Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Need advise...

I'm narrowing down to 2 ID firms and 1 firm is very intrested in making my new home a showroom flat.

What exactly does that mean ? :dunno:

They liked the concept that we wanna do to our home and wanna showcase it.

What can I ask for to gain from the showflat thingy ? :D

Pls advise ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Need advise...

I'm narrowing down to 2 ID firms and 1 firm is very intrested in making my new home a showroom flat.

What exactly does that mean ? :dunno:

They liked the concept that we wanna do to our home and wanna showcase it.

What can I ask for to gain from the showflat thingy ? :D

Pls advise ;)

Supposedly better prices... sometimes, they will say they are making a loss from doing up your flat.

However, you might need to open your house for pple to view....

Two scenerios:

1) to their advantage

they give u some items FOC

2) to your advantage

they pay "rental" on per day basis

Depending on your bargaining power, mostly will be Case #1. But alot of pple will come into your house, hopefully with their shoes off :notti: And also u preferably change your locks after the show is over. And u must be comfortable with their ideas. Coz usually show room are made to be very nice... to the extend some pple cannot take it e.g knock down walls to make living rm bigger.

It can be sales tactics, but also can be true... Mostly r fakes unless they really throw in alot of free items or maybe give u a discount of at least 20% or more (to compensate/reward u for the time allowance for showflat event going on for mths)...

If a design firm really wans to create a showflat from true owners (not their friends nor relatives hse), they'll get their sub-cons to 'support' by doing it FOC for tad firm(as part of sales tied down between them)... Therefore showflats r usually created wif very minimum costs...

But designs must go wif them, bcos they nid to present the best...

*Tis is quite a legendary sales tactics aldy... Its jus a type of pyschologic sales..

Make the owners feel eager, tempted, n a feeling of 'WOW', my hse gonna be showflat of blah blah blah company, sure beri nice, worksmanship sure tip top...

(I'd learnt tis 7 yrs ago)

Just bargain if its true!

Edited by de_Pierre

so did you get your showflat yet??? can share???

I'm curious to know too... keke.

Personally, i feel is just a sales tactic?

Trying to entice you into believing that their workmanship is in tiptop since it will be used as a show flat.

And also to make u believe that u've got the best deal in town, as the pricing quote will be at the lowest so as to attract more potential customers from the showflat.

:sport-smiley-004:

I'm curious to know too... keke.

Personally, i feel is just a sales tactic?

Trying to entice you into believing that their workmanship is in tiptop since it will be used as a show flat.

And also to make u believe that u've got the best deal in town, as the pricing quote will be at the lowest so as to attract more potential customers from the showflat.

:sport-smiley-004:

LOL, if they give unshowroom standard after their claim and promises, it will be showcased in forum and blog instead. Will backfire.