Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Topline

Procedure For Condo Collection

Hi,

I'm a newbie condo buyer. My condo is still under construction and i bought it through a sub-sale. Can i check what is the process like until TOP?

For example:

- would i only hear from the developer when its time to collect keys? would they ask you to select colours etc?

- what if i want to do some changes, like replace floor tiles? can i ask the developer to change or at least not too lay theirs to avoid having to knock them out later? or i have no choice but till wait till key collection (by then, they would have laid already...)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Why don't you call the developer and see how far you can customise your property?

Sometimes they may even accommodate your contractors to go in and do works before handing over, so that you don't have to wait too long.

Asking them not to do certain works (eg u mentioned not to lay the tiles) is usually ok, cuz can save money of cuz they will try to accommodate!

Why don't you call the developer and see how far you can customise your property?

Sometimes they may even accommodate your contractors to go in and do works before handing over, so that you don't have to wait too long.

Asking them not to do certain works (eg u mentioned not to lay the tiles) is usually ok, cuz can save money of cuz they will try to accommodate!

Is there a certain stage of construction before i can call them?

Erm, what's wrong with calling now and ask when?

The onus of this is on the developer/contractor themselves, whether they want to provide such extra mile service. Some kiasee ones may fear complications in future, like you regret your choice and hold it against them to rectify the works, etc. Others may just detest the bothersome paperwork and don't entertain.

So you won't know unless you call and ask, right?

Developer lawyer will inform your lawyer on procedure to collect key. Key collection appt made only after payment of 6 mth maintenance fee+ 50% of final survey fees.

Replacing floor tile not industry norm. Not lay also not advisable. Normally floor tile laid first then do the room timber strips. If dun lay the living room tile, then no guarantee the various room timber strip level will match your new tile level. U can grind wood to match tile level, u cannot grind tile to match wood level.

I am not saying it cannot be done, but the effort involved will be tremendous till not worth anyone's time.

selection of colors is normally done during the sales stage. When you made the downpayment, they would have already ask you what kind of colors and materials that you want.

as for collection, upon TOP, they will contact your lawyer as what yoongf said. But the wait can be quite long if your condo has got many units as they will hand out the keys in batches. I remembered that for my condo, it took more more than 8 weeks after TOP to get the keys while some neighbouring blocks got it earlier

selection of colors is normally done during the sales stage. When you made the downpayment, they would have already ask you what kind of colors and materials that you want.

as for collection, upon TOP, they will contact your lawyer as what yoongf said. But the wait can be quite long if your condo has got many units as they will hand out the keys in batches. I remembered that for my condo, it took more more than 8 weeks after TOP to get the keys while some neighbouring blocks got it earlier

We bought our condomium not through subsale and we actually informed them when we sign the option to purchase what are the changes that we want eg replacing an extra door in one of the rooms to a full height window and change the wall tiles of the toilets to brown colour.

Subsequentlt the developer also called us during the construction whether we wanted to change the one of the sides of the toilet wall tiles to matt or shiny.

But since floor tiles would be laid very early during the construction phase, I would suggest that you let them know asap.

:)

Developer lawyer will inform your lawyer on procedure to collect key. Key collection appt made only after payment of 6 mth maintenance fee+ 50% of final survey fees.

Replacing floor tile not industry norm. Not lay also not advisable. Normally floor tile laid first then do the room timber strips. If dun lay the living room tile, then no guarantee the various room timber strip level will match your new tile level. U can grind wood to match tile level, u cannot grind tile to match wood level.

I am not saying it cannot be done, but the effort involved will be tremendous till not worth anyone's time.

Hi may i know how much is the total survey fees