Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mmycheng

Mandy & Lincoln - Renovating Our First Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
How much did you pay for the glass partition of that size?

The partition at the study romm cost me $550 if I remembered correctly.

nice sink.. from whereeeee ahh... and how muchie? :deal:

I got the sink from Bellari, comes with a small built-in bucket for waste. Cost me around $300.

A 7 feet high shower screen would ensure rain shower doesn't spill over to the dry area. :bath:

It's definitetely not 7ft cos I remember measuring the height from floor to the ugly overhead pipe. It was 2m tall and 7ft = 2.13m....so the shower screen is at most 1.85m tall only... around 6ft.

May have to really get my ID to change the shower screen... :dunno:

Agree with you, area behind hood should be cover also, if not so ugly. :)

I also say... my 3D drawings showed it completely covered which is much nicer. However, I'm not sure that they can cut the glass to fit in the curved shape of my hood...Anyway, I'll leave it to the experts to solve this problem...haha :P

Edited by mmycheng

My ID told me the same thing too.. quite impossible to cut the glass to fit the edges around the hood area. There will be many jagged edges of the glass which will look unglam! :bleah: Alternatively is to stick matching laminates of your kitchen cabinets on the wall tiles to give a nicer finishing. :idea:

My ID told me the same thing too.. quite impossible to cut the glass to fit the edges around the hood area. There will be many jagged edges of the glass which will look unglam! :bleah: Alternatively is to stick matching laminates of your kitchen cabinets on the wall tiles to give a nicer finishing. :idea:

Hmm..not a bad idea. Will be meeting ID tmr so I'll check with her. Thanks.

Wah 7ft sounds very high. When you sign with ID did they say how high they will give you?

No, the contract didn't state.

I guess I'm not very thorough with my quote as compared to a lot of other forumers here. A lot of things I didn't tie down with ID at the start, especially the kind of materials, brand of tiles, laminates, paints etc... but so far everything turned out ok and she mostly gave me what I want. I guess I'm lucky cos there's a good degree of trust and I find her very professional so I allowed her quite a lot of freedom to design my place...

However, I don't think I will ask you to do the same in your ID/contractor hunting... risky... :dunno:

Edited by mmycheng

Today I met up with my ID at my new place.

Good news...she said it is possible to cut the black glass to fill up the wall backing my kitchen cabinet. Hooray!! :sport-smiley-004:

As for the shower screen, it is of standard height and if I want a taller one, it would have to be customised which is a lot more costly. Technically, water should not splash out as the water output for rainshower comes down vertically and not laterally. Anyway, we will just go with the current one and see how. She said if really cannot then we'll make changes later. Sounds good to me for now...

Other than these 2 things, we also went through a list of things which needed further working on such as:

1. Touch up for paint work

2. Replacement of trunking in kitchen (was broken due to plumbing works)

3. Installation of MBR toilet carpentry and toilet fittings for all toilets

4. Adjust ceiling fan fixture, currently a bit shaky

5. Installation of glass for the study table top, I don't want to scratch the laminates

6. Chemical cleaning + general cleaning

Workers were also there to finish up the installation of my solid surfaces in the kitchen and the toilet. I will be able to show you guys more pics next week. :)

Hb and I also went to Home-Fix DIY at Harbourfront today and bought the following things...first time in my life I bought such expensive rubbish bins! 8| ..... Hopefully they are really as good as the recommendations given by people.

Simple Human Trash Bins

p-can-deluxe-bfly-38.jpgp-can-gbc.jpgp-can-rnd-countertop.jpg

Koncept LED Study Lamp (in white colour)

sildzbar.gif

Edited by mmycheng

Hi Rdnest, the butterfly bin cost me $188... i know...surely kena scolded for the splurge 8|

I went up to my place this evening to check on the remaining works... getting closer to completion liao :sport-smiley-004:

Here's the full black glass backing for my kitchen...amazing that they could actually cut the glass to fit it in! No jagged edges or anything and the small gaps were filled in with black silicon. My cooker hob has also been put in place but both hob and hood not fully installed yet. Notice also the small rectangular patch of light grey on the left...that's my kitchen tile... seems like one part there exposed...not nice so my ID said she will cover it with the same grey laminate used for the cabinets.

CIMG1908.jpg

Frosted glass door installed for my WIW which is inside my MBR, need the door to prevent my dog from creating any 'trouble' in there.

CIMG1905.jpg

My MBR at night with the lights fully fixed.

CIMG1907.jpg

White solid surface for the MBR toilet installed. Now waiting for the sink, tap and accompanying top cabinets.

CIMG1904.jpg

Decided to paint the door frames black to match the laminate door and the other parts of the decor. It was previously white which I thought looked kindda out of place.

CIMG1903.jpg

Edited by mmycheng

YAY the glass back done! SO MUCH nicer! happy for you. I love that wall colour in your MBR.. so cosy... perfect.

Thanks pinkpetter! I'm happy too. Hehe :P

Happy Deepavali guys! Long weekends are the best! :drunk:

Thanks pinkpetter! I'm happy too. Hehe :P

Happy Deepavali guys! Long weekends are the best! :drunk:

yeah!! black door frame.. nice!! so happy ur reno is completing soon, den can move in liao :dancingqueen:

Yup, black black...i love black...if I had it my way...my whole house sure full of black..haha... :P

Anyway, today I went to window shop for curtains for the first time...have read the various forum entries on curtains but all say the same thing...the price of curtains is very dependent on the kind of fabric chosen so it's rather difficult to get a good gauge on whether you are getting a good deal or you're a potential 'carrot head' being 'chopped'... pardon my expression...haha

Today's experience was in a neighbourhood curtain shop in Jurong west...boss was this friendly old uncle who knew his stuff and was patient in showing us his samples. I was browsing through various sample books and noticed that the average price of curtain material was about $26 with the more expensive ones in his shop going up to $39 per sft. Prices for roller blind material was around $9.50 for the average type.

Anyone bought curtains before pls share if these prices are reasonable? Also, I find that looking at the flat piece of fabric sample doesn't do justice to the eventual outcome when the curtains are folded when hung up...how do I judge properly?

Appreciate any thoughts on this. Cheers!

mm I have this headache too. But once I saw a house with very nice roller blinds and took note of it cos it's dimensions of the windows are similiar to my own house. So seeing it there will be like looking it live in my own house. Moreover Roller blinds are cheap and easy to install (can DIY) *cheapo*