Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mmycheng

Mandy & Lincoln - Renovating Our First Home

We have to get citygas to install the gas point in our kitchen. Anyone done this already? How much does it cost?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Made new decision today regarding my kitchen carpentry after consultations with my ID...

Earlier i gave up my tall larder unit coz of cost but that will mean 2 ft of space left in between the exsiting cabinets to the other end of the kitchen...so instead of lengthening the cooking workspace, I added a second solid surface workspace on the right side next to the oven and microwave. It can also double up as a temporary space to put things like grocery shopping bags or a place for a quick meal (add a stool or something).

I really don't know how this will eventually pan out but keeping my fingers crossed that it will look nice. :unsure: Sorry no 3D drawings to show...will take pics when carpentry works start in 2 weeks time.

wow!

Your renovation really trendy.. v strong colors.. Your house got character.. Can check how much you spent for your reno?

Also, mind if i ask which block are you at? Im also a fellow Taman Jurong-to-be resident.. but been busy at work so did not frequent this forum much..

congratz again... cheerz :yamseng:

wow!

Your renovation really trendy.. v strong colors.. Your house got character.. Can check how much you spent for your reno?

Also, mind if i ask which block are you at? Im also a fellow Taman Jurong-to-be resident.. but been busy at work so did not frequent this forum much..

Hi alphalost! Welcome to the n'hood! :D

I've PM you the info alrdy. Which block and floor you at?

Ok thanks. There's a standard pipe? Or can choose different materials?

only approved material for gas pipe is copper

think the material is considered most stable in years to come

less likely to have leakage compared to the rest like stainless steel or pvc :yamseng:

Hi alphalost! Welcome to the n'hood! :D

I've PM you the info alrdy. Which block and floor you at?

Im at blk 181 and on the 9th floor.. what abt u?

Hope to see you in the neighbourhood soon.. cheerz :yamseng:

only approved material for gas pipe is copper

think the material is considered most stable in years to come

less likely to have leakage compared to the rest like stainless steel or pvc :yamseng:

Thanks applefreak... makes it easier for me if there's a standard pipe, so no need to make choices...haha.

I think I'll get my hb to be the IC for this part as he's been doing most of the citygas account opening and all...I'm IC for so many things liao...unbalanced workload... so must get him to do some stuff! Hehe :disturb:

Im at blk 181 and on the 9th floor.. what abt u?

Hope to see you in the neighbourhood soon.. cheerz :yamseng:

Hey, me on 17th floor...blk 182.

You should start a blog and post your designs for us to see! :paint:

wow!

Totally agree!!! Love e cheerful yellow!!

sigh... actually my ID did suggest this yellow... we too conservative liao :unsure:

Totally agree!!! Love e cheerful yellow!!

sigh... actually my ID did suggest this yellow... we too conservative liao :unsure:

Dun blame u lah...actually when i thought of the colours for our new house design, I wanted very dark and neutral colours...but my hb insisted on bright colours so I had to compromise and after some research, chose a mix of bright matched with base colours like black, white and grey. I show some pics of a condo showroom designs where I got my inspiration from... hee :notti:

dining.jpg

kitchen.jpg

living.jpg

I conclude that our top 3 favs of this forum are:

1. Pictures!

2. Cheap and/or good deals!

3. Reno advice!

So in keeping with popular demand, here are some of my reno works in progress. Everything is going on smoothly as scheduled. The tiling and laminate floorings are done (will take some pics and post them soon). Ceiling works should be done by end of this week.

Hacked wall for study room rebuilt

CIMG1704.jpg

Original door to WIW sealed up

CIMG1703.jpg

New door to WIW located inside the MBR, directly opposite the MBR toilet entrance

CIMG1708.jpg

MBR toilet curb (glass shower screen to be installed later)

CIMG1707.jpg

Kitchen base for cabinets

CIMG1706.jpg

thanks for sharing those pretty pic :)

think I could add some bright-coloured home decor items instead...

mayb a Bourge Lamp :D (my fat wish)

haha :dancingqueen:

In today's episode of renotalk...we shall look at more pictures of the renovation progress...

Nicely flushed tiling for one of the most challenging parts of the house...the horrible HDB installed grills at the bay window... house owners of similar units in the same area complained as their tiles had to be recessed downwards leaving a gap that easily collects dust. Of course...the tradeoff to this was a small curb that had to be placed where the kitchen tiles meet the living room tiles. Nonetheless...owners are happy! :D

Tiles nicely flushed

CIMG1712.jpg

The kitchen-living room curb

CIMG1722.jpg

Bedroom laminates waiting to be installed

CIMG1709.jpgCIMG1723.jpg

Ceiling works just started...

Metal frame for L-box **** room

CIMG1720.jpg

Metal frame for false ceiling at entrance foyer

CIMG1726.jpg

Pieces of L-box waiting to be installed at dining area

CIMG1715.jpg

L-box up (above MBR feature wall)

CIMG1733.jpg

Cracked tile - electrician's boo boo... :furious: ID told us she will 'settle' will him and rectify the problem

CIMG1729.jpg

thanks for sharing those pretty pic :)

think I could add some bright-coloured home decor items instead...

mayb a Bourge Lamp :D (my fat wish)

haha :dancingqueen:

Wah...a bourgie table lamp...nice... I love things from Kartell too!! My even fatter wish is to buy a Karte;; Black Victoria Ghost chair and a Herman Miller ergonomic chair for the study room. 8|