Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
klipp-klapp

The Green House

Hi Hi,

my son loves your green stripes room ! would you mind sharing the quotes / brand of the paint? :)

thanks!

Hi Xvirusga,

The light green is Dulux- Aspen Leaf and the bright one is Nippon- Spring Green. :D we got the smallest can of paint ... cannot remember how much per can liaoz .. mabbe ard $15?? ..

My 4 rm flat is painted by my contractor - ~$1200. We asked the contractor to paint the wall with the lighter shade first and later we painted the darker stripes ourselves. The contractor finds it too troublesome to paint stripes and dun want to quote the job...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Aircon is up :)

Preparation for the aircon installation. Could have and should have done better though...

3467807827_bee2c30a57_o.jpg

Study room - Not much visible trunking.. but need to do some touch up and repainting.

The trunking on the left corner joins to the spare room besides it.

3468622012_c481cf408e_o.jpg

The spare room - The trunking goes out from the left corner to the corridor.

3468622140_2519a5edea_o.jpg

The corridor - The trunking then goes into the MBR.

3467807235_cf40958812_o.jpg

MBR - The place where it all merges and goes into the bathroom :D It's on the wall behind the door, not so bad.

3468620908_25632d662a_o.jpg

Apples,

You are welcome.True, one disadvantage abt having leather sofa is that when it is quite hot & humid, can feel that I am perspiring onto the sofa.. so have to clean and wipe it with warm water every week.

What's the color of the sofa u are getting? if getting white then have to be extra careful .. my white cushion gets a number of black fingerprints on it haha .. guess it's from the newspapers...

And thanks for your support..

Missed your posts somehow .. the colour of the sofa is not white .. though we would love to get it in white.

It is in a bit of a greyish tone (sorry my limited vocab cannot describe) :unsure:

Your aircon installation is very fast .. just in time for the recent hot weather :)

klipp-klapp, are your photos taken with a DSLR or Panasonic LX2/3 ?

The colors are so rich and nice, were they enhanced with saturation and contrast or was it direct from the camera?

Can let me know please? :D

Edited by Cloyn

These few weeks weather too hot... air con installation is very timely hahaha! :D

Very nice place you have... so green and cheery. Will look forward to going home everyday if i were you =)

Hubby and I also started to play Guitar Hero recently...super addictive.. hahah

Wow, you have a Happy looking house, I love all your green accessories.

I have the same Hippo too, but mine's purple. :D

May I ask which camera model are you using?

gongxi gongxi got air con le! :D air con is so impt these days!

Ashes02,

Yes .. very glad to have the aircon in this kind of weather....

Missed your posts somehow .. the colour of the sofa is not white .. though we would love to get it in white.

It is in a bit of a greyish tone (sorry my limited vocab cannot describe) :unsure:

Your aircon installation is very fast .. just in time for the recent hot weather :)

Apples,

Do share your sofa pics on your blog when your reno is done bah .. :D

klipp-klapp, are your photos taken with a DSLR or Panasonic LX2/3 ?

The colors are so rich and nice, were they enhanced with saturation and contrast or was it direct from the camera?

Can let me know please? :D

Cloyn,

The photos are taken with my digital camera, Panasonic Lumix FX7, not DSLR.

Actually the original colors not bad also, color enhanced for better effect. Uploaded an original photo for comparison.

3479407919_7c2fe58dae_o.jpg

Original photo

3434151662_82d50e7a8b_o.jpg

WHOA you survived the air con fixing process!! mm I wonder if I will also.... how long did it take for you to clean up?

Pinkpetter,

Yeah, survived! Took abt 2 day to clean up .. The installation starts from abt 10.30am to 7.00pm ... so priority is to clean up the MBR on the first day so that can sleep .. haa .. then the next day continue cleaning after work .. luckily my mom-in-law also helped with the cleaning up. Although need to clean up, still very glad to have the aircon .. :)

These few weeks weather too hot... air con installation is very timely hahaha! :D

Very nice place you have... so green and cheery. Will look forward to going home everyday if i were you =)

Hubby and I also started to play Guitar Hero recently...super addictive.. hahah

Flyingballoons,

Really addictive haa .. my next door neighbour also have a set, in fact i think neighbours staying below also playing.. can hear familiar songs from them especially during weekends...

Wow, you have a Happy looking house, I love all your green accessories.

I have the same Hippo too, but mine's purple. :D

May I ask which camera model are you using?

Lawry,

Thanks Thanks. :D

The hippo is very cute ... it used to be kept in a plastic bag under my hubby's bed when he is still at his parent's place. Now, it can finally see daylight liaoz at our home :D

I'm using Panasonic Lumix FX7 ...

Yes, rondy .. you are right ... have to clean up and touch up ..

Really should have install it during renovation...

But then I was thinking not to waste $$ cos I have survived on fan for so long liaoz at my old place.

The weather is very hot now so I decided to succumb to comfort haha :D

Cloyn,

The photos are taken with my digital camera, Panasonic Lumix FX7, not DSLR.

Actually the original colors not bad also, color enhanced for better effect. Uploaded an original photo for comparison.

Panasonic has good Lumix cameras, unfortunately all the latest Panasonic models are made in china.

Your house is generally very colorful and you capture them all at very good angles, not much enhancement needed really, but the saturation really brings out the colors. :D

OH MAN... now you really got me thinking about air con. mmm I really don't know how my mom will take to two days of cleaning. mm

I think do more in the preparation stage and cover all the the stuff with big plastic sheet well and the cleaning up will not be so bad... mine is a bit half-hearted and last minute with the newspapers haha ...

先苦后甜。。。 can enjoy the fruits of the labour after the cleaning up .. LOL

The aircon installers also helped to clean the debris and vacuum the floor but of cos the fine dust can only be removed with mopping.

Hi Klipp,

can u share your experience with Ideal Design Studio, hows their workmanship etc, I am thinking of approaching them. If you dun mind, can u pm me your quotation. many thanks.