Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TBTB

Island Hood

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Realised no one post here for a looong time. Anyone have any experience or recommendation for island hoods?

Hi Chrisngpg ;

how's everything , As for island hood in local market theres not much brand carry it , Could name a few is Ariston , Bosch , Brandt .

Just have to take note of the height as certain jobsite the celine is high as island hood got only certain max height for the funnel.

BTW have you chosen ?

Me new here and like to advise and share and learn on all kitchen appliance and home appliance stuff :)

New kid on the block .

kitchen matters

Planning on having a small 30cm induction hob for open kitchen... undecided which part of the kitchen to place it, will be either against the wall or island style.

Most hood sizes are 60 or 90cm... any suitable 30cm hood to recommend? Need a small neat one.

Planning on having a small 30cm induction hob for open kitchen... undecided which part of the kitchen to place it, will be either against the wall or island style.

Most hood sizes are 60 or 90cm... any suitable 30cm hood to recommend? Need a small neat one.

Hi Goalhome ,

Most Hood come with 60cm,70cm,90cm in width . Certain brands do have this size . As for the power supply for 30 cm induction hob , most of them use either 15 AMP to 20 AMP. power input so is advise to check with your designer whether the power supply is okie ?

And induction hob need special pots ( Induction pots )

Kitchen Matters :)

Any one has any experience on this model MORRIES INDUCTION COOKER MS-IC200D

http://www.fairprice.com.sg/webapp/wcs/sto..._category=24704

Base on Courts web, it state

Power Consumption : 3000W

Surface Material : Black Ceramic

Timer : Available

Pre-set Menu : Braise/Saute/Congee/Soup/Cook Rice/Stir Fry/Stew

Others : Come with Pot/Frying Wok & Cover/Frying Spatula

Does it 'eat' alot of electrical power?

What is the power supply for this model?

What to take note when getting a Inductive cooker?

Can't able to find more information abt this model online.

Now had promotion, selling @ $388 (usual price $699)

I bought a Bosch Island hood for my place. I made a mistake by trusting the sales people to know their specifications well.

All hoods should not be more than one meter above the hob ideally. I did tell the sale staff my ceiling height and they said it was within tolerance. My installer ( Bosch recommended) said it was not right. I have a hood that is 200mm higher than its ideal height. So functionality now is compromised. It will still work but not as well. Thankfully we are not going to do any heavy cooking, and the hood was purchased due to looks more, as compared to functionality. Moral of the story is ask for the specifications and confirm them yourself.

Bosch has this unique charcoal filter to absorb smells. This hinders the airflow rate I was told and given a demonstration by the installer. It feels much weaker. I have yet to cook so I don't know if the charcoal filter pad is going to be an advantage or disadvantage. Airflow rate versus smell.

Again I was told, a hood works best if it can ventilate the sucked in air out to the open, as compared to recirculation. He did mention the pull out hoods were also more about form than functionality. He did not want to elaborate further.

Another important point, not many contractors, whether it may be carpenters or electrician, or even plumbers are willing to take the task of installing an island hood. It requires some skill and equipment. The holes that were to be drilled and attached to the hood were done by laser. So there will be additional costs if you want an island hood. It is even more costly if your ceiling is false as they would have to add reinforcements. The price of installation almost doubles.

Looks wise, it is great. Price wise, it actually cost more than double as compared to a fit in wall hood. Things you might want to consider if you are working on a budget or if you need to buy an island hood.

turbo has a series of island hoods.

quite pretty if im not wrong. maybe can consider looking at them?

but i think the best way is to find one that fits nicely into the kitchen.

Hi, need to seek advice here on island hood...Im looking for island hood but the choice really limited, any recommendation? I would prefer it will be less noisy if possible. Also another question is abt installation, any issue to install on false ceiling? appreciate your advise on this. Thanks.