Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

Anyone Repair Ceiling Cracks Before?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Anyone repair ceiling cracks before?

How do you do it?

you stay in HDB? if yes, call your town council to come and see.

they will do a proper repair for you and may even co-share the cost with you.

Did your neighbour above do any renovation recently? Like hacking the floor.

it is the bathroom ceiling - more becos of dampness

i am not sure if hdb or town council handle it for us

it is the bathroom ceiling - more becos of dampness

i am not sure if hdb or town council handle it for us

If I am not wrong, if the crack is due to external factor, for eg. crack formed because upgrading of water tank), it is town council.

If the crack is interior and not due to recent construction or upgrading project, then it is HDB (considered defecting work.)

If I am not wrong, if the crack is due to external factor, for eg. crack formed because upgrading of water tank), it is town council.

If the crack is interior and not due to recent construction or upgrading project, then it is HDB (considered defecting work.)

HDB came to see. They said HDB will co-share 50%, but must see MP to get this benefit.

I recently came acros HDB website saying something like repair of spalling ceiling at owner's own cost. But you can always try the town council first.

The last time I repaired mine, I spent a lot of time going to and fro with the town council. I insisted that they should do it for free as my top floor flat has a water tank right above and that most likely was causing the ceiling to peel after all the years. The whole saga lasted more than a year until I said I will speak to the MP then they sent a contractor to repair it. And also claimed to repair the roof.

Unfortunately the spalling still occur after 1 year and i have to get a priviate contractor to repair cos didnt want to go through the hassle of arguing with them.

I recently came acros HDB website saying something like repair of spalling ceiling at owner's own cost. But you can always try the town council first.

The last time I repaired mine, I spent a lot of time going to and fro with the town council. I insisted that they should do it for free as my top floor flat has a water tank right above and that most likely was causing the ceiling to peel after all the years. The whole saga lasted more than a year until I said I will speak to the MP then they sent a contractor to repair it. And also claimed to repair the roof.

Unfortunately the spalling still occur after 1 year and i have to get a priviate contractor to repair cos didnt want to go through the hassle of arguing with them.

Where is the crack? In toilet ceiling?

HDB came to see. They said HDB will co-share 50%, but must see MP to get this benefit.

As I understand whether old or new house, there's a warranty period for leakage for at least 10 years.

However after 10 years, I think the unit below and the unit above need to co-share the cost. In this case, should be HDB if you are living highest.

One thing you can try is to check with a qualified surveyor before engaging him for a report. Structural problems should be handled by developer. Cracks due to earth settlement after 10 years should be individual unit's concern before take over.