Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sgdstuff

Thinking Of Renovating My 4 Rm Hdb..... Advice Needed!

Hi,

I'm currently staying in a 4 RM (4A) HDB in Hougang area and the estate is over 20+ years hence quite old but ever since shifting in about 6yrs+ ago, both myself & my wifey finds that this place is quite convenient and has the intention to stay on.

When we bought this unit 6yrs+ ago, we did not do much reno.... just did plastering for the whole house + re-wiring & re-piping and since we have the intention the carry on in this house, we were thinking doing a major renovation.

This renovation project will includes all the flooring, wardrobes, the whole kitchen, 2 bathrooms, changing of windows in the MBR, study room + the kitchen as well as adding some divider features in our living room to create a foyer as you enter into the house which would also double up as a "wall" for me to fixed a LCD TV on it.

I am currently still in the thinking & planning stage hence would like to seek some advice to see if I were to embark on this reno-project of mine, what kind of $$ would I be looking at?

As this is would be a major reno-job, we would shift out from the house temporary to maybe a chalet or rent an apartment for a 2 months or so.

The area of my unit is 104sqm & the living room is the square type.

Would sincerely hope to find some advice from the kind souls in this forum.

Thank you in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I just did my resale flat last year, the designer is my friend and spent abt 60k to redo a maisonette, hacked off everything and complete with major built-ins like wardrobes etc.

If u looking in a reasonable budget i would say yours would probably costs abt 30k, try not to do too much built-in cabinets if you think you want to keep ur budget low.

If you want the contact you can PM me. Cheers

Hi,

I'm currently staying in a 4 RM (4A) HDB in Hougang area and the estate is over 20+ years hence quite old but ever since shifting in about 6yrs+ ago, both myself & my wifey finds that this place is quite convenient and has the intention to stay on.

When we bought this unit 6yrs+ ago, we did not do much reno.... just did plastering for the whole house + re-wiring & re-piping and since we have the intention the carry on in this house, we were thinking doing a major renovation.

This renovation project will includes all the flooring, wardrobes, the whole kitchen, 2 bathrooms, changing of windows in the MBR, study room + the kitchen as well as adding some divider features in our living room to create a foyer as you enter into the house which would also double up as a "wall" for me to fixed a LCD TV on it.

I am currently still in the thinking & planning stage hence would like to seek some advice to see if I were to embark on this reno-project of mine, what kind of $$ would I be looking at?

As this is would be a major reno-job, we would shift out from the house temporary to maybe a chalet or rent an apartment for a 2 months or so.

Thank you in advance.

Hi sgdstuff,

Maybe you can try contact my designer which he did my house last sep'08.

He's very patient, reliable, responsive and also very experience in his job. He will try to solve whatever problem you have & also advise us what should do & what should not.

He even spent time with us to shop around for furnitures & lighting which are suitable for our new house.

So for me, i'm looking for a person who's experience enf and can deliver my home on time And Kelvin did that!

You can call him for consultation if you feel comfortable. Just to share only...

Hope you can get a good quote & excellent design from him.

His contact 9225 6464 or you can tap on their website @ www.nuspacedesign.com

Cheers....

30k is a comfortable minimal cost u should be looking at, assuming homo tiles, solid surface.

If u wanna do something more elaborate e.g vanity tops, granite tops, lots of mirrors etc then u should be looking at 38-40k range.

Seem like quite afew forumers trying to promote his id or him himself is an id?

Ya, if got good ID/contractor need to share mah. Then can compare quotation.

my ID also recommended by ppl from renotalk.

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Hi Sgdstuff,

I'm almost done with my reno for my 4rm resale, about 100sqm.

Will just like to share with you my quote since yours is quite similar to mine:

Masonry which includes flooring and wall tiling - 13k

Painting - 1k

Plumbing (all) - 1.5k

Kitchen cabinets - 5k

Walk-in Wardrobe - 3k

Feature Wall & TV Console @ Living Rm - 2k

TOTAL : 25.5k

This is a rough estimate for your reno as design and materials used will also determine the actual costs.

I did much more than the above listings as I hacked up the entire house and redid everything. You can PM me if you need more info or help.

Good luck! :yamseng:

Hi Sgdstuff,

Painting - 1k

Plumbing (all) - 1.5k

Kitchen cabinets - 5k

Walk-in Wardrobe - 3k

This is a rough estimate for your reno as design and materials used will also determine the actual costs.

I did much more than the above listings as I hacked up the entire house and redid everything. You can PM me if you need more info or help.

Good luck! yamseng.gif

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20536

Hi Ignition,

You must first look around at pictures of designs in websites, magazines, exhibitions etc to get an idea or feel of how you want your home to look like. After you have a rough idea in mind, then get quotes from a few reno companies, not too many though as you'll just get confused smile.gif, based on the designs you want. Alternatively, you can go to the reno companies and tell them your budget and let them design for you based on that.

I spent abt 50+k on my 4rm resale 100sqm. I hacked and redid everything in the house so all flooring, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, doors, windows are new. I started off by knowing roughly what design I want then look for a reasonable quote. Afterwhich, I liased with my ID to see what ideas can/cannot work. If you want more info, you can PM me yamseng.gif

Hi lynglyng,

I'm confuse with what u said. The another thread u mention ur reno spent $50+K , in this thread u mention $25K.

Pls enlighten me. thank you. :jawdrop:

Edited by alan26

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20536

Hi lynglyng,

I'm confuse with what u said. The another thread u mention ur reno spent $50+K , in this thread u mention $25K.

Pls enlighten me. thank you. :jawdrop:

Hi Alan26,

I did mention to sgdstuff that the list I gave him is only partial. I did much more than that which is in my other posting :dancingqueen:

I see. So $50K is the correct one la

yes, but for sgdstuff won't apply cos he's not doing so much things. so I only selected the ones relevant to him...

Hi Sgdstuff,

Painting - 1k

Plumbing (all) - 1.5k

Kitchen cabinets - 5k

Walk-in Wardrobe - 3k

Good luck! :yamseng:

Wa... :jawdrop: yr plumbing is on the high side n vry ex le... Frm my knowledge plumbing for whole house is only $700 even though its a 5rm flat, cos i hv done my at my new flat bt is only a small portion, my id quoted me for only $60. N as my family member wil b having a 5rm resale flat to reno, so me kpo n asked my id, tats y i know e price... I think u must hv b chop chop like carrot

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Hi sgdstuff,

My friend is doing interior design for years already. If you want to have a quote for comparison, you can PM me for his contact.

Anyway, no harm having another offer to consider right?

:yamseng:

Hi sgdstuff,

My friend is doing interior design for years already. If you want to have a quote for comparison, you can PM me for his contact.

Anyway, no harm having another offer to consider right?

:yamseng:

Yup.. should try