Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Smallboy

Dream Home @ Clementi

Rondy, BIG BIG thank you. I will not seal the hob then. Wa.. thanks so much!

XBB, I really forgot whether the small one is S12 or the bigger one is S12. Sorry.

I went to Asia Excel at Balestier. I like dealing with Desmond

And thanks everyone! Moving in is a huge relief. At least no more chasing jason or Ah soon for stuff or reno works.

From wendy. (taking a break from unpacking and cleaning)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi Wendy,

Thanks for allowing me to pop by to see how the bed is place. I am a visual person lah.. nv see I can nv visualise.

Thanks alot!!

and jia you jia you!! by next week you will have a swee swee house!!

Decide to blog about the FINAL saga before the move in (Sat). :(

Tiling

I had 2 cracked tiles. So, Uncle said this guy to do up the tiles. Wa... hack 2 tiles and then re-tile. Takes whole day. But he is good. Very meticulous and careful. So as not to break my other tiles. After doing 2 tiles, i decided to let the 1 in MBR be. I just can't stand anymore dust. Then just do 1 last one in the common toilet. It cracks when another guy was drilling in my towel bar. SIGH.

But FULL marks for this tile guy who did the rectification works. Swee swee

Corian Top

This took 2 weeks of chasing Jason. Way before even the handover. Then finally they came in at 2.30pm Friday. I thought it will take just 1 hour. So I have sufficient time to clean up. Guess what......... they finished at 630pm. Then worse the grinding and merging of the Top send a layer of dust over the WHOLE house. Gasp! I almost died.

But I told myself, i can clean it. It can be done. Uncle came over around then and said he will send 3 guys to help me clean. I had to leave to pick up my girl from tuition so I left them there to clean. When I came back 7+pm, they said they are done. I didn't want to inspect, assuming they clean everything. After they left then I realised the windows has a layer of the Corian dust. The floor and cabinets are oily. I clean with my detergent. Cannot help. By 10pm, i am depressed, crying. Why the floor still feel so oily. I called Uncle. He said need special chemical cleaning.

Why didnt his guys do it just now?

By now, my hubby (smallboy) still in a company function, called Uncle and scolded him. Gasp!

I know... but I am in a state of emotional wreckage.. tired.. no strength to clean anymore.

Jason came with 3 men and clean around 11pm till 1240am.

At least not oily and fully cleaned up.

By Sat, I feel better for the move, ,knowing my kids can step into a reasonably clean house. Safe for them, without harmful chemicals. :)

Working with Uncle is sometimes frustrating cos they dont look into details.

Like grinding a Corian Top or even rectifying the surface top required extensive coverage of the entire house. Layer corrugated paper over the floor, cabinets. That's why this is done before the final clean up/handover. sigh.... mine is done 1 day before I move in.

Wallpaper:

Uncle said to change since got so many bubbles. They came on Thurs to remove. And on the same day Uncle guys came to re-plaster to make it smooth.

The wallpaper guy (Robin) came in on Friday to inspect. Said, still not smooth. Cannot put up wall paper.

Then in came Uncle guy, he said everything is smooth. Why can't Robin install the wallpaper.

This whole thing ding dong here and there. Fri, still no sign of wallpaper.

Then Sat, someone came in to install the wallpaper while we are moving.

Wa... so happy right. Then after he finished. we realised the wall paper got 2 tone.... the centre part is lighter than the right and left side. :( :( :(

Honestly dont know to laugh or cry now.

Just let them be. Till Uncle can give me a satisfactory answer.

Now I got to postponed my TV installation. SIGH

Edited by Smallboy

really poor thing.. I can imagine your stress... I am seriously not looking forward to my own shift...

Wendy, i can imagine the stress esp when you need a clean and dust free house for the kids due to health reasons. Hopefully the solution to you wallpaper will be good

Edited by familyof4

Decide to blog about the FINAL saga before the move in (Sat). :(

Tiling

I had 2 cracked tiles. So, Uncle said this guy to do up the tiles. Wa... hack 2 tiles and then re-tile. Takes whole day. But he is good. Very meticulous and careful. So as not to break my other tiles. After doing 2 tiles, i decided to let the 1 in MBR be. I just can't stand anymore dust. Then just do 1 last one in the common toilet. It cracks when another guy was drilling in my towel bar. SIGH.

But FULL marks for this tile guy who did the rectification works. Swee swee

Corian Top

This took 2 weeks of chasing Jason. Way before even the handover. Then finally they came in at 2.30pm Friday. I thought it will take just 1 hour. So I have sufficient time to clean up. Guess what......... they finished at 630pm. Then worse the grinding and merging of the Top send a layer of dust over the WHOLE house. Gasp! I almost died.

But I told myself, i can clean it. It can be done. Uncle came over around then and said he will send 3 guys to help me clean. I had to leave to pick up my girl from tuition so I left them there to clean. When I came back 7+pm, they said they are done. I didn't want to inspect, assuming they clean everything. After they left then I realised the windows has a layer of the Corian dust. The floor and cabinets are oily. I clean with my detergent. Cannot help. By 10pm, i am depressed, crying. Why the floor still feel so oily. I called Uncle. He said need special chemical cleaning.

Why didnt his guys do it just now?

By now, my hubby (smallboy) still in a company function, called Uncle and scolded him. Gasp!

I know... but I am in a state of emotional wreckage.. tired.. no strength to clean anymore.

Jason came with 3 men and clean around 11pm till 1240am.

At least not oily and fully cleaned up.

By Sat, I feel better for the move, ,knowing my kids can step into a reasonably clean house. Safe for them, without harmful chemicals. :)

Working with Uncle is sometimes frustrating cos they dont look into details.

