Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jupiter Home

Jupiter's Home On Earth

I did. My BF's family... rushed their renovation within 3 weeks and moved in, in a single day just one day before CNY eve... cos the parents say cannot move during the 14 days... mmm

Anyway 14 days not suppose to clean so move in liao cannot clean also will die le. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I did. My BF's family... rushed their renovation within 3 weeks and moved in, in a single day just one day before CNY eve... cos the parents say cannot move during the 14 days... mmm

Anyway 14 days not suppose to clean so move in liao cannot clean also will die le. :P

Think cannot sweep floor but can vacuum bah. :bleah:

f_kitchenplanm_f09f05f.jpg

Ok now need some advice from the expert here.

As I have a rather small kitchen, looks like this is the only layout.

Heard that sink & stove can't face each other, how true is that?

Edited by Jupiter Home

I think that if you are the type that do not believe in feng shui, just work on the way which you feel comfortable in the kitchen to do stuff..It is good to have a triangle shape distant between the stove, sink and fridge. If cutting food space is just next to the sink, it will be great! You could reference to the kitchen layout stated here... http://www.kitchens.com/Design/Layouts/Common-Layouts.aspx

Edited by Deepwhite

For FS, they will exists only if you believe in it, if you are the type who don't believe, then they won't exists, hope it helps.

Think cannot sweep floor but can vacuum bah. :bleah:

f_kitchenplanm_f09f05f.jpg

Can vacuum but cannot empty out the bag! :) hahaha

If you believe in fengshui... then just shift your hob down lor... creating a triangle with your fridge and your sink... ok what. :)

The reason sink & stove can't face each other is because 水火不相容。For those who believe fs, this is kind of major fs rule that most ppl follow. Also because sink & stove are more flexible to move around than others. If you google sth related to feng shui for your home, definitely you will see this rule.

Besides sink, the stove shouldn't face the refrigerator & the washer too. :)

You may consider to place your sink opposite your fridge and replace your original sink position with stove.

Of course.. this only applicable if you believe in feng shui. :)

I quote this from somewhere :

Using Feng Shui methods around your home is not a one-size-fits-all proposition. Everyone has their own needs, and everyone's tastes are different. The bottom line for you is to follow the guiding principles and make your designs work.

With a little feng shui, anyone can improve their health and their outlook on life. However, it should be an understood that a healthy diet and regular exercise should also be incorporated into any healthy living resolution.

Happy renovating :)

I think that if you are the type that do not believe in feng shui, just work on the way which you feel comfortable in the kitchen to do stuff..It is good to have a triangle shape distant between the stove, sink and fridge. If cutting food space is just next to the sink, it will be great! You could reference to the kitchen layout stated here... http://www.kitchens.com/Design/Layouts/Common-Layouts.aspx

Thanks deepwhite for the link, very useful indeed.

I quote this from somewhere :

Using Feng Shui methods around your home is not a one-size-fits-all proposition. Everyone has their own needs, and everyone's tastes are different. The bottom line for you is to follow the guiding principles and make your designs work.

With a little feng shui, anyone can improve their health and their outlook on life. However, it should be an understood that a healthy diet and regular exercise should also be incorporated into any healthy living resolution.

Happy renovating :)

Hi lakaik, din know that stove also cannot face fridge wor. Thanks for the advice.

Another option maybe you want to consider.

From the drawing, it is below the stove & opposite the fridge, hope you get what I mean. :)

Morning dew, I know what you meant, but the space there cannot have the 2 next to each other, maybe my drawing not accurate, sorry. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ok, I will swap the place for the sink and the stove and ask contractor can or not.

f_kitchenplanm_7996a73.jpg

I read somewhere that sink and hob cannot be next to each other, but I find that sink-next-to-hob is a very practical arrangement. Food prep at the sink can be easily transferred into the cooking pot. Any mess on the hob is easily cleaned up. Some people do an L-shape with the hob and sink.

mm my dad insisted that sink next to hob is a fire hazard when I was doing up the design for the kitchen. He said something about having them a least 10 inches apart. :dunno:

f_kitchenplanm_7996a73.jpg

btw Jupiter, not recommended this layout also, cos it seems that ur hob faces the window directly? if there is very windy, it will be difficult for you to cook?

hehe i understand its a difficult choice

I read somewhere that sink and hob cannot be next to each other, but I find that sink-next-to-hob is a very practical arrangement. Food prep at the sink can be easily transferred into the cooking pot. Any mess on the hob is easily cleaned up. Some people do an L-shape with the hob and sink.

Wah, din know sink also cannot be next to stove. :unsure:

btw Jupiter, not recommended this layout also, cos it seems that ur hob faces the window directly? if there is very windy, it will be difficult for you to cook?

hehe i understand its a difficult choice

Thanks for the reminder, and also find it difficult to clean the windows with so many grooves, haiz..

Ok, went to house with contractor today, regarding the sink & stove position, he said can't change because of the sink drainage pipe, unless I hack the floor then can run pipe to new position. Most likely not changing floor tiles, so here is the BEST layout that I can think of.

f_kitchenplanm_a8dea50.jpg