Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lakaik

S And S’s Love Nest

Actually, we are very ecstatic that we took the plunge to engage all sub-con (with tiler/wet workz contractor sort of like our main con).

The catch is that all sub-cons must be of the same group or know each other very well to ensure seamless project coordination and quality workmanship.

List of our subcons :-

1. Wet workz / tiler - Ah Chuen (he liases with the hacking guyz + plumber directly)

2. Electrician

3. False Ceiling

4. Plastering + painting

5. Carpenter (storage & kitchen cabinet)

6. Walk in Wardrobe ==> ClosetDesign. This is the only exception...hehehe. :dancingqueen:

7. Door frame + doors

8. Grill+windows+main gate

9. Air-cond

Sounds like a lot of ppl....:bleah:

Some examples :-

1. They coordinate among themselves. ie: The grills + windows are installed immediately after hacking. The grills are subsequently removed due to plastering uncle request. He cannot plaster the walls properly with the grills installed. We are only aware after the grills are removed...they plan/coordinate themselves....for us it is easy lah hahaha

2. You know lah, the troublesome renovation sequence....tiling ==> plastering ==> electrical casing 1st ==> apply sealer ==> false ceiling ==> electrician to open the hole for DL(no installation of lights yet) ==> plastering touch up & painting ==> electrician to install the lights ==> plastering to have final touch up...

Frankly, I am not even aware of such a sequence ==> 1st time reno mah! They schedule the sequence of workz themselves. Once false ceiling done, he will inform electrician. Once electrician opened the hole for DL, he will inform plastering uncle. As for my house keys, they will pass among themselves. So, they never call me up just to open the main gate for them.

As you can see from above, of all contractors...better don't be a plastering + painting contractor. :) ...plastering 1st layer, 2nd layer, 3rd layer, sealer, touch up + paint (after false ceiling), 2nd touch up + paint(after electrician works), final touch up + paint. Once all ready, must give the plastering uncle a big ang-pow.

This is only a typical flow. There are piping sequence, cabinet sequence, air cond sequence of workz. Nvm, they coordinate, no need headache hehehehe We just need to tell them what we want

3. We are kinda picky/particular... :sport-smiley-018: ... when it comes to reno. Our electrician provided us with simple designer switches, apply paintable silicon on the electrical casing(kinda don't like to see the little spacing between casing & wall) for the whole house... :dribble:

Grills guy also coordinated with the tiler/wet workz very well, as a result, our bi-fold toilet doors fits in nicely (no protruding) with flooring & wall tiles. Hmmmm...diff to explain in words....later I try to snap a few pics. The same goes for the toilet naco windows.

The last remaining item - living room windows will be replaced today! Thinking of saving a few hundreds mah by not changing the living room windows... At the end, boh pien boh pien...better change lah...since spend so much liao...the entire house will have WPC window frame, WPC grills, greenish windows.

cheers!!!

Edited by eddieadc

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
WAHHHHH I see your renovation sequence I also HEADACHE

Really admire you all :)

Eeee... they coordinate among themself one lah, if we have to call them one by one, I also run first... :bleah: Sometimes they may inform us sth like XXX coming to do XXX tomorrow, then XXX will come by which day. :sport-smiley-004:

hihi.. any update on your reno progress?

Moving in next Friday :sport-smiley-004: Furniture arriving this Sunday....

Busy Busy Busy....that's why no time to update this blog... 8|

Wahh... so many ppl looking for contacts, we havent update the photos leh. Just for everyone info, our tiler can only take one job at a time, if i am not mistaken he has been booked for 2 projects after ours. He only has himself + 2 workers. He has ~ 30 yrs experience, so you can roughly guess how old also.... Better let us ask him first before we disclose his contact, later he feel disturbing by receiving calls every mins... :P

For other sub-contractors, I can PM you guys 2nite. :) All contacts with my hb. hehe

Oh ya, we do our own space planning (shy to mention it as "design"), we just convey our ideas to the cons, just like how you usually do if you have been visiting IDs. Usually the so called IDs will ask you what do you intend to do also. Is about the same.

Hi lakaik, can pm me the contacts of your sub-contractors too?

Thanks in advance!!! (Actually this is my 1st posting, so not sure whether it will appear correctly).

Thanks again.

I just did a calculation and realised that our house overhaul is completed around 7 weeks time. If not because of d hack works pending approval for around 3 weeks (19 days to be exact), the renovation should completed even earlier.... :notti:

We are very glad that along the renovation... we have near zero hiccups...

HAPPY 2009!!!

:yamseng:

I just did a calculation and realised that our house overhaul is completed around 7 weeks time. If not because of d hack works pending approval for around 3 weeks (19 days to be exact), the renovation should completed even earlier.... :notti:

We are very glad that along the renovation... we have near zero hiccups...

HAPPY 2009!!!

:yamseng:

keke. so u shuld have gotten ur sofa at quite a good price? sad.. mine is quite costly. is urs full leather? anyway, we have de same microwave too.

keke. so u shuld have gotten ur sofa at quite a good price? sad.. mine is quite costly. is urs full leather? anyway, we have de same microwave too.

Hmm... mine is quite reasonable price. But cannot compare like tat loh.. i gotta travel all the way to JB mah. The most important is you feel happy with it loh. I love this sofa very much too :dancingqueen: I bought the furniture from JB because most furniture in Singapore are made in China and it will take around 1 month for delivery loh. I only shop for furniture 2 weeks before i move in so i can only buy those made in Malaysia...

My microwave is FOC too as i bought the samsung washer... :dancingqueen:

How much did u pay for the Alpha Heater? :dunno:

Ermm, If i remember correctly should be SGD 180. Is Alpha S100 slim...