Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pooh_75

Horrible Customer Service - Samsung Customer Care

Horrendous customer service of Samsung Contact Centre - My experience

Please avoid purchasing any Samsung products as the service level by their customer care in Toh Guan is beyond description in the English language. Your new purchase may turn into a nightmare when it breaks down.

Last Saturday, I merely wanted to purchase a replacement remote control for my LCD TV which had broken down in less than 6 months. As such, I called them at 9.30am to check and maybe rush down to purchase (They open from 8.30am – 12.30pm on Saturdays, the only day I’m available to go down to purchase) .The customer care guy told me they have to email the parts department (they claim they can’t contact them via telephone) and that the parts department will call me within half an hour. Guess what, after making 4 calls back to Samsung over 4 hours, no one actually called me back to update on my enquiry and I was pissing mad after wasting a precious Saturday waiting in vain for them to get back. furious.gif furious.gif

My repeated attempts and request to speak to the customer service manager was also met with contempt. The customer service manager seems to be avoiding taking my calls and kept saying she will call me back but guess what? I have never heard a single word from them.. furious.gif

Only after my sixth or seventh call today (Tuesday), did I managed to squeeze a reply out of them on the status of the stock availability of the remote control. I really don’t understand why it is so difficult to check on the stock availability of such a common replacement part and why they need 3 working days to communicate with their parts department (apparently in the same building) and get back to us only after repeated attempts to push them for a reply.

Samsung products may be much cheaper than their Japanese counterparts but is it worth the small difference in price to have to endure such level of service should the product in your home breaks down, I strongly doubt so.. So, please think twice or even thrice when making a decision to purchase that nice LCD TV or appliances from Samsung that you’ve been eyeing. bottom.gif

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

this is a good example that bad quality employees spoil and degrade the brand name that others work hard to build. I think the employees at the cus svc must be non-efficient, bad quality, total lack of initiative and thinking skills, or any other skills to make them suceed in whatever they do.

Dun be mad at such loser in life....there are plenty. You should drive this point to the PR and marketing department that their sales and images had been badly affect by such lousy cus svc..who happen to be at the frontline.

i am not their competitor and i dun sell goods

I'm not defending their customer service by any means...but I have had some experience working for companies like this in the CS department. I don't know how Samsung works, but a lot of times the customer service department is in Country/State A, while the warehouse is in Country/State B, and the replacement people are in Country/State C or just in another building with COMPLETELY different hours of operation. They usually keep a computer log of your calls, then they forward it to the correct department, who has a queue. Then it goes down the line, and they have to send the report back to the CS department, and into another queue, to call you back.

Yes, it's ridiculous, but it's not just Samsung. It's all big companies like that.

Samsung remotes can be bought anywhere (DIY Shop etc). Agree abt their CS quality though and have not bought any other products from them since.

Erm sorry but I dun understand why a remote control's sales can be equate to not buying the LCD TV?? Did the TV break down too?

Anyway, universal remote controls are increasingly easy to use now, and getting cheaper too. Why not just ditch all your remotes once and for all, and switch to a universal one?

We juz bought a Samsung lcd from Suntec fair, Audio House, and when the guys delivered, they told us our walls are a bit thin though should be no problem, but when they drilled the 6 holes, one of it went thru entirely and now there's a hole in the bedroom wall. They juz told my hubby to buy some cement to patch and went away liao~ wahrao!! What kinda service is this??

We decided not to pursue the matter after reading all these entries cos seriously, I don't think anything will come out of it anyway~

We juz bought a Samsung lcd from Suntec fair, Audio House, and when the guys delivered, they told us our walls are a bit thin though should be no problem, but when they drilled the 6 holes, one of it went thru entirely and now there's a hole in the bedroom wall. They juz told my hubby to buy some cement to patch and went away liao~ wahrao!! What kinda service is this??

We decided not to pursue the matter after reading all these entries cos seriously, I don't think anything will come out of it anyway~

Hi All

I've had a bad experience as well. I bought a new fridge and less than two weeks it stopped working. I wrote to them (through their website) I waited for a reply after the automated reply. Still no reply for 5 working days. Not only do i have to throw all my items from the fridge, my family and I can't cook. I finally wrote another email. This time I received a reply and waited for a confirmation for the appointment to get their technician down. Again no reply. Next day I called in and spoke to their Customer Service Manager who finally arranged for someone to come down the next day. In all it took more than a week. Other than customer service from domestic airlines in United States, this was by far the worst for in Singapore.

Hi All

I've had a bad experience as well. I bought a new fridge and less than two weeks it stopped working. I wrote to them (through their website) I waited for a reply after the automated reply. Still no reply for 5 working days. Not only do i have to throw all my items from the fridge, my family and I can't cook. I finally wrote another email. This time I received a reply and waited for a confirmation for the appointment to get their technician down. Again no reply. Next day I called in and spoke to their Customer Service Manager who finally arranged for someone to come down the next day. In all it took more than a week. Other than customer service from domestic airlines in United States, this was by far the worst for in Singapore.

Most big companies are like that ask to collect payment they can fly like superman but when ask them to do something they says superman is dead so have to wait for quite some time for spiderman to come becos Peter Parker is still in school :unsure: .