Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

Modern & Sleek Kitchens

i'm using glossy white laminate, to cut down the wave, you can opt to use laminate that is thicker, however thicker laminates are more costly. So far I am happy with the installation and 3 months of live in, i am still ok with maintenance. just need to wipe the dust off. I seldom cook though.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Love this one. Clean and classy, with the wood adding a nice warm touch.

cp__rs55.jpg

I like this one too~~

So many cabinet and down lights, I wonder what will the kitchen look like if they are off.

Yup, agree with Ivy. The wavy effect can be reduced significantly if you use thicker laminates. FOMICA has the 2mm ones which are good in my opinion. we use them for our kitchen... The issue i have with glossy cabinets is that it leaves a lot of fingerprints on it!

Yup, agree with Ivy. The wavy effect can be reduced significantly if you use thicker laminates. FOMICA has the 2mm ones which are good in my opinion. we use them for our kitchen... The issue i have with glossy cabinets is that it leaves a lot of fingerprints on it!

hi BBtBB.. what colour is ur laminate? im thinking of using the 2mm FORMICA laminates too.. white colour for my kitchen cabinets.. glossy ones..my concerns are 1) white's susceptible to stains easily and 2) scratches on glossy surfaces will easily show up..care to share ur experiences?

thanks!! :D

cp__rs55.jpg

I like this one too~~

So many cabinet and down lights, I wonder what will the kitchen look like if they are off.

I am sure, with enough space and money a lot is possible.

Just not in HDB Singapore.

All displayed kitchens ...forget about them unless you live in a single house, because you are billionaire, where they sometimes have lush kitchen space.

Please show pictures that are realistic here in Singapore.

Edited by Caireann

love tat deep blue glossy laminate :) feasible for the older kitchens where it comes in 'great lengths'. New houses will not be able to do do so but with some adjustments, this theme can still apply

hi BBtBB.. what colour is ur laminate? im thinking of using the 2mm FORMICA laminates too.. white colour for my kitchen cabinets.. glossy ones..my concerns are 1) white's susceptible to stains easily and 2) scratches on glossy surfaces will easily show up..care to share ur experiences?

thanks!! :D

Another option is to use veromobi. I just dscovered it in one of the ID magazines and went to their shop a few days ago in Sungei kadut. Its a more resilient type of acrylic that they use. Guy at the shop said its 5H compared to the previous 2H. Not sure what the 'H' stands for (maybe hard) but apparenlty it's far more scratch resistant. It really is nice and comes in different colours. Says they manufacture it in korea and takes about 3-5wks to do. But if you have the time, it's worth it. Think he said each door costs about 125 dollars so its not that cheap. Good thing is it looks really classy.