Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mmycheng

Mandy & Lincoln - Renovating Our First Home

for easy maintenance roller blind will be better ...but definitely roller blind will look nicer for the bedrooms and aircon ledge..

personally i will take roller blind cos me = lazy

For living rm, me choose full length, half height for my kiddos & roller blinds for MBR

roller more clean look... :P but nvr put in kiddos rm cos these 2 monsters will surely pull up & down for fun

more trouble for me :P

Carpentry is the exciting part, waiting for more pics. :D

:dancingqueen::dancingqueen: waiting waiting

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Need advice on toilet door! :unsure:

My toilet door is the standard HDB bi-fold type. The design of my MBR toilet is such that the glass shower screen goes on the left of the door and the vanity top with sink on its right. However, when the door opens fully to the right, it will hit the vanity top. Even if I changed the door's direction to open to the left, it will then hit my shower screen... You can see the existing situtation before reno below and the toilet design as well.

What can I do to preserve my toilet design but still have a door? Any creative ideas?!? Help...

CIMG1499.jpg

MasterRoomToilet.jpg

Your bathroom is so gorgeous! I love the shelves! :-) How much were you charged for that, if you don't mind telling?

Your bathroom is so gorgeous! I love the shelves! :-) How much were you charged for that, if you don't mind telling?

Hi, I'll PM you the price.

For living rm, me choose full length, half height for my kiddos & roller blinds for MBR

roller more clean look... :P but nvr put in kiddos rm cos these 2 monsters will surely pull up & down for fun

more trouble for me :P

:dancingqueen::dancingqueen: waiting waiting

Ok. After some consideration, my hb said he prefers the roller type.

Can I ask where you guys went to get your curtains? What type of material is most 'cooling' (if there's such a material)...hee :notti:

Edited by mmycheng

My hb took leave today to oversee the installation of the aircon and gas pipes plus receive our order of the kitchen sink and cooker hob & hood...

It was a rather eventful day and my poor hb is tired out... hug... :wub:

Hihi,

For my case, we left the installation of the gas pipes to the ID to coordinate.. Initially, I thought is pay the ID for the installation , only realised that it is paid to citygas when I received the SP bills for the installation this month ...Haa blur... but i got shock at first glance .. thot the renovation guys must be playing with water to have my bill hit over $120 ... :P

Hihi,

For my case, we left the installation of the gas pipes to the ID to coordinate.. Initially, I thought is pay the ID for the installation , only realised that it is paid to citygas when I received the SP bills for the installation this month ...Haa blur... but i got shock at first glance .. thot the renovation guys must be playing with water to have my bill hit over $120 ... :P

Yeah... realised that other IDs also help their clients coordinate the citygas thingy...dunno why she ask us to it...aiyah nvm lah, small isue cos we were receiving goods on that day anyway. Our working reln also very good so far and she has helped me out a lot and thrown in a bit of 'extras'...hee :notti:

In today's Renotalk feature, we look at the progress of Mandy and Lincoln's first home renovation... let's take a listen at what the homeowners have to say...

"My purple colour is turning out to be rather royal looking!"

CIMG1807.jpgCIMG1808.jpg

"The kitchen is one of my favourite parts and I'm excited it has started...I can't wait to use it!"

CIMG1813.jpgCIMG1814.jpg

"My ugly bomb shelter door is completely hidden and I've got a big shoerack for my shoe collection. Yippee!"

CIMG1815.jpg

"We decided to play around with the wall paints instead of sticking to the conservative white tones. Hence, we injected a mix of dark and brighter colours to accentuate certain walls"

CIMG1816.jpgCIMG1818.jpgCIMG1810.jpg

"Bye bye old toilet sink..."

CIMG1811.jpg

Ok thanks. There's a standard pipe? Or can choose different materials?

Do we need to arrange for city gas to install pipe??? :unsure:

Do we need to arrange for city gas to install pipe??? :unsure:

Most say their ID help them do it. We did it ourselves tho... But payment of $100 is by us through our citygas account, not by ID.

lolz. almost complete wo :)

mi toda just going to scout for lighting.

Not so fast lah...prob need another 2 weeks to final inspection and handover.

Have fun at Balestier! :dancingqueen:

wow!!! mmycheng

i like your kitchen cabinets.. its beautiful with touch of modern aura... i like it!

great design and a delightful choice of colors

:notti:

Hi alphalost, thanks for the compliments. :D

Edited by mmycheng

More pics! This time showing installation of the fans and some of my lights... Hee :notti:

Ceiling Fans- Silver for Living Rm and Black for MBR

CIMG1819.jpgCIMG1823.jpg

Lights for Study Rm (left) and WIW (right)

CIMG1822.jpgCIMG1824.jpg

Toilet Light

CIMG1829.jpg

Bomb Shelter Light

CIMG1826.jpg

The inside shelves of my shoe rack...I told my hb I will need the bigger section! :sport-smiley-004:

CIMG1830.jpg

Sidetrack...

I have a brand new convection and grill oven for sale, if interested, can visit the following link:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17270