Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jesperbg

Somewhere In Serangoon Central

Hehehe, My hacking will start this coming Monday, and I intend to do that as well. Will be going to visit the relatives with a cake or some baked goods on Sunday.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Technically contractor is suppose to inform. But I did also. I bought some chocolates and gave to my neighbours (upstairs, nextdoor and below) 2 days before the hacking started. No one likes to put up with the noise and dust and I always believe in starting right. Then when I moved in they were all very nice and even gave us some free goodies for CNY. :) My immediate neighbour apparently sells chicken rice (quite famous one) and promised to bring some for us soon. :)

Always pays to be neighbourly.

Thanks for the advice....Visited my immediate neigbour today while I was stocking up some drinks & snacks for my contractor and co-workers. Through her, I've learned a far bit about all the ex-owners of my flat. Interesting stuff :thumbs up:

Thanks for the advice....Visited my immediate neigbour today while I was stocking up some drinks & snacks for my contractor and co-workers. Through her, I've learned a far bit about all the ex-owners of my flat. Interesting stuff :thumbs up:

yeah i agree. its good to be on good terms with your neighbours. it never hurts meh. treat your workers with titbits and drinks, and they will do a much better job for u

hehe :) Glad you learnt something about them. It's always good to.

In fact... my ex-owner still has mail coming here and one was that he bought property in another place... So if there's any trouble next time I will know where to find him... or if any loanshark problems come I know what address to give. :P

Well, the hecking starts on Mon instead of Tues!!! :jawdrop:

Luckly, i managed to inform at least 1 neighbour!!... ;) Looks like my contractor is more egar to start than me.. :D

Some pic of Day 1 hecking & knocking

f_d1livingrmm_47573c6.jpg

f_d1foyerm_9c7dac6.jpg

f_d1rm1m_4f00635.jpg

f_kit5m_7896acd.jpg

f_Ctoilet3m_7017bf8.jpg

anyone heard of the brand 'ace floor' for laminated flooring? this is the brand provided by my contractor leh...when i asked him whether got any other brand..he said Singapore mainly is this brand (known affectionately as 'elephant' brand by my contractor) or supreme but he has no dealin wif supreme...

the grade given by him is AC3

how huh? any advice on this brand? shld i go with this or insist on getting supreme (which is more well known ya)...

anyone heard of the brand 'ace floor' for laminated flooring? this is the brand provided by my contractor leh...when i asked him whether got any other brand..he said Singapore mainly is this brand (known affectionately as 'elephant' brand by my contractor) or supreme but he has no dealin wif supreme...

the grade given by him is AC3

how huh? any advice on this brand? shld i go with this or insist on getting supreme (which is more well known ya)...

Well, managed to find out tt the so call 'elephant' brand is Power Dekor!! :D

Anyway, any advice on whether this Power Dekor is better or Supreme is better :(

I don't know which is better but it seems that most IDs use Supreme.

btw, my contractor gave me power dekor laminate flooring.

oh do you hav any pic to share? and which color code did u select huh?

Just confirm the tiles color and models with contractor yesterday. And today seems like is just preparing for the laying of tiles next week. We also managed to arrange to go down to visit 'Elephant' brand laminate's showroom next week.

Some pics to share :)

f_13022009142m_8c7680b.jpg

f_13022009141m_67bab6e.jpg

f_13022009142m_ac7b767.jpg

f_13022009142m_0c69714.jpg

f_13022009141m_3ccd19f.jpg

Just confirm the tiles color and models with contractor yesterday. And today seems like is just preparing for the laying of tiles next week. We also managed to arrange to go down to visit 'Elephant' brand laminate's showroom next week.

Some pics to share :)

f_13022009142m_8c7680b.jpg

f_13022009141m_67bab6e.jpg

f_13022009142m_ac7b767.jpg

f_13022009142m_0c69714.jpg

f_13022009141m_3ccd19f.jpg

Hi I noticed you didn't remove the curtains. Do you intend to reuse them? If yes, better remove else it'll accumulate too much dust and dirt.

If no, you might want to check on the condition of the curtain track. if not usable then can ask contractor remove for you.