Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
milnek

Our New Home

Hello Morning dew, my is nearer to old airport road or rather its within walking distant from the hawker centre. No sea view for me but can cycle during the weekend to east coast.... :dancingqueen:

Hey milnek,

Your house can see the sea or not?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Try Barang Barang for teak furniture?

I have a fren who bought very nice teakwood stuff from furniture shops in Ho Chih Minh city (Vietnam). Prices there are a fraction of what you have to pay locally even after including the shipping. However, air ticket prices are another thing lah... good if you're "on the way there..." hee :notti:

Thanks Sunset... thts something in my mind too... going to put up drop lights and a small dinning table for my dearest and me... :notti:

Your kitchen layout quite different from others, got one corner specially for dining. :)

Oh Barang Barang furnitures are nice but overly price i think... still in the process of checking out some of the furniture shops locally... had visited a few teak furniture shops like Sister's Dream, wholesale teak company in Ubi area, been to Barang Barang warehouse sale etc... still sourcing area.... HCM... hmm thks, my boss had verbally agreed to let me visit our distributor there... haa haa... :dancingqueen:

Try Barang Barang for teak furniture?

I have a fren who bought very nice teakwood stuff from furniture shops in Ho Chih Minh city (Vietnam). Prices there are a fraction of what you have to pay locally even after including the shipping. However, air ticket prices are another thing lah... good if you're "on the way there..." hee :notti:

Thanks Angel... as our budgets are rather tied, will have to buy base on priority... we are waiting for the next barang barang warehouse sale... :notti:

Wah... with all the ideas u have for ur new house, I'm sure it'll turn out to be very cool! Can't wait to see the pictures. :P

haa haa thanks.... i hope so too....

wah so nice ler near east coast park, when u want to sell or rent ur house its very easy to get a high price :notti:

My wtb and I fell in love with this big can lounge chair at barang and I went online to look around for cheaper versions. Ended up finding A LOT of online shops which based in Indonesia who supplies wooden furniture to overseas buyers. The sites all seems quite professional looking, catering to overseas buyer and will arrange for shipping. They can pretty much custom make anything you show them too I think. Worth a try, just google bali teak furniture or something and tons of results will come up!

From lease commencence date until now is 27 years... the estate just completed interim upgrade and the new circle line is going to complete soon.... :dancingqueen:

hi milnek,

can check with you how old is your estate? :)

Thanks happywolfie... have found the same information which you had mentioned but im not sure how genunie are these so called online sellers are.... also read some negative feedbacks abt these online sellers..... anyone has any experience on this to share... will be good for a gauge...

My wtb and I fell in love with this big can lounge chair at barang and I went online to look around for cheaper versions. Ended up finding A LOT of online shops which based in Indonesia who supplies wooden furniture to overseas buyers. The sites all seems quite professional looking, catering to overseas buyer and will arrange for shipping. They can pretty much custom make anything you show them too I think. Worth a try, just google bali teak furniture or something and tons of results will come up!

Thanks mmycheng... had been there and shortlisted some furnitures but must discuss with dearie first.... :yamseng:

You're welcome. I'm not sure if you've also made a trip to Sungei Kadut. A lot of furniture warehouses there and they usually have new + clearance stock so possibly can get a good deal.

Thanks mmycheng... had been there and shortlisted some furnitures but must discuss with dearie first.... :yamseng:

You're welcome. I'm not sure if you've also made a trip to Sungei Kadut. A lot of furniture warehouses there and they usually have new + clearance stock so possibly can get a good deal.

Great. Mmycheng, i drove to Sungei Kadut after reading your post. I visited Novena and Castilla. Their quality is good but their price is about the same as compared to town retail stall. I also went to a carpentry workshop but their sales staff doesnt really welcome me... :bangwall:

Will be getting the keys in 23 days time....

Have bought a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV yesterday(TH-42PV8H) for $1399 plus $700/- gift voucher ($100 Taka and $600 Taka or Shell voucher). It was a great buy we think...

In the pipeline are the following items:

LG fridge - LG-GR-M392YLQ @ $499

Washing Machine - WD-10481TP @$599

Also went to check out some mattress today at the bedding saloon at MacPherson. Didnt realise that buying a mattress is so much of a hassle. Think i have more or less shortlisted Simmons which cost around $1699/-.

Thats all i've for now.. will update again. :yamseng: