Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Northwest Interior Nw

hey, I just went to NW yesterday after seeing thier promotion in the papers...

Decided to actually do a research on them here.

They r one of the cheapest.

I met Jim from Tradehub21..Any feedbacks?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

just went to NW and talk to the ID

sounded quite experienced but still yet to decide

waiting for the quotation and see how...

anymore comments from anyone?

just went to NW and talk to the ID

sounded quite experienced but still yet to decide

waiting for the quotation and see how...

anymore comments from anyone?

Hi,

I went down before 5pm too and met up with one of the ID. His name is D*** K**. My experience is total different. He dun sounds confident and din portray to be experienced.

Thanks

Hi,

I went down before 5pm too and met up with one of the ID. His name is D*** K**. My experience is total different. He dun sounds confident and din portray to be experienced.

Thanks

Hi Ziyter,

I went down to NW today too. May have seen you there just now. Haha.. Anyway, I spoke to this really young chap and he told me that he will get back to me with the quotation and layout next week. Let's see how that pans out.

I'm new to the forum, as I only started looking for ID TODAY. Hahaha.

Guest Armano
Hi,

Thanks

Hi, are you refering to Derek? My ID is Derek and he has done a great job for me.

Overall his quotes is reasonable as compared to the rest and the design is practical.

If you are thinking of saving for renovation, you can look for him. Design wise will not be very fanciful if you are low on budget but price wise, its definitely better than other ID firms. I consulted at least 7 (IDs plus contractors) before taking up his service.

In fact, he has attended to my numerous changes and queries and seriously my wife and I are very particular on how things are done.

My place is in AMK and I am really pleased with his service so far. :-)

Hi Ziyter,

I went down to NW today too. May have seen you there just now. Haha.. Anyway, I spoke to this really young chap and he told me that he will get back to me with the quotation and layout next week. Let's see how that pans out.

I'm new to the forum, as I only started looking for ID TODAY. Hahaha.

Hi Boatman,

hahaha ....maybe i guess. Saw a couple sitting near entrance discussing. Anyway they replied me with the quote. Minus 3 item which i can leave out, their 1st quote i feel is consider average. A few item i think over-charged. After my own computation of acceptance price, i think can cut $3-4k.

Anyway I started looking for contractor and ID since last Oct, but stop during Dec and Jan due to travel. So far has got 6, ID and one contractor. To my surprise, Contractor can be charging higher. I wana find a reasonable one and start work soon, but not willing to pay excess.

thanks

seems like most of their ID are quite inexperience... i spend 1hr talking to Exxx in NW Tradehub21... seems like he had done only 2 project or maybe only 2 project can show to customer....

after talking to them, we walk over to the other ID just beside them... 2Form... the lady tat serve us initally very tao... but she is down to the point.. very practical... took 1/2 hr to complete the sale pitch given by NW.

So far, on surface package... NW got some gimmick lah... their free gift value is add on to the package price...

seems like most of their ID are quite inexperience... i spend 1hr talking to Exxx in NW Tradehub21... seems like he had done only 2 project or maybe only 2 project can show to customer....

after talking to them, we walk over to the other ID just beside them... 2Form... the lady tat serve us initally very tao... but she is down to the point.. very practical... took 1/2 hr to complete the sale pitch given by NW.

So far, on surface package... NW got some gimmick lah... their free gift value is add on to the package price...

very pek chik ( correct me if im wrong) finding the IDs lei..I want to engage NW but when i wanted to I read so many bad comments. My ID was Jim, he was prompt providing me quotation...but after the company trip, he din do any follow up with me..Haiz..its so tiring lei...

Hi all,

my previous posting on this ID firm didn't get a pass.

riding on this thread, i hope to share my experience with this ID firm.

to start my story, i would like to emphasize that: do not go with this firm unless you are certain you can handle them

i chosen this ID firm because of price and also the ID is very accomodating and enthusiastic.

well, i was quite wrong, after signing on the dotted line.

it seems like everything that was a yes before became can't help it, it's like that. on top of that, i realize that my ID was merely a contractor as he didn't have any input in setting my new home. all ideas came from me and my wife.

to summarize my lousy experience:

1) my home was delayed for one month before i moved into the house with the house at 80% completion.

2) I gave up on the remaining 20% work as i am physically in the house and furniture is all in place

3) the house is not in move in condition as it is dirty and cable tv wrongly connected, instant water heater not working

4) i have to sought the 3) above myself as the whole NW is in Thailand having fun with my $ for their company trip

5) as i moved in, i realized that quality of work is at 40% if 100% is the full mark. they failed miserably. the workers put up broken tiles onto my wall. they use rusted screws for my toilet accessories. the clay in between tiles are all over the place instead of in between the tiles.

6) minor things that a ID should know what to do without saying, i had to remind him god rememebers how many times before it's done.

7) to date, coming to the 2nd month from the promised completion date, there are still pending things that he yet to complete.

8) he tried to cover up his mistakes by saying it's hdb's ruling, of course i realised it's not later on, but nothing can be done.

9) to date, my flooring (although all are new tiles) looks like a contrustruction site with patches of paints and dust everywhere.

10) renovation waste is still sitting outside my house, not taken care of yet (and it's almost 2nd month already)

it's a capitalized UNSATISTIFIED if you asked me about them.

Hi all,

to start my story, i would like to emphasize that: do not go with this firm unless you are certain you can handle them

i chosen this ID firm because of price and also the ID is very accomodating and enthusiastic.

it seems like everything that was a yes before became can't help it, it's like that. on top of that, i realize that my ID was merely a contractor as he didn't have any input in setting my new home. all ideas came from me and my wife.

1) my home was delayed for one month before i moved into the house with the house at 80% completion.

2) I gave up on the remaining 20% work as i am physically in the house and furniture is all in place

3) the house is not in move in condition as it is dirty and cable tv wrongly connected, instant water heater not working

4) i have to sought the 3) above myself as the whole NW is in Thailand having fun with my $ for their company trip

5) as i moved in, i realized that quality of work is at 40% if 100% is the full mark. they failed miserably. the workers put up broken tiles onto my wall. they use rusted screws for my toilet accessories. the clay in between tiles are all over the place instead of in between the tiles.

6) minor things that a ID should know what to do without saying, i had to remind him god rememebers how many times before it's done.

7) to date, coming to the 2nd month from the promised completion date, there are still pending things that he yet to complete.

8) he tried to cover up his mistakes by saying it's hdb's ruling, of course i realised it's not later on, but nothing can be done.

9) to date, my flooring (although all are new tiles) looks like a contrustruction site with patches of paints and dust everywhere.

10) renovation waste is still sitting outside my house, not taken care of yet (and it's almost 2nd month already)

I feel sorry for you but as owners, we should not be too trusting with contractors.

I did not use NWI. However, their company men came over to my house to do the demolition work. Many IDs & Contractors tend to share resources by sub-contracting jobs when they do not have the expertise or manpower to handle the workload. I did not question my ID about NWI because I knew that's how they work. They always say it is their own people when it is not.

Anyway, it's a tough job hacking tiles/bricks and removing the debris. I never fail to give each man from NWI I see working, $10, as a reward for a hard day's work so that they can buy dinner or a beer. They appreciate my generousity and do a good job. Other than demolition and cleaning work, the remainder of my reno works were by other agencies.

Hi all,

Hi tchinlai,

is your ID from Jurong or Macpherson branch? Care to share his name?

Hi everyone,

I'll be meeting Eric @ Tradehub21 on friday evening..

Hope the meeting will be beneficial, judging from all the negative comments on NW..

Feel abit scared scared already..

I feel sorry for you but as owners, we should not be too trusting with contractors.

I did not use NWI. However, their company men came over to my house to do the demolition work. Many IDs & Contractors tend to share resources by sub-contracting jobs when they do not have the expertise or manpower to handle the workload. I did not question my ID about NWI because I knew that's how they work. They always say it is their own people when it is not.

Anyway, it's a tough job hacking tiles/bricks and removing the debris. I never fail to give each man from NWI I see working, $10, as a reward for a hard day's work so that they can buy dinner or a beer. They appreciate my generousity and do a good job. Other than demolition and cleaning work, the remainder of my reno works were by other agencies.

I bought them lunch too...unfortunately still ****ty quality of work

Hi everyone,

I'll be meeting Eric @ Tradehub21 on friday evening..

Hope the meeting will be beneficial, judging from all the negative comments on NW..

Feel abit scared scared already..

Wowo.. Louis... I tink you must be thinking the same as I thought previosuly, i.e. after all the negative comments, still proceed to sign up with NW... anyway I think they r handing over my house to me end of this week or next week.

Wowo.. Louis... I tink you must be thinking the same as I thought previosuly, i.e. after all the negative comments, still proceed to sign up with NW... anyway I think they r handing over my house to me end of this week or next week.

Hi Twinturbo22, im new in forum and currently engage NW for renovation quote, after see all yours comment abit scare now, but still considering them, as my ID service and their price are the best so far (doesn't mean lowest in market) , so do you mind to share your photo of the thing they done? (With appreciate) :dribble:

Cheers