Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tommy78

T's 1st Home

1st of all Happy 2009 to all and i must mention that renotalk forums had been very informative and helpful in building my 1st home.

Lol Actually i had move in to my new place on 28th Dec 2008. Original condition of the flat is good and previous owner got only 1 build in wardrobe which we decide to keep..however it seem the toilet condition is quite bad...so decided to spend more to some $$ to make over the toilets.. the rest of the reno include changing of all door except main door and changing of 6ft graphite top with new kitchen sink . And 1 feature wall to conceal the bomb shelter + shoe cabinet at my foyer

We decided not to spend a bomb and time on renovation as we wanted to shift in before 2009. We decided to set about 10k for renovation to make over.

As for now only left my kitchen water pipping not connected due some reason .....but should be up by

2nd Jan 09. Thus instead of posting before photo only, i will be posting before and after at 1 go :x

Here is our floor plan

Floorplan-2.jpg

HSHFinal.jpg

Kitchen Before

IMAG0189-800.jpg

IMAG0190-800.jpg

Kitchen After

IMAG0390-800.jpg

IMAG0392-800.jpg

IMAG0391-800.jpg

Living Room Before

IMAG0185-800.jpg

IMAG0184-800.jpg

Living Room After

IMAG0360-800.jpg

IMAG0371-800.jpg

IMAG0386-800.jpg

Master BR Before

IMAG0180-800.jpg

IMAG0179-800.jpg

This the Wardrobe we are keeping as it is

Master BR After

IMAG0376-800.jpg

Blue Common Toilet Before

IMAG0182-800.jpg

Blue Common Toilet After

IMAG0395-800.jpg

New flooring with shower kerb and accessories including basin and toilet bowl.. new toilet still kind of messy with all the cleaning equipment but

MBR Toilet Before

IMAG0183-800.jpg

MBR Toilet After

IMAG0399-800.jpg

IMAG0400-800.jpg

IMAG0388-800.jpg

IMAG0389-800.jpg

Edited by tommy78

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Tommy,

congratulations on moving in :)

For the space in between the upper and lower kitchen cabinets (two sides of the stove), maybe can fix some rod on the wall to hang some accessories like cutlery holder, dish drainer etc....i just went ikea yesterday and grab some...sure can pick up some ideas from there :)

Any pics of your concealed bomb shelter wall to show?

Congratulations on your new home.

You have really freshened up the look.

I like your frameless shower screen. Can share with me how much it costs to do that? The place I buoght has sliding shower screen doors with tracks. I'd really like to change it to the frameless type. Also, how did you change the kitchen sink without hacking the kitchen counter top?

Good that your ID accepted small jobs.

Congratulations on your new home.

You have really freshened up the look.

I like your frameless shower screen. Can share with me how much it costs to do that? The place I buoght has sliding shower screen doors with tracks. I'd really like to change it to the frameless type. Also, how did you change the kitchen sink without hacking the kitchen counter top?

Good that your ID accepted small jobs.

I was charged $390 for the 10mm thick clear tempered glass frameless shower screen.

My ID are actually my elder brother's friend... so even now is peak season he also do for me and my site dun need much supervising by ID as it is near my workplace and old home so i drop by almost everyday to check myself...anything just call my ID to get it done lor.... but still the progress is still quite slow cos of the peak and holiday season.

Appreciated at least my ID trid to push abit so that almost everything is completed..

By the way i did hack the granite top as the old top had discolored badly.. now my granite top got 2 different color tone :x

ohh you are at JW st65. Me also at JW st65 currently. going to move in a few months time though. which floor is ur unit at?

ohh you are at JW st65. Me also at JW st65 currently. going to move in a few months time though. which floor is ur unit at?

5th floor One of the 658 block :notti:

IMAG0410-800.jpg

IMAG0411-800.jpg

IMAG0412-800.jpg

IMAG0413-800.jpg

My bomb shelter and cabinet... at 1st my ID propose to have some other design or add a big mirror. But i dun like the idea of seeing urself or reflection when u just enter or about to exit the house. My wife actually think the mirror is good but i told her she will surely scare herself sometime one..

End up we settle for the most simple design for feature wall and cabinet... note that one of the door for the shoe cabinet is not there ( cos the contractor had bring it back to rectify due to scratches)

Edited by tommy78

IMAG0344-800.jpg

Close up of my inovar Laminate Flooring

AC3 grade floor (African Wenge - MF 738) was charged at $3.20. Hack skirting addition $280

Flooring was done nicely the 1st time but the skirting not so nice so i got them to rectify and they get it done within the same week. Overall the experience with inovar is good. Any1 interested i can pm u the contact or u can visit http://www.inovarfloor.com/contact.php

Flooring at a bigger view with my custom made workstation

IMAG0350-800.jpg

My dinning Area with the view of entrance of the kitchen

IMAG0364-800.jpg

IMAG0366-800.jpg

Edited by tommy78

**** angry this afternoon...

contractor come to fix my kitchen sink water and tap.. then found out my tap leaking....

and then the bottom drainage thing for the sink's screw also too short...

