Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
klipp-klapp

The Green House

Hi pinkpetter,

Yepz the drawing is provided by the ID. But it is not done by the ID consultant whom we deal with. It is done by the designer of the firm bah so there are some communication errors .... which explains why a number of things are not done to our request .. so in the end my husband edited the kitchen and master bedroom rendering himself to save time since going to and fro takes very long ... and can feel the ID also not too willing ...

In the renovation quote , these rendering services are quoted FOC ... so I guess also not too good to request too many changes and we did not pursue further. Felt that as long as the end-product is good, the conceptual drawings not that impt.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

2885726077_1a5d067b0b_o.jpg

Final kitchen rendering provided by ID. Notice how come solid top not in the colour we requested. :dunno:

2886562338_ab03f3ce79_o.jpg

Hubby edited accordingly - that's more like it .. else no more green house liaoz...

2886562434_7e14d3f6be_o.jpg

First MBR rendering provided by ID. Actually, we requested to have some red elements for MBR initially.. but rendering provided is in black and white :dunno: . Is nice but not what we have in mind. After some discussion,we asked ID change the wardrobe to white with a strip of orange and to suggest the color combi for the low cabinet. We felt orange will match the green theme in the kitchen cum living room more than red.

2885726727_def75bc506_o.jpg

Final MBR rendering provided by ID. Notice how come the wardrobe is orange and black .... :dunno:

And we did not like the color combination for the low cabinet.

2885726653_ba71e82ceb_o.jpg

Hubby helped to edit the colors ... think it is nicer now :D

I like your colour scheme...bright colours are the way to go man! Why don't you make your MBR colours green too? Then it'll really be a green house! Hee :P

I also saw that you hacked off the entire wall for your study...i initially wanted a similar idea but that will reduce the space I have for wall-mounted cabinets so in the end I didn't go for that option. But it still looks very nice and open!

Edited by mmycheng

I like your colour scheme...bright colours are the way to go man! Why don't you make your MBR colours green too? Then it'll really be a green house! Hee :P

I also saw that you hacked off the entire wall for your study...i initially wanted a similar idea but that will reduce the space I have for wall-mounted cabinets so in the end I didn't go for that option. But it still looks very nice and open!

Hi mmycheng,

Thanks :) Yah, bright colours will help to brighten the day... As for the MBR, we are thinking to have a "warmer" feel bedroom bah ...

Yepz, went your blog, it is indeed very nice and have more cabinet space. :dribble:

Just wondering, how come your contractor hack off the whole wall and rebuild a low wall for the glass panel, cannot just hack a portion of it?

Hi mmycheng,

Thanks :) Yah, bright colours will help to brighten the day... As for the MBR, we are thinking to have a "warmer" feel bedroom bah ...

Yepz, went your blog, it is indeed very nice and have more cabinet space. :dribble:

Just wondering, how come your contractor hack off the whole wall and rebuild a low wall for the glass panel, cannot just hack a portion of it?

True lah...colours too bright maybe hard to sleep...my MBR colour now is basically a mix of purple and grey...thinking of matching with greenish-blue bedsheets...dunno even can match anot! haha! :sport-smiley-004:

My ID said that hacking off half the wall will compromise the structural stability of the remaining parts and something about the weight of the glass partition...it's ok by me lah...whatever is safer and price wise, I still only pay for half wall hacking, not full...hee :P

Edited by mmycheng

:help::help::help::help::help::help:

Haiz .. heard from ID that the lime green solid top we wanted cannot be achieved ... At first, he told us can try to customize the color, so we chose a lime green laminate and told him to follow that color. But later was informed that there is some pigments issues.

Acelite has a green solid top in their existing range .. but the green is sort of light green .. not the brighter shade which we will like to have.

2893533963_618543f75c_o.jpg

Does anyone know of any other solid top brand that have green in their range? Or if there are any suppliers that are able to do color customisation?

Will be very grateful .. Thanks

:help::help::help::help::help::help:

Haiz .. heard from ID that the lime green solid top we wanted cannot be achieved ... At first, he told us can try to customize the color, so we chose a lime green laminate and told him to follow that color. But later was informed that there is some pigments issues.

Acelite has a green solid top in their existing range .. but the green is sort of light green .. not the brighter shade which we will like to have.

2893533963_618543f75c_o.jpg

Does anyone know of any other solid top brand that have green in their range? Or if there are any suppliers that are able to do color customisation?

Will be very grateful .. Thanks

seriously speaking, i haven seen any light green solid top. maybe u change to white solid top n btm green laminate instead. :(

this way, u can get de green tat u wan :dunno:

hi klipp klapp, since the lime green countertop is for the shoe cabinet top

why don't you just go for postform top?

much cheaper than solid surface and you can get the green you want

as long as it's not near extreme moisture or heat, postform tops can last for years :yamseng:

Hi mwerkz & applefreak,

Thanks for the advice. Will discuss with husband on these backup plans.

Applefreak,

If using postform, will there be a seamline at L joint, since my bartop surface is a L-shape?

How much does postform usually cost per feet? Good to have a rough idea, so that can gauge how much the ID should rebate if I opt for this option. Thanks :)

for postform, can ask your ID to do ABS trimming at the joint

just like for our cabinet doors like that

contractor can afford to give 10ft postform top free for kitchen cabinets

so you should roughly know how much your ID charge :notti:

Yeah :sport-smiley-004: Yesterday, ID finally showed me the customized solidtop that matches the laminate we chose ... :sport-smiley-018: The green house is saved hahaha

2926090026_ca78dcd537_o.jpg

I would say 95% match .. but have to pay extra for customisation though .....

Yeah :sport-smiley-004: Yesterday, ID finally showed me the customized solidtop that matches the laminate we chose ... :sport-smiley-018: The green house is saved hahaha

2926090026_ca78dcd537_o.jpg

I would say 95% match .. but have to pay extra for customisation though .....

Woohoo! at least 1 problem solved! :D

this one is really very close

worth to pay extra rather than live with something you don't like right? :notti:

Yepz I think is worth it, so agreed readily to the additional cost.. keke... and was smiling all the way after I was shown the sample :dancingqueen: ....

Woohoo! at least 1 problem solved! :D

Phew ... Hopefully all will be smooth sailing from now ... :yamseng: