Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Autofocus

Appreciate Forumers Comment On Whether The Quotation I Got Is Ok. Tia

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi All,

I joined this forum recently, actually i have just finish my reno. I suppose the quote was quite high there. My mansionette reno cause about 40k plus with all the hacking. Maybe its better you take some time and compare prices. Relaz and Enjoy the midst of getting a reno. Cheers

Hi happyfamily66,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for your reply. I have decided to hold my reno for a few more days for comparison and consideration.

Do you have pictures of your place that you can share and what are the items that was done to your EM?

TIA!

Hi,

I am new to this forum. maybe you could get a quote from my ID. I just finished reno for my 4 rm flat. I told my ID my budget and she found ways to cut the cost and work within the budget without compromising the design. I didnt get a free gift or anything but actually the free gift is coming out of your reno expense anyway.

wah, the quote looks kinda expensive to me, also not very detailed. mostly you are looking at around 50-60K for the stuff you wanna get done based on your quote. you might wanna give other firms a try first,state a low budget first and work within your basic 'needs' before your 'wants' like island kitchen so they dont mark up till the sky and work on it,no budget = continue to chop you up till you say stop,it'll be too late for you by then.haha. take about 1 month to get at least 5-6 quotations as your unit usually cost more to renovate,not forgetting it'll also cost more to furnish,the 3 toilets alone will set you back close to 3k for something normal only. so really gotta think twice and not land yourself in a crisis later. ;)

Actually quite lousy when you spend such a big amount and only get a free aircon.but free gifts are a gimmick mostly costing from your own pocket anyway like kate mentioned. ask for more discount without any freebies better. A good & willing ID is needed to save cost la, for example,my id asked the tiling & ceiling works guy to plaster my walls abit when they are done, then later ask the painter guys to plaster abit too and finally i saved on those plastering which i needed cos it's almost done.haha, and my painting only cost around 1k with full house sealant,ICI+Nippon top range paints and patching of all those 'beam lines' on the walls.And i told them to come 3 trips,as i wanna see how the colors will be like first before commiting to the other rooms. My ID even let me use the new ICI Light&Space for all my ceilings.usually others give you those 25L maltex only. they told me they doing my painting as a favor only, and i dont even spend close to what you are currently looking at to deserve such favor. maybe you can approach them to get a quotation lo,not bad at all. :)

wah, the quote looks kinda expensive to me, also not very detailed. mostly you are looking at around 50-60K for the stuff you wanna get done based on your quote. you might wanna give other firms a try first,state a low budget first and work within your basic 'needs' before your 'wants' like island kitchen so they dont mark up till the sky and work on it,no budget = continue to chop you up till you say stop,it'll be too late for you by then.haha. take about 1 month to get at least 5-6 quotations as your unit usually cost more to renovate,not forgetting it'll also cost more to furnish,the 3 toilets alone will set you back close to 3k for something normal only. so really gotta think twice and not land yourself in a crisis later. ;)

Actually quite lousy when you spend such a big amount and only get a free aircon.but free gifts are a gimmick mostly costing from your own pocket anyway like kate mentioned. ask for more discount without any freebies better. A good & willing ID is needed to save cost la, for example,my id asked the tiling & ceiling works guy to plaster my walls abit when they are done, then later ask the painter guys to plaster abit too and finally i saved on those plastering which i needed cos it's almost done.haha, and my painting only cost around 1k with full house sealant,ICI+Nippon top range paints and patching of all those 'beam lines' on the walls.And i told them to come 3 trips,as i wanna see how the colors will be like first before commiting to the other rooms. My ID even let me use the new ICI Light&Space for all my ceilings.usually others give you those 25L maltex only. they told me they doing my painting as a favor only, and i dont even spend close to what you are currently looking at to deserve such favor. maybe you can approach them to get a quotation lo,not bad at all. :)

Actually most ID firms were given a budget of 45-55k based on the work and theme i wanted. So far, I have approached 5 firms and all expect one gives a clear picture of what will be included. Most of the quotes look dubious and comes with a lot of hidden cost. I will access them further and determine absolutely the minimum amount of work I can live with without scarificing the design of the house.