Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jupiter Home

Jupiter's Home On Earth

Hi all,

Now its time to share our reno experience.

Have been visiting renotalk for a while. Learn a lot from here.

This unit was bought last year & rented out.

Reclaimed back recently.

Kitchen cabinet condition quite bad.

Visited few id/contractor, sad to say, when they heard its just minor touch up here & there,

most of them tends to siam us.

No cove lighting, no false ceiling, no faciful feature wall, that’s why a lot don't even bother to quote us.

Finally, now narrow down to 2 contractors.

We decided that its more economical to get contractor to do up.

Most important,they din care whether it's big or small project, they quoted us very promptly.

whereas a lot of ids don't even bother to quote us.

Ok, let's start the space ship engine.

Here's some photos.

t_a1m_7cdc3e3.jpg

t_a2m_921c0df.jpg

t_a3m_eb8e9d1.jpg

t_a4m_d10e046.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi! spam chop.

Getting a contractor is to save $. Just make sure that for your kitchen design, at least get them to give a simple sketch, so as to avoid any misunderstanding.

Do not go by say say only, wait end result is not what you want, then save $ also not happy.

Agreed. I even had ID who tell me straight out they dun wan. so horrible.

Another simple reno person!!! Look forward to more pictures!!

Never mind, those are hypocrite people.

We've to make them regret one day. :yamseng:

Went to read your reno blog, so you also got your fair share of experience.

How's your reno going so far, still got problem contacting your contractor?

hi. Congratulations on getting your new place. Can share with me who your contractor/s is/ are?

I'm doing only housepainting, changing of lights fixtures, re-sanding/varnish of wooden floors, and maybe changing the kitchen sink, and bathrooms toilet bowls and washbasins.

I haven't found anyone to do these small jobs.

Never mind, those are hypocrite people.

We've to make them regret one day. :yamseng:

Went to read your reno blog, so you also got your fair share of experience.

How's your reno going so far, still got problem contacting your contractor?

YA! now economy no good... see who dun wan who. :P

Reno is going well. Contractor is getting a well deserved rest in Genting this long weekend. haha Tuesday I'll begin bugging him again.

a bit small cant see the pix. anyway welcome :) :)

Hi ahockz, don't know why so small leh, when testing can leh.

spam chop :dancingqueen:

agree that contractor is the way to go

hope to see more pictures of your place :yamseng:

Hi applefreak, wah your blog so many pages, think will takes me weeks to finish reading liao. :D

Any pointer for us when dealing with contractor?

Hee.. Must be very excited to get ur place back. :) Looking forward to your reno transformation. :)

Hi Angel, nice to see you around. :D

Can't find your blog, which stage of reno are you in now?

congrats jupiter! another easterner!

times are bad, if the stuck up contractors doesnt even wanna do simple reno, who knows come next yr even simple reno biz oso cannot get. Ignore these pple!

Hi applefreak, wah your blog so many pages, think will takes me weeks to finish reading liao. :D

Any pointer for us when dealing with contractor?

hehehe paiseh paiseh

no pointer coz patrick is really responsible

i didn't visit the flat as often as when hdb was doing rectification

maybe you want to see the blog instead?

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...og&mid=4669

the t-blog got a lot of chatting :notti: :notti:

Hi! spam chop.

Getting a contractor is to save $. Just make sure that for your kitchen design, at least get them to give a simple sketch, so as to avoid any misunderstanding.

Do not go by say say only, wait end result is not what you want, then save $ also not happy.

Hi KPE, thanks for the advice, noted. :)

hi. Congratulations on getting your new place. Can share with me who your contractor/s is/ are?

I'm doing only housepainting, changing of lights fixtures, re-sanding/varnish of wooden floors, and maybe changing the kitchen sink, and bathrooms toilet bowls and washbasins.

I haven't found anyone to do these small jobs.

Hi asianms, I've not decided on which one to take yet, so can't really recommend to you yet. Btw, when you shifting?

congrats jupiter! another easterner!

times are bad, if the stuck up contractors doesnt even wanna do simple reno, who knows come next yr even simple reno biz oso cannot get. Ignore these pple!

Hi mrspiglet,

Haha well said, no need to spoil my mood becos of them. Btw, which stage of reno are you in now?

Hi asianms, I've not decided on which one to take yet, so can't really recommend to you yet. Btw, when you shifting?

depends on when the previous owners finish their reno and return me the house. They say maybe end of this year, or 1st week of 2009. I bought lights yesterday, and confirmed the electrician appt for 10 Jan. I dunno when I can get the rest of the basic reno done. Hopefully, can celebrate CNY in new house. If not, must move in before 9 Feb to avoid paying another month's rent on my rental apt. But someone said there may be taboos about moving house around the CNY season. go where and check for such taboos? :o quite blur

depends on when the previous owners finish their reno and return me the house. They say maybe end of this year, or 1st week of 2009. I bought lights yesterday, and confirmed the electrician appt for 10 Jan. I dunno when I can get the rest of the basic reno done. Hopefully, can celebrate CNY in new house. If not, must move in before 9 Feb to avoid paying another month's rent on my rental apt. But someone said there may be taboos about moving house around the CNY season. go where and check for such taboos? :o quite blur

I only heard 7th month cannot shift house leh, din know CNY also cannot shift house. :unsure: