Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Native02

Home Sweet Home At Strathmore Avenue

hi Native,

Where did u get your bathtub from, how long is it and how much? Does it include installation or did u get your contrator to install for you and how much does he charge for the bathtub installation? TIA m thinking of putting a bathtub in my 4 rm Flat but scare will b too cramped.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi Native,

Where did u get your bathtub from, how long is it and how much? Does it include installation or did u get your contrator to install for you and how much does he charge for the bathtub installation? TIA m thinking of putting a bathtub in my 4 rm Flat but scare will b too cramped.

I got it from www.sanseionline.com/.

Went around a lot to check out the price, and finally got an affordable one hehehe... contractor's price: $260 (see my signature). 1.4m long.

My contractor Ah Soon did all the installation, so not sure how much he charges for the bathtub itself, but I think it's very cheap.

You can ask your contractor if it's possible to install one.

Edited by Native02

wa so helpful! i added mine in, currently mine is the highest. /starting to think and think

what did u guys do huh..?

Probably you asked for a lot of things rite? :deal:

Hi all,

If you have any questions regarding renovation (this week), you may contact my hubby-to-be (Frank @93830241) directly, as I'm not very sure about a lot of renovation works. Reason is because he's in army now, so he can't reply your post or your PM prompty.

Once he's back, things will get back to normal :sport-smiley-004:

Hi can pm ah soon's address and contact no? I will be getting my keys in June....now looking for good and tight ID.

I have been inactive for quite a while as we are preparing for our wedding.

Recently I've received many bad comments about Ah Soon that it's very hard not to believe.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21215

So I hesitate to give out Ah Soon's number whenever I got PMed.

I blogged more about our Ah Soon here:

Ah Soon overrated? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Also, Jason has split from Ah Soon and is doing his own renovation projects...(he'll be doing reno for one of my friends)

Will be meeting up with Jason soon over coffee to "negotiate" for them, will blog about it later.

what???? Jason came out and do reno on his own???

I knew he resigned but I nv expect him to start on his own.

ahh?? Split to do his own reno biz? Not that i wanna be cynical, but i dun think Jason is 'there' yet lor..still far from uncle's standard. :unsure:

ahh?? Split to do his own reno biz? Not that i wanna be cynical, but i dun think Jason is 'there' yet lor..still far from uncle's standard. :unsure:

The fact is that Jason was the main guy who did everything for my renovation: from big things like co-ordination with the workers and giving advice, to small things like patching up here and there.

He was also the first one I met before I met Ah Soon (if you read my very first blog entry in blogspot) and I always feel very comfortable with him. My wife's father commented that Jason was a very skilled and experienced worker, hard-working and reponsible. Everytime her father pointed out something to be changed, he always listened and taught the workers how to do. Probably he needs to learn more about PM skills, so splitting from Ah Soon to manage his own project is a good move for his future. I don't have another house to give Jason a try, but I'll do if I have.

I like Ah Soon's price also, so I'm still keeping an eye on him, just in case my relatives + friends want to consider him for their renovation. But given the fact the I got so many bad comments about his flying aeroplane skill, I think I'll put Ah Soon in the waiting list.

I'm happy to bring a lot of business to Ah Soon. From being a contractor that no one heard of, he's now the hottest contractor in the forum .

From that reno experience, I find Jason not bad and always maintain good contact with him, so I just want to help him a bit. If he can prove he's capable, I'm happy to see he becomes one the of hottest contractors in the future :P

I highly recommended my friends to try Jason because they're in very tight budget like me last time, so one of them will start their reno soon. I'll keep you updated. :rolleyes:

Well, as promised, I'm back to update you guys about Jason. Of course I wouldn't try to help him if he wasn't the one who did my renovation. So there're some pros about Jason compared to other contractors:

1/ If you've seen my place as well as Ah Soon's past projects and are happy with the workmanship, you'll have it with Jason. He used to be Ah Soon's right hand and the main worker who did all the co-ordination work for my project. He's very good at carpentry work too.

2/ Timeline and response: If you experience delay or had to play aeroplane with other contractors, it's probably much better with Jason. He's just splitted from Ah Soon and started his own business (probably on the small scale first), so he was just like Ah Soon 1 year back when Ah Soon was not popular yet. So your project is likely to be completed on time.

3/ If you like Ah Soon's price because it's lower compared to other contractors, you can also enjoy good deals with Jason too. If you dare to take some risks (because you think Jason is not popular in the forum yet?), you're like me 1 year ago when I chose Ah Soon.

4/ Jason has HDB license for doing renovation.

Read my new blog entry about Jason here for more details, yah!

You can PM me for Jason's contact. :)

hahaha jason is so funny!! but i hope he seems to be better with remembering the client's needs cos he forgot my request so my tv console came out wrong. :/

hahaha jason is so funny!! but i hope he seems to be better with remembering the client's needs cos he forgot my request so my tv console came out wrong. :/

mm ya wish Jason all the best ba.. though I'm a little sad that two brothers have to be like that... but I hope he won't design other people's house to his own liking anymore... :P

Thanks a lot Native02. Have sent Jason the floor plan. I'll send him my requirements to get a quote from him. Some of the contractors I met make me feel that there's room for "hidden charge". Hope Jason can give me a better quote.

Well, as promised, I'm back to update you guys about Jason. Of course I wouldn't try to help him if he wasn't the one who did my renovation. So there're some pros about Jason compared to other contractors:

1/ If you've seen my place as well as Ah Soon's past projects and are happy with the workmanship, you'll have it with Jason. He used to be Ah Soon's right hand and the main worker who did all the co-ordination work for my project. He's very good at carpentry work too.

2/ Timeline and response: If you experience delay or had to play aeroplane with other contractors, it's probably much better with Jason. He's just splitted from Ah Soon and started his own business (probably on the small scale first), so he was just like Ah Soon 1 year back when Ah Soon was not popular yet. So your project is likely to be completed on time.

3/ If you like Ah Soon's price because it's lower compared to other contractors, you can also enjoy good deals with Jason too. If you dare to take some risks (because you think Jason is not popular in the forum yet?), you're like me 1 year ago when I chose Ah Soon.

4/ Jason has HDB license for doing renovation.

Read my new blog entry about Jason here for more details, yah!

You can PM me for Jason's contact. :)

Hi Frank & katy,

Good to know that we are now have more good choice. mind post me Jason's contact?

Just combed thru your blog and found that your kitchen using cement-edged kitchen cabinet , is this for the wet area ie washing basin? I am quite worry to use wood base for the wet area in the kitchen.

cheers!

Hi Frank & katy,

Good to know that we are now have more good choice. mind post me Jason's contact?

Just combed thru your blog and found that your kitchen using cement-edged kitchen cabinet , is this for the wet area ie washing basin? I am quite worry to use wood base for the wet area in the kitchen.

cheers!

PM-ed you! ;)

@pinkpetter and aubrey: Well, I didn't have the problems that you mentioned, but I note this down. If I meet him again when he does renovation for my friends, I'll let him know. I wish him a good start. I'm really sad for him because his big brother isn't happy about him resigning to do his own business. Haizzz!!! Perhaps our old pilot uncle Ah Soon is still unhappy about losing the "right hand".