Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kyarx

Our Very Own Home

Anyway long story short, we grudgingly decided to let the contractor finish the job even though it is MOST probably a wrong decision again. The word "sorry" just disarmed me.. And rather than getting to know someone new all over, at least we know him inside out and can anticipate his crap. Hopefully the reno would be fine when we returned from holiday on the 10 Dec. :unsure:

mm you will away... enjoy your vacation k? At least take your mind off all these a bit. :)

eating the humble pie might be a sign that things will improve from now on

won't say it's a wrong decision

just a practical way of resolving this issue

unless you want to go through the search-decide-confirm phase again, with no guarantee that things will go smoothly

jia you jia you :sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003:

Agree with this... picking a new guy might not guarantee things will go smoothly so you made the better decision for now. just hope he will do things properly liao.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
:thumbs up: Thanks for the PMs everyone. Really touched by all the concerns and replies. :)

Today I met up with the contractor intending to settle the balance. Opened my door and to our biggest surprises the rooms have been laminated(Supreme)! I have wanted to only laminate after painting since that will be alot more convienience to us. Moreover we are still deciding if we wanted to lay the rubber underlay and also need to confirm the actual measurement for the rooms(estimation when signed). So when I told my contractor on Tuesday to stop ALL work, I would not expect him to ask Supreme to lay the flooring on Friday! :curse: Called Supreme's salesperson and gave him a F piece of my mind too! What in the world is happening?! Told him to remove everything right away. :bangwall: But it gave us a preview of their workmanship..it was terrible!

Now to the best part, my contractor came and boy was he eating the humble pie today. Kept reassuring us that he will settle the false ceiling with the FS's boss and suggested 2 solutions. I asked if they have met on Friday as he promised on Wednesday and answer is NO. Claimed the boss is BUSY. OMG...that really set me off. Questioned him then am I so free to keep coming down to solve this stupid ceiling problem!? Asked to speak to the boss(in KL), my contractor called and passed the phone to me... initially I was okay and wanted to know how they gonna solve my slanted ceiling...then he said: "this is our STANDARD practice to measure PING SUI(evenness)". My last fuse really blowned at that word STANDARD! F him and asked him so WHAT if we wanted a slanted false ceiling so that we can balance the look? We paid 1/2 a mil and waited >2 yrs so that your people can build a slanted ceiling?! The rest are too ugly to write here... :bangwall: In so many years, I can't remember losing my cool in this way. I hope never again.

My contractor went on to say how other owners had compained to him about the supervisor and how upset he is with the supervisor working attitude. Then claimed that he gonna sack the fellow on Monday and he will personally supervise our reno. This was exactly what we specifically agreed upon before signing...back to square one.

Anyway long story short, we grudgingly decided to let the contractor finish the job even though it is MOST probably a wrong decision again. The word "sorry" just disarmed me.. And rather than getting to know someone new all over, at least we know him inside out and can anticipate his crap. Hopefully the reno would be fine when we returned from holiday on the 10 Dec. :unsure:

we had went thru the exact same situation as u... the same consideration went thru our head... in the end, we're still 'struggling' with the ID boss...

all i can conclude is it's really dependant on the person in charge of ur project... n in turn, the only word left is 'luck'... best of luck to u!

aiyoh... so scary...let's hope he'll behave after the last meeting. should broadcase his company's name big big!! so that no one will dare to go to him anymore!

Just do an update after the coming back from a 2weeks holiday.

We arrived back to SG anxiously anticipating that the kitchen and bomb shelter to be up..but it wasn't much to our shock. Thought that we had made it clear and the contractor assured us no problem. And when I called to ask why no progression, here's the reply:"Oh, I would have forgetten to remind them(carpenters) if u didn't called..anyway better that you are around when we build it" Walau vomit blood! We had at least 3 meetings talking how the capentry should be inorder to avoid this and yet it happened. In the end, the carpentry went up without any further consultation anyway.

However, the problematic false ceiling was partially removed and redone much to our surprise.

Bomb shelter up.A few minor problems which were rectified quickly. But the magnet door spoiled less than a week after installation...waiting for repair..zz

t_123m_3f60bb3.jpg

Laminated flooring was up (to our shock), we asked Supreme to remove it as planned to paint the rooms first and considering if wanna install the rubber mat too. In the end, it was removed and reinstalled after paint job done. 2nd installation workmanship was also better after we gave feedback to the salesperson.

t_456m_fa8646b.jpg

Kitchen up. Again some minor problems including different sizes of glass cabinet doors. We decided to let it go since it didn't look too off. Realised they gave us soft closing and wider opening hinges which are definitely nice.

t_67m_8667b27.jpg

The reno is finally finishing, only 2 outstanding items to go! YES!

Edited by kyarx