Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blursotong

Door Alarm (to Detect Door Opening)

Hi folks,

I've been to Home-Fix and saw that they have this door alarm/chime that will sound continuously when the door is open. It consists of 2 pieces joint magnetically - 1 piece fixed on door, the other fixed on door frame.

However, I find the continuous sound a little too much, because the door may be opened for valid reasons. Preferably it can chime once - stop, and then chime again if the door is still open.

Any idea where to find something like this?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

if the door open for valid reason....u can off the alarm..and on it again..says when u go to bed...

that is what an alarm is for mah...

for what purpose you want it to chime? or are you looking for an alarm system. Those you see/hear in retail stores are chime that get triggered when you have walk in customer.

There are also those very basic alarm system that is really one magnet and the other is a keypad. You have an option to "on" or "off" the alarm, if you arm it, when the door opens, you have a few seconds to key in the access pin to disarm it, oterwise, cover your ears. :notti:

Hi folks,

I've been to Home-Fix and saw that they have this door alarm/chime that will sound continuously when the door is open. It consists of 2 pieces joint magnetically - 1 piece fixed on door, the other fixed on door frame.

However, I find the continuous sound a little too much, because the door may be opened for valid reasons. Preferably it can chime once - stop, and then chime again if the door is still open.

Any idea where to find something like this?

sorry, didn't give more information earlier.

It's meant more as an exit alarm rather than entry alarm. Don't need to be so complicated like those with keypad.

More of just in case a particular family member should open the door and leave the house unaccompanied.

Need only basic type but hopefully the chime can be adjusted, volume-wise and in terms of type.

Turning off the alarm is not an option.