Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
priyalok

Rainshower With Instant Heater

Can't decide WHETHER to have rain shower with hot water storage tank (with messy hot and cold water pipeline all over) OR use instant heater for neat piping, economy, and to avoid waiting for water to heat up in storage tank?

Actually, why not have both in one bathroom? We don't have the luxury of 2 or more bathrooms, and so decided to install both rain shower and instant heater in the single bathroom that came with the 4R hdb flat built in 1982.

We now use the rain shower for that cold, refreshing shower on a hot day, and sometimes use the hot instant shower for those cold days. :yamseng:

Rain shower on one bathroom wall:

DSC_8002.jpg

Instant heater on opposite bathroom wall:

DSC_8133.jpg

Edited by BlueFly

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks, guys -- actually it was a simple solution to a knotty problem.

I had already bought the rain shower head and fittings, as well as ordered a Rinnai gas water heater to be installed in the kitchen. The large Rinnai heater would provide hot water to the bathroom, kitchen sink, and washing machine.

Problem was, there was no way I could run the criss-crossing hot and cold water pipelines nicely. And I had to knock a 2-inch hole in the kitchen wall to exhaust the fumes from the Rinnai heater. In the end I decided to abort the plan, return the Rinnai heater and install an instant water heater for hot showers, leaving the rainshower for cold refreshing showers on hot days.

So far the 2 showers have served us well. :yamseng:

i bought a joven and don't need to wait for 15 min that long for the water to get heated up.

BTW..do you 'll really use hot water for washing machine?

i bought a joven and don't need to wait for 15 min that long for the water to get heated up.

BTW..do you 'll really use hot water for washing machine?

Yes, our first washer was a Thomson Vedette that came with a built-in water heater. And the clothes washed really clean. Hot water is better for army uniforms and those heavily soiled clothes, but cold wash is just as effective for ordinary office clothes and casual wear.

hi, so did anyone manage to install rainshower with instant heater? I'm thinking of installing a rainshower too, but even now, with the instant heater/shower, the pressure is v low. stay high flr at punggol.

hi, so did anyone manage to install rainshower with instant heater? I'm thinking of installing a rainshower too, but even now, with the instant heater/shower, the pressure is v low. stay high flr at punggol.

me also punggol high floor...want to get rain shower...but i think..if u want rain shower...sure can...just use cold water lor. anyway...rainwater is cold one.

Hi can i know where did you buy the rainshower head from? Does it come with the handshower too? How much you're paying? I'm thinking of getting something like your 1st pic.

Thks!

Can't decide WHETHER to have rain shower with hot water storage tank (with messy hot and cold water pipeline all over) OR use instant heater for neat piping, economy, and to avoid waiting for water to heat up in storage tank?

Actually, why not have both in one bathroom? We don't have the luxury of 2 or more bathrooms, and so decided to install both rain shower and instant heater in the single bathroom that came with the 4R hdb flat built in 1982.

We now use the rain shower for that cold, refreshing shower on a hot day, and sometimes use the hot instant shower for those cold days. :yamseng:

Rain shower on one bathroom wall:

DSC_8002.jpg

Instant heater on opposite bathroom wall:

DSC_8133.jpg