Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
priyalok

Rainshower With Instant Heater

Hi can i know where did you buy the rainshower head from? Does it come with the handshower too? How much you're paying? I'm thinking of getting something like your 1st pic.

Thks!

the last time (abt 1 1/2 years ago ;) ) i went poh joo, they hv quite a few type, round, square, big, medium, small etc. with different prices but you hv to ask them coz not all are install as demo for ppl to see. duno now if its still the same?

i hv these rain shower sets install at both my toilets. both come with shower rose, mixer and handshower set. 1 shower rose is the round one that look exactly like Bluefly's, the other 1 look like those retro type which is call the bell shower rose (you can find from their website). both r genova brand. so far being using them lots of time and its still quite gd, no problm with pressure, water coming out from all holes and hot/cold water issues (btw im at mid level of a 16 sty flat). no problm with pipe issues also. i hv install a storage heater at hm, but duno if can work with instant heater for this...

u can check their website for their products and also to view as sample to get an idea of what u want. my reno contractor is their boss friend, so i was able to get at gd rate and also that time juz nice got promotion. u can go to their showroom to see their demo set, sometime they got promotion. their product r made in taiwan and china.

http://www.genova.com.sg/?p=productsList&a...ain-Shower-Rose

so far our experience is gd, juz like when u go to swimming pool or country club's toilet where they hv this type of rain shower rose.

hope it helps.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jstar_closet:

Thank you for visiting my blog.

In response to your question,

a. I got the rain shower head and arm from Poh Joo after visiting several other shops.

b. I paid $110 for the rain shower head (PJ 801 shohwer rose) and $35 for the arm (45 cm concil shower arm).

Some consideration when choosing your rain shower head :

Is the head made of metallic-coated plastic, stainless steel or brass? I opted for brass because I dislike having to change and repair if the rain shower head spoil in future. As you know, those with plastic metallic paint are light and tend to corrode over time, just like door knobs. Repair costs are not cheap, so altho more expensive it is better to buy brass from the outset because in the long run it is indeed cheaper ! In my last home I have brass shower heads that practically never needed replacement (over 20 yrs) whereas I replaced my handshower (made of plastic) every few years. Also, to get a good "shower" effect, ensure your plumber install the rain shower rose quite high up the wall, preferably as high as possible.

You can get an attached handshower head but that means you have to place the support holder for the handshower on the wall. In my case I did not get the handshower head because I wanted a concealed and clean look, and to have a head holder on the wall will spoil the look. Also, you can attach a handshower head only if your rain shower unit is connected to a hot-water tank as source. In my case I enjoy cold showers just like in the rain...so I don't connect a hot-water tank to my rain shower unit.

Besides, I also decided to install a separate instant hot-water shower in the same bathroom! So I have the best of both worlds. Especially as this month is a very hot month, I shower using the rain shower unit, and it is really c-o-o-l. Other times, when the weather is chilly, I use the instant hot-water shower unit from Panasonic.

You can see all these photos on my blog. :paint:

Edited by BlueFly