen goes on the left of the door and the vanity top with sink on its right. However, when the door opens fully to the right, it will hit the vanity top. Even if I changed the door's direction to open to the left, it will then hit my shower screen... You can see the existing situtation before reno below and the toilet design as well.

What can I do to preserve my toilet design but still have a door? Any creative ideas?!? Help...

CIMG1499.jpg

MasterRoomToilet.jpg

Hi mmycheng,

heheh.. We aso foresee this problem, while doing our reno. No way to avoid it cos of the 'fixed' narrow toilet & the position of WC and sink. The WC shd b placed side by side to the sink, to enhance more walking space. How abt installing a sliding door outside the toilet, sliding frm the wall nearer to the window, hoped u understand me. Heheh.. :D

L3x

Welcome to RT! I got the same colour scheme as the one in the Master toilet, right to the motif borderline for my common toilet. Only thing is that the floor tiles surface is rough & easily gets dirt marks unfortunately in comparison to the previous tiles

Hey BunBun, saw your blog put up recently. Hope reno's going well? Toilet colour scheme still the same? I like the green colour, it's peaceful looking. My hb always says he likes a nice toilet so he can do his business in peace... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi mmycheng,

heheh.. We aso foresee this problem, while doing our reno. No way to avoid it cos of the 'fixed' narrow toilet & the position of WC and sink. The WC shd b placed side by side to the sink, to enhance more walking space. How abt installing a sliding door outside the toilet, sliding frm the wall nearer to the window, hoped u understand me. Heheh.. :D

L3x

Hi, got inspired to do something about it after seeing that issue in your toilet. I don't want to scratch/chip/crack the vanity or shower screen as can get a bit 'cor lor' sometimes with stuff... I'll seriously consider a sliding glass door outside the toilet... thanks for the suggestion! :rolleyes:

Hi, more pics to share. Hb and I went back to IMM today to take photos of some stuff we bought previously but forgot all about the pics. We also saw this full clear glass dining table which we really like. It costs $1200 for table alone. Is this expensive?

Full leather L-shaped sofa

CIMG1671.jpg

Sealy queen mattress

CIMG1665-1.jpg

The toilet colour scheme is still the same~ as we never change the toilet tiles. We left it as it is by HDB. Only the common toilet tiles was changed & retiled by HDB due to hollow tiles.

My blog was put up long time ago hehehe just that not much pics in there now since had to take down some pics as my hubby request for privacy sake.

In the beginning, I thought the green colour in the kitchen was a bit ugly but after carpentry & the basic things like fridge & washing machine is up, its not so bad as white colour offset the green better. :)

For glass table, it depends on your budget. Some tables are like 1.5k depending on the material & whether it is big enough to seat like 4-6pax or extendable?

Hey BunBun, saw your blog put up recently. Hope reno's going well? Toilet colour scheme still the same? I like the green colour, it's peaceful looking. My hb always says he likes a nice toilet so he can do his business in peace... :sport-smiley-004:
Edited by BunBun

Hi, more pics to share. Hb and I went back to IMM today to take photos of some stuff we bought previously but forgot all about the pics. We also saw this full clear glass dining table which we really like. It costs $1200 for table alone. Is this expensive?

Full leather L-shaped sofa

CIMG1671.jpg

Sealy queen mattress

CIMG1665-1.jpg

Nice sofa... how much?

The toilet colour scheme is still the same~ as we never change the toilet tiles. We left it as it is by HDB. Only the common toilet tiles was changed & retiled by HDB due to hollow tiles.

My blog was put up long time ago hehehe just that not much pics in there now since had to take down some pics as my hubby request for privacy sake.

In the beginning, I thought the green colour in the kitchen was a bit ugly but after carpentry & the basic things like fridge & washing machine is up, its not so bad as white colour offset the green better. :)

For glass table, it depends on your budget. Some tables are like 1.5k depending on the material & whether it is big enough to seat like 4-6pax or extendable?

Ok, I shall go see your pics. I'm thinking whether I should use the same light green colour for my MBR's feature wall as well. Also saw a Calvin Klein bedsheet in a very nice shade of green today which I liked very much... but cost $268!! :bangwall:

Anyway, will look around other places for similar clear glass dining tables before I buy that one.

Nice sofa... how much?

Hi pinkpetter,

My sofa cost me $2188. Original price was $2388 before bargaining with the salesguy. I dun think I'm very good with bargaining but oh well...

You bought your sofa liao or still looking?

Need advice on toilet door! :unsure:

My toilet door is the standard HDB bi-fold type. The design of my MBR toilet is such that the glass shower screen goes on the left of the door and the vanity top with sink on its right. However, when the door opens fully to the right, it will hit the vanity top. Even if I changed the door's direction to open to the left, it will then hit my shower screen... You can see the existing situtation before reno below and the toilet design as well.

What can I do to preserve my toilet design but still have a door? Any creative ideas?!? Help...

CIMG1499.jpg

MasterRoomToilet.jpg

maybe you can check www.pddoor.com for ideas?

their sliding doors are different from others...

My MBR toilet is almost similar to yours.

My door swing to the left. I dismantled the basin and replaced it with vanity top and shower screen behind the door.

If i want to use the shower, i hv to close the door before i can walk over.

I have explored various ways including door stopper on the floor/wall tile..I don't think i wanna damage the tiles..So there is oni one way, PD doors...But i hv paid for the door, so i think it is a waste to throw it away and replaced it with a PD door. So i just wait for the toilet door to disintegrate before changing... :)

maybe you can check www.pddoor.com for ideas?

their sliding doors are different from others...

My MBR toilet is almost similar to yours.

My door swing to the left. I dismantled the basin and replaced it with vanity top and shower screen behind the door.

If i want to use the shower, i hv to close the door before i can walk over.

I have explored various ways including door stopper on the floor/wall tile..I don't think i wanna damage the tiles..So there is oni one way, PD doors...But i hv paid for the door, so i think it is a waste to throw it away and replaced it with a PD door. So i just wait for the toilet door to disintegrate before changing... :)

Thanks for the suggestion. The PD door can slide and then open outwards one right? Do you know how much one cost? I suppose I also need to re-install a new door frame for the new door?

Must share with everybody my lustful weekend find! :dribble: This I'm going to add to my WISHLIST for the new home... means got extra money then buy! 8|

Presenting the Nespresso machine! It makes piping hot cups of espresso (or latte if you buy the additional milk frother) in a matter of seconds. All you need to do is pop in a capsule and voila, aromatic coffee! Cleaning is also equally simple. No need to bother with coffee grains, just throw away the used capsules and wash 2 small containers...no digging and scrubbing like other coffee-makers! Yes, yes...I'm a coffee addict...

At a price of $518 for a machine, additional $99 for the milk frother and 90cents per coffee capsule... hmm...wishlist alright... anyone want to buy me a house-warming-cum-christmas present?? :notti:

n_ess_c100_1.jpg

Check it out at http://www.nespresso.com/precom/home_sg_en...?&nedlogin=

Edited by mmycheng

Very very cute machine! :wub:

Haha! It's too cute alreadi... the more I see the more I want it...

Terrible...hb sure scold me one... already just bought 3 Irobots for cleaning and now want to spend more $$ on other gadgets... 8|