Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Native02

Home Sweet Home At Strathmore Avenue

Hey NAtive02,

Cool.. finally your house is almost done.. :)

I have engaged Ah Soon as my contractor already, really thanks for your recommdation if i am not wrong, mine should be the last project he is taking up, he's sure busy! his hair looks messier each time i see him.. haha..

Is your kitchen laminate glossy? which colour did you use? I told ah soon i want the glossy laminate but he told me that it's going to be wavy so i unwilling choose the normal ones.. i m also going to do white for my kitchen, wardrobe.. etc.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey NAtive02,

Cool.. finally your house is almost done.. :)

I have engaged Ah Soon as my contractor already, really thanks for your recommdation if i am not wrong, mine should be the last project he is taking up, he's sure busy! his hair looks messier each time i see him.. haha..

Is your kitchen laminate glossy? which colour did you use? I told ah soon i want the glossy laminate but he told me that it's going to be wavy so i unwilling choose the normal ones.. i m also going to do white for my kitchen, wardrobe.. etc.

I think mine is glossy white (all my carpentry work is in this color), but actually i'm not so sure if it's glossy white ( i just see that it's white and shiny ehehe). I just chose it from the laminate books and give him the code, then he went to order it from the factory. So if you want something, you must show it to him and give him the right code. :deal:

Yah, he said he's under a lot of stress and pressure now :furious: because of too many projects at the same time. After some time, you'll know his schedule more. He's usually not in Singapore on Sat/Sun, and that's the only time he's not reachable. :rolleyes:

I like him for his kind and honest character. But I was angry about my wardrobe because he tried a new carpenter on me (There'll be some blog entries about his workers' mistakes :curse: ). He accepted his mistake, re-did my wardrobe and fired that carpenter already. So rest assure that he won't try to cheat you, but you have to check your renovation regularly because not all of his workers are skilled. :sport-smiley-003:

Hi Richman,

Cally was right about the price. And from what I know, there're no similar available units left around this area, unless you want to ballot for the Built-to-order exercise.

I saw your PM asking about contractor's contact, but sadly my dear Ah Soon (aka contractor) emphasized that he wouldn't take up more projects until Chinese New Year is over. He has in hands a lot of projects (most of them are from my recommendation) and he wouldn't want to commit to something that he can't deliver on time. It's because it costs him more manpower if a project is delayed. He still owes me a few small things. Hmmph! 8|

So if your house reno can wait until CNY or so, I'll recommend you to him, :dancingqueen: else I think you have to look for another contractor. :bangwall:

@To other forumers: please don't get mad if I don't reply your PMs for the above reasons. My contractor said he's too busy to receive so many calls that ask for quotation but he can't receive more project until CNY. Let me know if your renovation can wait for another 2 months, else ... :(

Hi Native02,

From my understanding, HDB will sell flats in batches. Hence there are still a few units left in that area. For instance, I was told for 4 room in blk 49, there still a unit on the #7 & #13 =) Can you email me the price list to my email at wolaiyeh@hotmail.com if you still have it? Thanks.

Sadly I can't wait until CNY, guess I have to try source for another contractor. Sigh. I saw your place quite well done up with a reasonable budget. I went to a few ID and was quoted quite high even for little things done.

Look forward to your open house and hopefully being your neighbours =)

Hi Redang, thanks! see you around! u jus started ur reno... and posted the permit at the lobby lift there?

Yup, just started last week - this is week 2. So exciting, apart from 'bleeding profusely' from reno, electricals, wedding, etc.

Keep me posted on how yours goes ya, Cally?

Sorry again Frankie! Btw, when are you going to invite us over?

Hi Native02,

From my understanding, HDB will sell flats in batches. Hence there are still a few units left in that area. For instance, I was told for 4 room in blk 49, there still a unit on the #7 & #13 =) Can you email me the price list to my email at wolaiyeh@hotmail.com if you still have it? Thanks.

Sadly I can't wait until CNY, guess I have to try source for another contractor. Sigh. I saw your place quite well done up with a reasonable budget. I went to a few ID and was quoted quite high even for little things done.

@Richman: I emailed you the list. It has a lot of remarks on those highly preferred flats because I did research on each of the potential flats. Also, it's not the completed list because we only compiled the list near the date we went down to choose a flat. So I only have the list of available flats at that point of time. Good luck and be our neighbor ya? :yamseng:

@Redang: not sure, cuz we haven't moved in yet. Moving slowly bit by bit. I'll announce the date once we're ready hehe. Btw, your house is soooooooooooooooooooooooo nicely renovated :dribble: , make me jealous :bangwall:

Hi Native02,

Hi Richman

Sorry, did not have the time to dig out the docs and scan to u yet. For reno, u can check out Patrick from Hoe Bee. His quotation is quite reasonable and my fren enaged his services and find him ok, no complaints like we always heard for contractors or IDs.

Mine reno price is on the high side ... so i dun recommend ... we enaged the ID coz can click with him and liked his practical recommendations... depends on what you looking for in ur reno.

The smallest bathtub is 1385. Brand is Sarah, about $200 odd dollars, less than $300.

Edited by Ami

Hi Native02/Cally,

Thanks you so much for the list. Do you have the 5 room list too?

Noted your suggestion on the reno. Hopefully I get my floor plan and keys soon so I can start too and be your neighbours. Hehe. Currently, I'm look at a unit in blk 48. It seem forfar height is quite a quiet place =)

Hi Cally,

Really sotong. I thought you and Native02 are a couple...ops...thought the C for KFC stands for Cally..haha....Anyway, seem your reno also mostly done....will camp for more pics..cheers

Native02,

Saw your blog, your reno almost done too, can move it liao..envy...hehe

Hi Cally,

Really sotong. I thought you and Native02 are a couple...ops...thought the C for KFC stands for Cally..haha....Anyway, seem your reno also mostly done....will camp for more pics..cheers

Native02,

Saw your blog, your reno almost done too, can move it liao..envy...hehe

Hi Richman

:o its ok .. i guessed u are a bit blur :wacko: in the threads... ;)

anyway, do not have the info for 5-rm .. but think quite a few 5 rm flats still available and same as Native02, think the 4 rms are all taken up ...

Hi Cally,

Yup cos quite sotong, cos been following this thread and Redang address a message to you..haha

Was surprise there still so many units available in this area. Fyi, I know for 4 rooms Blk 49, #07-215 & #13-215 are still available..i went to check it out 2 weeks back...the 13th floor is opposite an indian family, there a photo on top of their front door, shoes alot etc...same for 7th floor, shoes and cabinets etc on the empty units.....hopes u hv gd neighbours =)

Do you still have the price list from the balloting exercise? Is your open house still on? Cos most probably I'm getting a unit there too. Cheers. =)

Hi Richman.. i rem the price for 4rm then is about 360k (low floor) and plus 2k for every additional floor. for 5rm ... is about 450k for low floor. (low floor means 5th floor & below).

Detailed price list .. my lao gong still have it. We will scan it and email to you. Ur email add?

sorry, my house not done yet ... done half way... u can take a peep at http://sbnlf.blogspot.com/

Hi Cally, can you pm me ur ID and the pricing thanks?

Hi Cally,

Yup cos quite sotong, cos been following this thread and Redang address a message to you..haha

Was surprise there still so many units available in this area. Fyi, I know for 4 rooms Blk 49, #07-215 & #13-215 are still available..i went to check it out 2 weeks back...the 13th floor is opposite an indian family, there a photo on top of their front door, shoes alot etc...same for 7th floor, shoes and cabinets etc on the empty units.....hopes u hv gd neighbours =)

cool... din noe that! take the 7th floor .. opposite the indian family like weird .. a photo on top of their door...? or be my neighbour lah. my opposite 5rm still vacant ... :D

cool... din noe that! take the 7th floor .. opposite the indian family like weird .. a photo on top of their door...? or be my neighbour lah. my opposite 5rm still vacant ... :D

Yeah, u can check it out. See the 13th floor, I really sian half...cos you can see from outside, the indian family quite messy and inconsiderate. There even a sticker of Cisco on the door or something of that sort. The 7th flloor also not too good, when I went there the door was open and the tv quite loud. Seem big family, alot of shoes too and rack placed at the empty unit too.

Can tell me the blk and full unit number of the 5 room?...haha...Won't mind being your neighbour, as you all seem nice people =).....i was told there isn't anymore 5 room except 1 =(

Edited by richman