Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

What Is The Meaning Of "view To Offer"?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You go and see the unit, then you make a reasonable offer.

Usually, you have to know what the valuation is, so you don't offer too high COV, or u don't insult the owner by making a ridiculously low offer before valuation. Alternatively, you may offer a certain amount above/below valuation, or at valuation, if the valuation report is not available yet.

I would ask if there were previous offers and how much, then I work out how much I would need to spend on reno, before making an offer.

VTO?

look at the valuation date first. The flat might be marketed for quite sometime and either no suitable offer or no offer at all. Most importantly, the report might be over soon so agent asking for VTO. If u like the flat, try at value first and see what's the response. I always believed there's room for discussion if the sellers are keen to sell. Some agents advertised valuation price and when u call up, they'll say sellers looking at the range of 20-30k. Personally, I wont even want to view the flat as I know I cant afford 20-30k. 1 or 2 months later, u'll see that the agent is still trying to market the flat but now its VTO.

VTO is a lousy tactic used by agent.....

when you offer, they claimed got ppl offer higher than you even there is no offer at all.

Just want you to offer to the price they want.....dun bother to go, tell them straight to tell you the selling price

VTO is a lousy tactic used by agent.....

when you offer, they claimed got ppl offer higher than you even there is no offer at all.

Just want you to offer to the price they want.....dun bother to go, tell them straight to tell you the selling price

Everyone also want the best for themselves; seller wants the highest price, buyers want the lowest price. So its how we all play the mind game.

IMO, VTO is quite a stupid game to play - if you open the floodgate to let the buyer give you whatever price they want, then the seller is subjecting himself to alot of debate. What happens if the seller counter-offer to the buyer's offer, and the buyer stick to his first offer? "You ask me to offer, so this is my offer lor. Take it or leave it." So stuck there, no deal.

I always believe someone who does not name a price means they do not know anything at all; they want others to come in with offers so they can gauge the market. Usually unprofessional, lazy agents will do this, instead of doing their proper analysis. So, throw them off with low, low prices, see how they going to answer to the seller.

Never give your sincere price to a VTO ad; your wish will never come true.

My opinion on VTO is dat seller oso do not want to fix themselves to a price which they think might be low.

So they are just fishing around to see who can offer the highest. Something like an auction.

My opinion on VTO is dat seller oso do not want to fix themselves to a price which they think might be low.

So they are just fishing around to see who can offer the highest. Something like an auction.

If you know the market well, your price will not be low. Like said above, its only people who do not know anything at all will be asking for VTO...

In my opnion, VTO would greatly depend on whether the unit being sold: 1) Has the valuation report been done? 2) Is the valuation report going to expire soon? In the first case, the owner might be just testing the market,hoping for a astronomical figure and may not be sincere in selling his flat in the first place. For the second scenario, it depends if the owner is desperate to sell the unit before the expiry of the valuation report. If so, he may lower his expectation and accept a lower bid. If not, he might just re-do the valuation and get a slightly higher valuation basing on the current HDB resale trend and prices. Ultimately, you still must know the valuation and transacted prices of recent units sold in the area. Do your homework, do not simply just listen to the agents. Sometimes they take the easy way out and just want the transaction to close asap and move on. Increase of $10k is not going to increase his commission significantly.

Edited by tower

Etsy serves as a platform where you can earn income by selling handmade products. Unlike other platforms, it's not mandatory for your products to be in stock; they can be made to order. However, having quality photos of your products is essential. If you're passionate about crafting and wish to turn it into a source of income, Etsy is the place for you. Simply reach out to support by this etsy reviews page to inquire about the details of how you can start selling your work through their site. Happy crafting and selling!