Like grinding a Corian Top or even rectifying the surface top required extensive coverage of the entire house. Layer corrugated paper over the floor, cabinets. That's why this is done before the final clean up/handover. sigh.... mine is done 1 day before I move in.

Wallpaper:

Uncle said to change since got so many bubbles. They came on Thurs to remove. And on the same day Uncle guys came to re-plaster to make it smooth.

The wallpaper guy (Robin) came in on Friday to inspect. Said, still not smooth. Cannot put up wall paper.

Then in came Uncle guy, he said everything is smooth. Why can't Robin install the wallpaper.

This whole thing ding dong here and there. Fri, still no sign of wallpaper.

Then Sat, someone came in to install the wallpaper while we are moving.

Wa... so happy right. Then after he finished. we realised the wall paper got 2 tone.... the centre part is lighter than the right and left side. :( :( :(

Honestly dont know to laugh or cry now.

Just let them be. Till Uncle can give me a satisfactory answer.

Now I got to postponed my TV installation. SIGH

i understand your frustrations too. I'm too tired to chase after some of the rectifications work again and again.

there are quite a couple of things to rectify

- main entrance door (veneer door) chip off

- laminates gap and chip, tiles chips

- plaster and painting work not up to standard

- grout turn yellow despite regrouting with the white grout powder (result of not putting corrugated paper at all times of reno)

- doors not done properly, when wind blow can hear my doors "swing" even when closed

- no stoppers done on my wardrobe door (think they forget le)

- electrical cables slanted

- floor not clean thoroughly, lots of stain marks

- spots of paint (waterbased) in bedrooms (y don't use CORRUGATED PAPER???), even scrap off no use, once water evaporates off the spots of paint stick back in between the tiny streaks in the laminate

- corian top not glossy one (the one we choose is glossy, and after polish it's matte)

Edited by fondue_

urgh hearing about the corian top sounds like a nightmare. i think it steels me for mine! think its time to get ready. i am applying for 3 days worth of leave just to do this! as it is i am already stressed, i think moving back and finally settling in will take even more out of me. urgh. plus i am the only one co-ordinating everything and my mom is dependent on me too, more stress! :(

i hope your ordeal is over. look forward to a nicely furnished house. mom & i still love your windy unit. ;]

Fondue, I want to ask about the Homo tiles.

I see lots of "hard to clean" stain marks. Really sad! Do you have this problem?

And I realise our homo tiles very 'sensitive'...... meaning if I drip something or my girl drop her marker pens, wa.. kana stains and it can't be removed. I use thinner, can only get lighter. SIGH.....

Do you have this problem?

Wendy, Fondue, i think homo tiles are like that. my previous house also...

One qn to ask: do u gals find smoke stains on the tiles? i realise the workers do smoke alot and if they drop their ashes on the tiles, it'll cause a brownish kinda stain. Do u gals see this on ur tiles?

My previous house has such stains but HDB refused to change saying the tile is not cracked etc. so I had to live with it for 5yrs. Do not wish to see such stains on my 2nd house.

urgh hearing about the corian top sounds like a nightmare. i think it steels me for mine! think its time to get ready. i am applying for 3 days worth of leave just to do this! as it is i am already stressed, i think moving back and finally settling in will take even more out of me. urgh. plus i am the only one co-ordinating everything and my mom is dependent on me too, more stress! :(

i hope your ordeal is over. look forward to a nicely furnished house. mom & i still love your windy unit. ;]

I think i also need to be mentally prepare for all these rectifcation work....

Wendy, Fondue, i think homo tiles are like that. my previous house also...

One qn to ask: do u gals find smoke stains on the tiles? i realise the workers do smoke alot and if they drop their ashes on the tiles, it'll cause a brownish kinda stain. Do u gals see this on ur tiles?

My previous house has such stains but HDB refused to change saying the tile is not cracked etc. so I had to live with it for 5yrs. Do not wish to see such stains on my 2nd house.

Yes, I got lots of brownish marks........ SIGH..... no amount of chemical cleaning can remove it.

GOSH! I hate that! I think i need to call uncle and empahsise this to him. mine is plain white...so any small marks will be **** obvious and i really don't like!

We used scraper, turpentine, cif on all the tiles but the stain marks are still visible. Sad. The grout lines is quite a joke. Why do they want to waste effort and do double work? All this can be prevented using corrugated paper. Our white framed windows already bruised before using - scratches, chipped, cigarette stain. Worst off the driller chip off a fifty cent size at the tile corner while doing up our weimi stainless steel rod. This tile cannot be changed unless we dismantle the cabinet.

The way things are done are like half past six. Rods, rain shower, cable casing, downlight caring not straight. Previously, got one funny joker, install my surface mount sink with the base exposed. Huh? Thought common sense to hide that. Even a non professional know that.

Uncle said some of the workers give him problems but to be frank that's his problem in using the wrong guys and why it has to be the home that has to suffer.

Yes, I got lots of brownish marks........ SIGH..... no amount of chemical cleaning can remove it.

serious or not!? Homo tiles so hard to maintain?

I'm a little worried!!!

I have very naughty in-law nephews leh!

Fondue, I want to ask about the Homo tiles.

I see lots of "hard to clean" stain marks. Really sad! Do you have this problem?

And I realise our homo tiles very 'sensitive'...... meaning if I drip something or my girl drop her marker pens, wa.. kana stains and it can't be removed. I use thinner, can only get lighter. SIGH.....

Do you have this problem?

Hi Wendy, sorry to here about your problems... looking on the bright side, things are finally near completion and overall, the house looks very very nice.

Anyway, try using JIF or CIF, worked for me. I placed a little on the mark and just wipe in small circles, like polishing shoes.

Edited by kthc