Call Poh Joo and ask them my tap leaking...the lady who answer my call is **** rude and unprofessional...

my conversation with the PJ auntie (translated into english)

Me: Hello Poh Joo , my tap i bought from u leaking

PJ: When you bought the items

Me: 12 Dec

PJ: Har.. Last year har? (Nabei i was thinking we are only 2 days into new year only)Where leaking?

Me: The base of the tap the gold color portion lor, so how are u all can send the replacement tap to me?

PJ: Did the contractor damage it abnot? No we dun send replacement, u must come down to exchange cos if we send ppl over and found out that the damage is caused by 3rd party we need to charge

Me: The drainage thing's screw can not tighten also cos too short.

PJ: Har can not be sold so many same set no problem at all, your contractor dun know how to fix izzit.

PJ: Sorry you have to come down personally we dun send replacement to door step

Me: Then how u all open until wat time.

PJ:.........

Nabei i was **** angry then i bring my entire sink with drainage cap and tap to PJ. 1.30pm left Jurong to Jalan Besar... reach there almost 2.30 due to traffic jam and some other ppl accident along the road...

lucky they attend to me very fast cos the shop is empty no customer..

I tell them i cant fix the drainage cap if can fix up for me as i brought the sink. End up they claim tat the drainage cap must be pack wrongly by factory and gave me another set with longer screw. Then i frak them in the face " Har becos of one shorter screw and i need to come back all the way from jurong" Then they went in to test my tap and get me a replacement set (tested)... before i left ask again confirm no problem?

then said no problem...

Then ard 3pm + i reach home and tested the tap lucky no problem... hopefully my kitchen sink can be up by tml...(contractor coming at noon)

IMAG0430-800.jpg

The the new set of drainage cap (with longer screw) previous one the screw is about half the length only

IMAG0431-800.jpg

The replacement tap.. previous is leaking once pressurize at the gold and chrome joining area

personally I wont purchase from PJ again due to the following reason

1) rude and unprofessional sale person over the phone

2) need to travel so far for replacement (to and fro more than 50km heng now petrol cheaper ) I will purchase from IMM or Jurong area...save the trouble .

3) Traffic jam area :x

4) In the 1st place why a **** brand (PJ brand)new tap will leak and give me wrong item

Edited by tommy78

Hi tommy78,

Did u buy ur MBR toilet's basin and tap from PJ as well? I think we got the same one!

Aiyo... PJ's after sales service not very nice leh. The lady could have better tel skills. Which PJ did u go to?

5th floor One of the 658 block :notti:

I see I see. ha! I also at one of the 658 leh 5th floor leh. heheheh hi hi to you but I moving out in march le. Bought a resale at clementi.

Hi tommy78,

Did u buy ur MBR toilet's basin and tap from PJ as well? I think we got the same one!

Aiyo... PJ's after sales service not very nice leh. The lady could have better tel skills. Which PJ did u go to?

Ya 120 for the basin and 115 for the mixer.

The one opp lavender hawker center

congratz ivy.... u got any new neighbor just shifted in?? if have then is me and my wife liao

ur current unit is parent one or u selling away ur current unit?

show some other part of my house

My bedroom lightings

MBR 3 bulb , the other 2 BR only 2 bulb

IMAG0422-800.jpg

'

My study room (Beside MBR)

Just put up 2 Roman Blind from Ikea.. the curtain track is too long and ikea dun have 130cm length curtainIMAG0419-800.jpg

Today just DIY with a $3.80 Saw + $3 new better blade

IMAG0424-800.jpg

My nyatoh doors (MBR and Study Room ) Right is the bi fold door for common toilet

IMAG0414-800.jpg

Another view of my bi fold door for common toilet (MBR toilet also got the same door)

IMAG0394-800.jpg

My Bi Fold door of MBR toilet (look different with warm down light)

IMAG0398-800.jpg

i happen to know that u bot the same sofa set as me lei,but then how come urs is so much more expensive?i bot it as s$699 on xmas even.what colour do u choose?i choose a brown one.

mine is black i bought it on 18th Nov

we saw the $699 at sea horse on paper and in showroom during the mid and end of dec. Too bad we already purchased.

However i did check the item code for the sofa..they are 2 different complete code.. visually look exactly same sofa but price different no sure wats the difference, there even another same design sofa price at $729 last 2wks

For reference my sofa code is

YSHE70-RIGHT-ITALY-L

ITALY GRADE LEATHER SOFA

Divy 9FT RMG-ITA01-BLK

tommy i got no new neighours recently leh so we must be staying at different blocks lah. The current unit is my own. We sold it cos want to move nearer to mother in law