Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
esther ng

Dennis & Esther ~~ Home Sweet Home

Halo everyone! Just figured out how to set up this reno blog... heehee...

Collected keys on 8 Sept 08, but carried out the checks only on 14 sept and submitted a whole list of defects to HDB. :bleah:

Just some photos of the defects to keep the ball rolling....

Hollow parq all over in the 3 bedrooms:

2P1010648.jpg

2P1010668.jpg

2P1010679.jpg

Hollow walls & cracks:

2P1010652.jpg

Rusty/old towel hanger

2P1010655.jpg

Rust stain on sink

2P1010657.jpg

Corroded waterproofing of shower screen (the rubber is sticky already)

2P1010658.jpg

Hollow tiles in living

2P1010688.jpg

Kitchen tiles: hollow + long crack (marked by the cross)

2P1010691.jpg

Kitchen floor tiles: hollow + with paint marks

2P1010692.jpg

These are just a summary of the defects we found... Haiz.. guess its cos the flats here were left vacant for so long... the officers say the hollow parq is cos of expansion & contraction and the windows were closed..

To rectify, the officer say they will use injection method to treat the larger affected areas. This method does not treat the smaller patches..... :curse:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Went up to the house to check on HDB's rectifying progress on 28 sept... and the following were done. Pretty massive works in progress................

Hollow walls were hacked

2P1010781.jpg

2P1010782.jpg

2P1010786.jpg

2P1010787.jpg

All parquet flooring hacked to make space for new ones.... HDB contractor called me a few days later after i submit the defect list and confirmed that there were too many hollow parq... so they have to hack and re-lay but will take 2 mths plus cos they out-source the parq work to another firm.... Is this true?? 2 mths plus seems too long!!!

Flooring hacked:

2P1010789.jpg

2P1010790.jpg

Kitchen tiles hacked:

2P1010792.jpg

Have u reported ur defects? actually i think they are quite fast (maybe not as slow as i imagined)! LOL. Within a short while, they hacked the hollow walls and parq le... just that they say the parq will take 2 mths plus!!

Latest on 2nd Oct:

They patched up the wall already.

2P1010793.jpg

2P1010794.jpg

Kitchen tiles up already

2P1010795.jpg

1st row's tile at entrance changed

2P1010796.jpg

new homo tile **** (look at the white grout. from afar, u already know its a new tile)

2P1010802.jpg

"beautiful grout" which they refuse to re-do for me.

2P1010804.jpg

these 2 times i dropped by were at night and i only have a small lamp there. so i can only see the things they do, but i cant really check whether they did a good job. Will have to find a weekend to go down and check. heehee.

Edited by esther ng

Wah. You have patience. I gave up waiting for HDB rectification cos even after their "rectification" I am still not satisfied. I even told them that my company workers can do a better job than them.

I am hoping to only stay at my present place for 5 years max. Looking for a new apartment....

Wah. You have patience. I gave up waiting for HDB rectification cos even after their "rectification" I am still not satisfied. I even told them that my company workers can do a better job than them.

I am hoping to only stay at my present place for 5 years max. Looking for a new apartment....

really ar... their work is so bad? guess i will know in no time...

my parq really hollow till i :jawdrop: . so when they say can re-do everything, i just let them do lor. But i will push them one. 2 mths plus is abit too much.

anyway i will only officially move in in may/june next year. hehe.. so i calculated, still have time to let them do the parq lorx... :sport-smiley-004:

Have u reported ur defects? actually i think they are quite fast (maybe not as slow as i imagined)! LOL. Within a short while, they hacked the hollow walls and parq le... just that they say the parq will take 2 mths plus!!

Reported 3 times in six months :fire::fire:

Gotten my keys in March but not in a hurry to move in so ask them to do the rectifications but like what NiVlek said their works like :jawdrop::jawdrop: and when they finished the works, they dun even inform you. 8|8|

If you dun call them, they can take their time to return your keys. :furious:

Given up le....wait till i take the pics of the latest work done by them...

the BSC is real bully ! what you dont complain .. they will try to "jiak" you !

sianz ... getting my cracked main door changed need 6 mths ? need to go africa to chop the wood then fly to mexico to fabricate then fly to japan for finishing and the fly to china before transport back to singapore?

.. spam chop abit while waiting you pics to be loaded haha =D

EDIT : omg.. you really put alot of effort knock every single part of it :fire:

Edited by junxian

EDIT : omg.. you really put alot of effort knock every single part of it :fire:

hehe.... not me... i very lazy...

i got a friend doing civil engineering... so i got "expertise help" LOL......

she come with a "metal stick" and just knock knock pock pock and tada....

even the blue stickers are provided by my fren.... :dancingqueen:

Talking abt MAIN DOORS....Just changed the door in August. Guess what, after 2 months i got free new 'designs' on them :furious::furious::fire::fire:

But then again the officer did warn me abt the door, that it will crack due to diff temp, humidity from where they were manufactured. :jawdrop::jawdrop:

hehe.... not me... i very lazy...

i got a friend doing civil engineering... so i got "expertise help" LOL......

she come with a "metal stick" and just knock knock pock pock and tada....

even the blue stickers are provided by my fren.... :dancingqueen:

Can ask your friend to help us knock too? :notti::notti:

:P:P Jus Joking :P:P

Talking abt MAIN DOORS....Just changed the door in August. Guess what, after 2 months i got free new 'designs' on them :furious::furious::fire::fire:

But then again the officer did warn me abt the door, that it will crack due to diff temp, humidity from where they were manufactured. :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Can ask your friend to help us knock too? :notti::notti:

:P:P Jus Joking :P:P

from i was told, HDB main doors are premium door... but the price pushed till very low.. so compromise on quality... :furious: good material , bad workmanship... worse combi

My main door got long crack lines too.. But i think they are only gg to sandpaper & vanish... Erm...

Dunno y my unit is so bad... I can borrow the stick from my fren and u can use to knock knock... just a metal stick with a ball at the end... wahaha... PM me lorx... I must really find time to go down and take a look.. drop by twice at night so pitch dark tat i cant see on site too. only can take the pic with camera flash...

Tot our this estate got dunno wat award for the workmanship last time when it finished building... Dunno y so poor quality... chey...

My main door got long crack lines too.. But i think they are only gg to sandpaper & vanish... Erm...

Dunno y my unit is so bad... I can borrow the stick from my fren and u can use to knock knock... just a metal stick with a ball at the end... wahaha... PM me lorx... I must really find time to go down and take a look.. drop by twice at night so pitch dark tat i cant see on site too. only can take the pic with camera flash...

Tot our this estate got dunno wat award for the workmanship last time when it finished building... Dunno y so poor quality... chey...

I just confirmed with the bsc... my door only coming in Dec 8| I think you should request for a change too.. afterall is the main door :unsure:

I just confirmed with the bsc... my door only coming in Dec 8| I think you should request for a change too.. afterall is the main door :unsure:

Heard that BSC moving out in Nov, better ask them to rectify any other problems asap if not got to wait again.... :fire::fire:

HEEHEEHEE... :rofl: thanks for the offer. But already given up on BSC le. Ask them do grouting, they ask u go mop a few times will be clean :bangwall: Think better concentrate on finding ID/ Contractor n Reno house ba.